Asante Samuel Applauds Adalius Thomas, Criticized Belichick/Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Asante Samuel Applauds Adalius Thomas, Criticized Belichick/Patriots

Samuel said: "I think it's good he [Thomas] spoke up. More up there should. It certainly got to be a place where I didn't want to be. I am happy to be gone. I am happy here. They know how to make you feel wanted and appreciated here, but it's not the way I found it over there.''

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/12/14/eagles-samuel-has-heart-in-philly-one-eye-on-former-team/

When it rains, it pours.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Re: Asante Samuel Applauds Adalius Thomas, Criticized Belichick/Patriots

Poor Asante had his feelings hurt by not being offered the ridiculous contract he got from the Eagles.  Hey Asante, maybe if didn't have butterfingers in the Super Bowl, things would be different.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Asante got a 56 million dollar contract, that's Tom brady, Randy Moss money.  Except when you look at Brady Moss and Samuel there is one difference.  2 out of 3 of them are going to the hall of fame.  I liked Asante but the Pats couldn't afford to keep him, he wanted to get rich.  Sorry if he thought he was the best player of the team, he wasn't top 10 probably.

He'll get experienced in playoff losses in Philadelphia.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Asante Samuel Applauds Adalius Thomas, Criticized Belichick/Patriots:
    [QUOTE]Samuel said: "I think it's good he [Thomas] spoke up. More up there should. It certainly got to be a place where I didn't want to be. I am happy to be gone. I am happy here. They know how to make you feel wanted and appreciated here, but it's not the way I found it over there.'' http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/12/14/eagles-samuel-has-heart-in-philly-one-eye-on-former-team/ When it rains, it pours.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

Assante is one of the guys that was "DISRESPECTED" because we wouldn't break the bank for him. Doesn't surprise me. Maybe they should go ask Ted Washington what he thinks too. More Piling on. Wanted and apreciated= Paid what I want. I'll start a new thread for him when he wins his next championship.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Y'all crazy...It's not your money that he wanted, he wanted what he earned.  He was and still is one of the top CB's in the NFL.  He wanted market value just like VW wants market value.  We are all complaining about the defense.  We would like to have a playmaker on defense.  Guess what he is a playmaker and playmakers want money.

Believe me, if Moss was that young with the Pats he would want to get paid too.  Lets see what happens when Welker wants to get paid.  Because you better believe he isnt taking those hits for nothing.

Bottom line, Pats dont pay anyone thats why they are lacking on defense.  Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt, but you cant be mad at the guy for wanting to feel like this organization valued him.  Just a couple of weeks ago he almost had a bad neck injury.  Im sure if anything ever happened to him he would want his family to be taken care of as if he was still here.      

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"It certainly got to be a place where I didn't want to be. I am happy to be gone. I am happy here. They know how to make you feel wanted and appreciated here, but it's not the way I found it over there."

Dear Asante Samuel,

~AS, We ALL know about you Asante, You didn't want to be in N.E., a miserable place where people care more about doing their job, less about far more honorable statitistics (well, not really ALL "stats" per se-since You were always in the bottom third of ALL NFL DBs in Total Tackles, "Sportscenter Highlight Stats"); N.E., A fascist place where Players show up to training camp, fulfill their contracts, and some even take paycuts just to be perennial winners...yet these things understandably left a sour taste in your mouth.  But as long as the sour grapes you've consumned lead to no alterior motives behind your outspoken words Asante, Then we're all good.  Further congratulations are in order for You picking your fights well-I mean, NOT stepping up in the Superbowl "well", BUT standing up for a poor, destitute, quietly misunderstood star-performer on-the-field, "well"..."Saint Asante" you'll forever be known as of this moment onwards.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Asante made no secret of the fact that he was in it for the money and nothing else -- and that's perfectly fine. I supsect we all might be a little less critical of him if he'd manage to catch one particular ball that bounced right off his hands, and an irrevocable place in history right along with it, but in any case, nobody who pays any kind of attention to professional sports is ever going to confuse Asante Samuel with a "team guy." From a New England perspective, the difference between these two is that Samuel performed and then had to go elsewhere to get his money, whereas Thomas got his money and then declined to perform (or simply can't, anymore). It makes sense that players with a history of disgruntledness -- which can't possibly be a real word -- would stick by each other no matter how vigorously their opinion flies in the face of generally accepted logic. The New England Patriots have not maintained their position at (or near) the top of the league for the better part of 10 years by acceding to the retarded salary demands of every idiot who makes a couple plays, nor by coddling prima donnas who believe they need only be required to show up whent they feel like it.

