AS USUAL....No Deals in FA for Patriots...Prelude to another Sorry Draft for this Team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

AS USUAL....No Deals in FA for Patriots...Prelude to another Sorry Draft for this Team

Just another post in another year of the Patriots not going after anyone and warming up to another Draft where the Patriots will do what they always do....nothing. These last 4 years (exception of SeaBass) are a joke.
    As investors in the Patriots I wonder if I can use them as depreciation on my taxes!
    This draft is going to tell us everything we need to know, and Im afraid its not going to be a good one.Yell

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Re: AS USUAL....No Deals in FA for Patriots...Prelude to another Sorry Draft for this Team

I feel disappointed as well.  I guess that's the Pats MO.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: AS USUAL....No Deals in FA for Patriots...Prelude to another Sorry Draft for this Team

Its just the first day fellas....But you might be right. We may not see anything significant.  NE has a lot of good picks this year in the draft, so hopefully they make the right decisions.  If not, then we are going to have a rough 5-10yrs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Right, because free agents are just flying around the league right now and the Pats are the only ones not doing anything. Have you noticed that NOBODY is doing anything?  And last year's draft was good.  Butler, Chung, Vollmer, and Edelman will all start this year, and Tate and Mckenzie could contribute.  

Its incredible that you think that you can judge free agency by the first 10 hours.  This is going to last weeks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

In Response to Re: AS USUAL....No Deals in FA for Patriots...Prelude to another Sorry Draft for this Team:
    Right, because free agents are just flying around the league right now and the Pats are the only ones not doing anything. Have you noticed that NOBODY is doing anything?  And last year's draft was good.  Butler, Chung, Vollmer, and Edelman will all start this year, and Tate and Mckenzie could contribute.   Its incredible that you think that you can judge free agency by the first 10 hours.  This is going to last weeks.
    Posted by pyegian

With all due respect to you, Volmer and Edelman were the only bright spots to look at BUT, while you have these 2 young rising stars, how many did the Patriots lose my friend? No running backs to speak of worth anything for this team... Defense is still Swiss Cheese, O-lind still in trouble, reciever Randy Moss setting up the media for a move and paycheck. Although those 2 young men helped and are a nice addition, they are not enough.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In Response to AS USUAL....No Deals in FA for Patriots...Prelude to another Sorry Draft for this Team:
    Just another post in another year of the Patriots not going after anyone and warming up to another Draft where the Patriots will do what they always do....nothing. These last 4 years (exception of SeaBass) are a joke. As investors in the Patriots I wonder if I can use them as depreciation on my taxes! This draft is going to tell us everything we need to know, and Im afraid its not going to be a good one.
    Posted by Stompper

Mayo was a great pick up and Merriweather is also great.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Stomper Chung is among the great picks from that draft and to leave him off is nuts. Butler is at worst a nickle corner so that isn't a bad pick by any means.

Everyone needs to relax it's just 11 hours into free agency, the majority of the NFL is just sitting back and seeing what happens.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

I guess we all need to think of another interest to occupy us in the fall.  Even though it's only March, we all know the Patriots are not going to do anything to make themselves better.  It looks like a 2-16 season.  Better choose some hyperactive team like the Bears or the Redskins to root for.  Their tradition of recent success puts the Patriots to shame. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I wouldnt call either one great.  Mayo was a solid pick and Merriweather...he is OK.  Not good not bad...average.  He got blown in coverage many times last year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Apparently the sky continues to fall in Immediate Gratificationland.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Stompper look I understand your concerns the team definitely has holes but I think you're overreacting a little bit.  The defense needs some help but it isn't "swiss-cheese" they were in the top 5 in the NFL in points allowed.  There are about 20 teams that would drive their entire defense to New England if they could switch with the Patriots.  Add a good pass rusher and this defense will be top 3-4.

Remember also that plenty of players emerge after their rookie seasons (Wilfork, Warren, Meriweather, etc.).  Chung and Butler are going to be good ones.  The talent is there, now they have some experience.  It will be fun to see what happens.

All in all the Pats have needs for sure but so does every team in the NFL and while we all want to see free agents pouring into New England today, the reality is that its going to be a longer process than usual this year with the CBA and all.

And let's not forget the tidbit on Peppers just a few minutes ago.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to AS USUAL....No Deals in FA for Patriots...Prelude to another Sorry Draft for this Team:
    Just another post in another year of the Patriots not going after anyone and warming up to another Draft where the Patriots will do what they always do....nothing. These last 4 years (exception of SeaBass) are a joke. As investors in the Patriots I wonder if I can use them as depreciation on my taxes! This draft is going to tell us everything we need to know, and Im afraid its not going to be a good one.
    Posted by Stompper

Lighten up, my man. Its the first day of FA!

Also, sometimes the best deal is the one you don't make. I consider peppers to be a classic example of that. He's going to kill whatever team picks him up for the next decade, IMHO.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: AS USUAL....No Deals in FA for Patriots...Prelude to another Sorry Draft for this Team:
    Apparently the sky continues to fall in Immediate Gratificationland.
    Posted by p-mike

Hey, that's where I live!  When it rains, I float outside on magic faery sleepy dust and collect all the diamonds, saphires, and rubies that sprinkle the land.  I hate it when it snows though, cause sometimes I just get sick of eating all the delicious italian, roast beef, & meatball hoagies that litter the dirt-free ground...luckily though that's where amethyst cheesesteak princess comes into play...  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

we are less than 12 hours into FA, to say we are done is comical. take a patience pill and sit back let them do their thing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

we are less than 12 hours into FA, to say we are done is comical. take a patience pill and sit back let them do their thing.
    Posted by Pats7393

I cant help it.....Ive taken every pill in the house and some of my neighbors too, I think one of them was for mensstral cramps and bloating. I know we are Undecidedonly 12 hours into FA but, there are not that many good ones to get...Wheres a methadone clinic when you need one.?    Ohhh woe is me, why me...why me all the time???

