Asomugha a free agent

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwiegmann24. Show cwiegmann24's posts

Asomugha a free agent

Since his contract is void, can a playoff team pick him up and play him in the playoffs? I'm not saying that it would be needed for the Pats, but I would hate to see the Jets pick him up and play him against us on Sunday. Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Re: Asomugha a free agent

I thought that he doesn't become a FA until there is a new CBA in place.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Ok, so just found this article and it looks like basically what happened is the last year of the contract is void because he missed incentives, meaning he still wouldn't be a FA until the off season.  Did I miss something?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

If he was willing to take a little less pay to play in a winning environment where everyone is accountable, I'd love to see someone who spends his offseasons helping Nigerian orphans and mentoring underpriveleged teens in a Patriots uniform.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

In Response to Re: Asomugha a free agent:
    [QUOTE]He will want to win for sure but he wont take less money, what he would say to a Pats fan on this subject is other teams win too and so he would most likely go to a team that wins but will pay him. The Ravens? Saints? 49ers? these are teams with a need that wont say "If he takes less money" this is not some over the hill veteran this is one of the top 5 CB's in football who is still in his prime and he will get top dollar. He wont be a Pat, they would rather go with DMC and Bodden next year.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

At this point in time not sure I would equate 49er's with winning.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Not coming here.  Have Bodden 1 and McCourty 2.  Not that they are on Nnamdi's level but you know how BB thinks about his personel.  I predict he will be a COLT

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wlbpatriotsfan. Show wlbpatriotsfan's posts

ESPN reports that the Packers and Jets would be frontrunners.  Asomugha has several times expressed a desire to play for Rex and is friendly with Revis.  Since Cromartie is a free agent next year, Ryan would love to design more exotic blitz packages with two shut-down corners.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

The Pats would NEVER pay him the amount of money he wants.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to Re: Asomugha a free agent:
    [QUOTE]ESPN reports that the Packers and Jets would be frontrunners.  Asomugha has several times expressed a desire to play for Rex and is friendly with Revis.  Since Cromartie is a free agent next year, Ryan would love to design more exotic blitz packages with two shut-down corners.
    Posted by wlbpatriotsfan[/QUOTE]

the J.E.T.S. will barely be able to sign a few of their top players who are free agents.  there is no way they would have the money/cap space to sign asomugha.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwiegmann24. Show cwiegmann24's posts

I never thought that he'd be a Patriot, just because of his price tag. I just wondered if it was possible for him to still play during this postseason for another team, namely the Jets

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Nope, his contract isn't up till after this year with the last year being void because he missed his incentives.