It may be accurate to say that the Pats' secondary fairly blows, but I don't miss Asante Samuel at all. Similarly, there is a lack of depth at linebacker, but Adalius Thomas is gone, and I can't help but think that that is a good thing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

I ate Asante Samuel! He lost the Super Bowl for us. He's overrated and he only cares about his money more than winning.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Asante Samuel Applauds Adalius Thomas, Criticized Belichick/Patriots:
    [QUOTE]"It certainly got to be a place where I didn't want to be. I am happy to be gone. I am happy here. They know how to make you feel wanted and appreciated here, but it's not the way I found it over there." Dear Asante Samuel , ~ AS, We ALL know about you Asante, You didn't want to be in N.E., a miserable place where people care more about doing their job, less about far more honorable statitistics (well, not really ALL "stats" per se-since You were always in the bottom third of ALL NFL DBs in Total Tackles, "Sportscenter Highlight Stats"); N.E., A fascist place where Players show up to training camp, fulfill their contracts, and some even take paycuts just to be perennial winners...yet these things understandably left a sour taste in your mouth.  But as long as the sour grapes you've consumned lead to no alterior motives behind your outspoken words Asante, Then we're all good.  Further congratulations are in order for You picking your fights well-I mean, NOT stepping up in the Superbowl "well", BUT standing up for a poor, destitute, quietly misunderstood star-performer on-the-field, "well"..."Saint Asante" you'll forever be known as of this moment onwards.   
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Asante fulfilled his contract. From what I remember, he held out after he was tagged. Being tagged doesn't mean he is under contract. At its simplest, it just means the Pats have dibs. He signed the franchise tender after they promised not to franchise him again. Then he played. If these facts are wrong, let me know.

Regarding his statement - who cares? He decided he wanted more money and I think it safe to say that he wanted that money outside of NE after they tagged him. No problem. He did a great job for us. From his statement, he was apparently discontented. Again - who cares? One discontented guy applauding another discontented guy. People wave at other people who drive the same car they do. It doesn't affect the Pats.

EDIT - Not challenging you, Laz. Just correcting the implication that he held out when he had a signed contract. The rest is just my opinion on his statement that I added after.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

haha he is upset because his chance the win a SB ring went out the window when he left new england. philly is a real let down in the playoffs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Asante Samuel Applauds Adalius Thomas, Criticized Belichick/Patriots:
    [QUOTE]Y'all crazy...It's not your money that he wanted, he wanted what he earned.  He was and still is one of the top CB's in the NFL.  He wanted market value just like VW wants market value.  We are all complaining about the defense.  We would like to have a playmaker on defense.  Guess what he is a playmaker and playmakers want money. Believe me, if Moss was that young with the Pats he would want to get paid too.  Lets see what happens when Welker wants to get paid.  Because you better believe he isnt taking those hits for nothing. Bottom line, Pats dont pay anyone thats why they are lacking on defense.  Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt, but you cant be mad at the guy for wanting to feel like this organization valued him.  Just a couple of weeks ago he almost had a bad neck injury.  Im sure if anything ever happened to him he would want his family to be taken care of as if he was still here.      
    Posted by patsfaninsatx[/QUOTE]

I'd rather have him on the team than not but the fact is we don't. Everybody we don't pay is all of the sudden "DISRESPECTED". These guys are the ones holding grudges. I root for the Pats not the Samuels. I get the feeling that all of these guys; Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy, Joe Andruzzi, Drew Bledsoe,Deion Branch, Assante Samuel and Ted Washington are hurt because they wanted to be here but the pats wouldn't pay as much as another team. If they want to go elsewhere that's there business but if they want to rip the Pats 2, 3 or 5 years down the road I don't want to hear it. Especially when they mask their sour grapes behind the guise of disrespect when we all know it's about cash.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

[QUOTE]I ate Asante Samuel! He lost the Super Bowl for us. He's overrated and he only cares about his money more than winning.
    Posted by fireballer58[/QUOTE]

Do you need a tums? zantac? pepto?.....lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In other news, 13 of Tiger Woods's ex-paramours have now tattled on him.  The difference is that Woods promised to love and obey till death do them part.  Jonathan Kraft only promised to stick to Asante's contract and then it's up.