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

Stomper Chung is among the great picks from that draft and to leave him off is nuts. Butler is at worst a nickle corner so that isn't a bad pick by any means. Everyone needs to relax it's just 11 hours into free agency, the majority of the NFL is just sitting back and seeing what happens.
    Posted by DaBlade

I really dont know about this guy Chung, every time I see his name it reminds me of CHUM, and that means bait....Shark Bait! Is he good? He looks undersized and misses tackles....I dotn know I hoep he turns good for the Patriots

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

In Response to Re: AS USUAL....No Deals in FA for Patriots...Prelude to another Sorry Draft for this Team : Hey, that's where I live!  When it rains, I float outside on magic faery sleepy dust and collect all the diamonds, saphires, and rubies that sprinkle the land.  I hate it when it snows though, cause sometimes I just get sick of eating all the delicious italian, roast beef, & meatball hoagies that litter the dirt-free ground...luckily though that's where amethyst cheesesteak princess comes into play...  
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Do you happen to have an apartment for rent there? I have a magic carpet and a genie bottle I could bring

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

Exactly right. This will be tytpical NE miserly approach. They'll sit on their hands until all the high priced talent is gone, then pick over the scraps, trade down on draft day then sit and wait for teams to realease all of their dead wood to round out our roster. This regime needs to change. I've been saying this for a year. Time for a change. I for one honestly hopes this is BB's last year. Go to KC, please!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

Posted by Pats7393

what exactly is "their thing"?? I like to know what that is. If "their thing" means sitting back while other teams in our division improve while our team releases or doesn't sign players then yes, they'll be doing "their thing"! That's what they do best.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

smorgan...notice that the teams that always come out and spend at the beginning of free agency are never the ones who win the Super Bowl? From 2001-2004 the Patriots bargain hunted and won 3 Super Bowls.  In 2006 and 2007 they made huge splashes and haven't won one yet.  Big contracts does not = winning.  You need a well rounded roster, and high priced free agents prevent teams from having depth on their rosters.

As for hoping BB leaves...you don't even deserve a response on that point.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Were goibg 2 pk up squat, and thats it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox148927. Show sox148927's posts

impact FA's have little interest in signing here anymore, the mystique and chance to play for a ring every year is gone. BB will dig up a few retreads like usual, most will be insignificant, and 1 or 2 will kinda pan out but end FA's again next year because the pats wont pay them unless its for a filenes basement clearance rack price.

i would look forward to the draft considering we have a nice selection of early picks, but we all know most of them will get packaged to move up a round or 2 in the 2019 draft. he will somehow find a way to turn a few of those second rounders into an early 3rd rounder and conditional 5th rounder 3 years from now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: AS USUAL....No Deals in FA for Patriots...Prelude to another Sorry Draft for this Team : what exactly is "their thing"?? I like to know what that is. If "their thing" means sitting back while other teams in our division improve while our team releases or doesn't sign players then yes, they'll be doing "their thing"! That's what they do best.
    Posted by smorgan86

They are not going to jump in and go after a high dollar guy, they probably put a market value deal to Peppers but will not be close to the money the bears will give him.

Jake delohme is the first of bad contract releases, there will be other players.  Who would you have wanted the pats to go after?  Peppers? overpay for a DE that is projected as a 34 OLB a position he's never played before and pay him 13 mil a year?  so in two years we have everyone saying he didn't pan out and critize BB for not making the right moves as he has been for the AD signing.

They will evaluate everyone thats available look at key roles they need and bring guys in will it be a huge name probably not but the biggest names we can land already play for them.

VW, Burgess, Bodden, TBC are the FAs they would have been going after anyways so they are probably going after them right now and see what they can get in FA as role players. 

getting bodden is a bad idea, one year which he won't play every game because he'll be hurt for at least two in the season look at his stats then next year his contract year he'll be looking to break the bank.  He is not a good option, WR depth in the draft is really good yes bodden is proven he's also proven to be hurt.

Why go out and get a big name when they big names are in your team and they need them.  I'm sure they'll pickup a TE a blocker, maybe trade for Olson and a few other moves.  They have good young players already, they'll get a couple of vets and pick some good players in the draft.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: AS USUAL....No Deals in FA for Patriots...Prelude to another Sorry Draft for this Team : Hey, that's where I live!  When it rains, I float outside on magic faery sleepy dust and collect all the diamonds, saphires, and rubies that sprinkle the land.  I hate it when it snows though, cause sometimes I just get sick of eating all the delicious italian, roast beef, & meatball hoagies that litter the dirt-free ground...luckily though that's where amethyst cheesesteak princess comes into play...  
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Amethyst Cheesesteak Princess?

I want to hear more about this.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Amethyst Cheesesteak Princess?
    I want to hear more about this."

It's the same old tale ages told ages hence, Boy happens once upon a pretty lil' gem, she working as a door-to-door rubbermaid saleswoman, he desperately in need of order in his crisper-bin, she born in the year of the 3-toed yak, he's a water-sign, the stars align as together they make a southeastern mustard marinade, once full, he leaves her like a piece of meat...the same could be told about anyone really.