I'm glad that Asante got his 1/20 of a billion dollar contract.  Football is a rough business and he earned it when he played for the Pats, if not for the Eagles too.  Now, given a rather small opportunity, does he want to play kiss and tell this week?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Asante Samuel Applauds Adalius Thomas, Criticized Belichick/Patriots : Asante fulfilled his contract. From what I remember, he held out after he was tagged. Being tagged doesn't mean he is under contract. At its simplest, it just means the Pats have dibs. He signed the franchise tender after they promised not to franchise him again. Then he played. If these facts are wrong, let me know. Regarding his statement - who cares? He decided he wanted more money and I think it safe to say that he wanted that money outside of NE after they tagged him. No problem. He did a great job for us. From his statement, he was apparently discontented. Again - who cares? One discontented guy applauding another discontented guy. People wave at other people who drive the same car they do. It doesn't affect the Pats. EDIT - Not challenging you, Laz. Just correcting the implication that he held out when he had a signed contract. The rest is just my opinion on his statement that I added after.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

~No worries Root, we're buddies you and I, But I really though Asante held out in order for N.E.'s FO to guarentee that He would NOT be tagged again...anytime IMHO You hold out and the team is just going by the contractual league rules set in place, is kinda suspect to say the least.  The fact that he was always at the bottom third of ALL DBs in the NFL, Never made it NOT be known that he wanted The very highest Billing over loyalties to winning and the guys who had brought him along, AND GOD, more than anything, The SB wiffing on an easy IN that would have sealed destiny....well, these things never really endeared me much to him as a loyal, hard-nosed, crunch-time performer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

In Response to Asante Samuel Applauds Adalius Thomas, Criticized Belichick/Patriots:
    [QUOTE]Samuel said: "I think it's good he [Thomas] spoke up. More up there should. It certainly got to be a place where I didn't want to be. I am happy to be gone. I am happy here. They know how to make you feel wanted and appreciated here, but it's not the way I found it over there.'' http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/12/14/eagles-samuel-has-heart-in-philly-one-eye-on-former-team/ When it rains, it pours.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

Mr. Route Jumping Riverboat Gambler  himself..............just means he miss's being a Patriot ......he stinks in one on one coverage and isn't worth the money they gave him...........Hobbs and him both cost them a ring in 2007......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

[QUOTE]Y'all crazy...It's not your money that he wanted, he wanted what he earned. [/QUOTE]

He signed a contract & "earned" a check every week. He wanted to be "paid" when his contract was up. Unfortunately you can't pay a whole team top dollar with a salary cap in place. This isn't MLB & the Yankees.  As for spending correlating to winning, just look at the Jets. They're the team with the highest payroll in the NFL & they are a .500 team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

What ever anyone is saying, I still think we lost big time by not signing Samuel to an extension and the way it is going, history would repeat itself with Wilfork. BB cannot expect the likes of BRace/Pryor to replace VW, just as Ellis Hobbs couldn't replace Asante. We pats fan can say whatever we want, but it would be nice to break the bank once in a while for a stud who would keep us happy for years. Like some one said earlier, Welker is playing for peanuts (5yr-18mil) and am sure he wants a huge payday soon as he is probably the best slot for a long time now.
    Asante can say whatever he wants, but I do feel that we lost one of the best corners!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Asante Samuel Applauds Adalius Thomas, Criticized Belichick/Patriots : ~No worries Root, we're buddies you and I, But I really though Asante held out in order for N.E.'s FO to guarentee that He would NOT be tagged again...anytime IMHO You hold out and the team is just going by the contractual league rules set in place, is kinda suspect to say the least.  The fact that he was always at the bottom third of ALL DBs in the NFL, Never made it NOT be known that he wanted The very highest Billing over loyalties to winning and the guys who had brought him along, AND GOD, more than anything, The SB wiffing on an easy IN that would have sealed destiny....well, these things never really endeared me much to him as a loyal, hard-nosed, crunch-time performer.
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

He wasn't under contract, but signed when they said they wouldn't re-franchise him.

The SB? Long ago and far away. If Asante's miss on that drive was the only thing wrong with it, I'd agree with you. Meriweather missed one too. The refs let Eli get away and Harrison and Meriweather missed on the Tyree catch. Too many mistakes equals a missing ring.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I'd just like to see one former Pat who has had the same individual and team success that (left for the money) they had in NE?
    Some have had individual success and some team, none SB that i can remember, success but not both.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

This assh*le DROPS THE SUPER BOWL WINNING INTERCEPTION AND BLOWS HIS COVERAGE ASSIGNMENT ON DAVID TYREE AND HE F*CK*NG WONDERS WHY THE TEAM DIDN'T APPRECIATE HIM?!?!??!??!

Grrrrarrrghhhhhh!!!!

G*F*Y, Asante.  I hope you enjoyed collecting your game check after getting owned by Vincent Jackson a couple weeks ago.  You did a heck of a job on Steve Smith against the Giants, too.

You weren't worth the money - Ty Law makes that catch and stays with Tyree, which is why the Pats made him the richest corner in the league at the time.  I can name 5 corners who are head and shoulders above you:
    -Nmandi Asomugha
    -Darelle Revis
    -Champ Bailey
    -Antoine Winfield
    -Nate Clements
    -Antonio Cromartie
    -Rashean Mathis

Samuels s*cks and I won't miss him once Butler and/or Wilhite learns the ropes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]I'd just like to see one former Pat who has had the same individual and team success that (left for the money) they had in NE? Some have had individual success and some team, none SB that i can remember, success but not both.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

Adam Nougatieri

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

[QUOTE]Y'all crazy...It's not your money that he wanted, he wanted what he earned.  He was and still is one of the top CB's in the NFL.  He wanted market value just like VW wants market value.  We are all complaining about the defense.  We would like to have a playmaker on defense.  Guess what he is a playmaker and playmakers want money. Believe me, if Moss was that young with the Pats he would want to get paid too.  Lets see what happens when Welker wants to get paid.  Because you better believe he isnt taking those hits for nothing. Bottom line, Pats dont pay anyone thats why they are lacking on defense.  Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt, but you cant be mad at the guy for wanting to feel like this organization valued him.  Just a couple of weeks ago he almost had a bad neck injury.  Im sure if anything ever happened to him he would want his family to be taken care of as if he was still here.      
    Posted by patsfaninsatx[/QUOTE]

It's naive to think that everyone who played for the Patriots and are now plying their trade elsewhere, are going to have fond memories or pleasant comments to make. Why did it take Thomas's tact to pry Samuel's mouth open? He got his ring and wanted to be paid as an elite corner. Something that the Patriots who are always in the market for the home town discount aren't/weren't willing to give. 
    You bring up an interesting point. When Welker's contract is up and if he isn't compensated to his liking, what will the comments be here: Welker was good, but the hits he took weren't that hard. Slot receivers are a dime a dozen, etc., etc., 
    Vince Wilfork's contract talks are at a standstill. I'm really curious to see how management handles this in the off season. As he has been nothing but a pro on off the field during his stay.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Samuel doesn't see a dynasty if it stared right at him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

I'll take Ty Law in his prime over Asante any day of the week.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from vapatfan1. Show vapatfan1's posts

I believe Asante has a tatto on his arm that says "Get Paid"  Not surprised he reacted the way he did.  Birds of the feather and all that.....

I'm not saying players shouldn't try to get the most for their services but Asante got what was important to him.  The big payday.  Winning a championship is a distant second in Asante's primary goal of getting paid.   

How do I know?  He went to the money...