At 7-4, Giants Still A Team Who Can Beat Patriots In SB?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: At 7-4, Giants Still A Team Who Can Beat Patriots In SB?

I hope we get to find out. IMO the Patriots are a better team than last year so the Giants would have to be better too. Like them or not the Giants are a damn good team. They seem to rise to the occasion in the big games, and Eli is clutch.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RaiderPat. Show RaiderPat's posts

The Giantswill beat the Pats again if ever they play again..It's  a matchup thing..It seems to me that the Giants front 4 owns Pats OL all day which is a major key for the Giants D..But ey what do I know.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RaiderPat. Show RaiderPat's posts

Lol face it!!! Its a matchup..Play the giants againts steelers i dont think manning can play the way he use to play againts the pats.But pats can handle the steelers easily.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Giants aren't that scary.  In some respects, neither are we.  However..... 

What most impresses me about the PATS year in and year out is the ability of the coachng staff to replace and move players around to fill holes created by injury and suspensions and still play at a high level and win and win and win and win.  Love me some Gronk but did we really miss him in New York?

If your team wins you have a chance.  If your team loses consistently or the fact that your QB ran in the backside of his own offensive lineman has become the symbol of futility for your team, you have no chance.

I like our chances.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hope we get to find out. IMO the Patriots are a better team than last year so the Giants would have to be better too. Like them or not the Giants are a damn good team. They seem to rise to the occasion in the big games, and Eli is clutch.

[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see another game vs. Giants.  Probably noone else across the country does though :)

Like others have said, the Giants still match up well against the patriots - even though this years team is better than last year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to LittleTimmy31's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the Pats do meet the Gints in the SB, I seriously doubt lightening will strike 3 times giving the Gints another miracle win. The Pats do have a much better running game this year and are not afraid to use it.

Just a couple more key first downs made by the Pats in the last Pats/Gints SB's and the Pats would be 5-time SB champs under BB.

[/QUOTE]

It is not lightening when your O oline has real troble handling a teams D line in pass protection. And our secondary is suspect until proven otherwise. So yes they could give us real trouble.

I will agree that in both games they needed some real luck - especially the 2007 game. ANd the injuries to Gronk and Mankins were game changers. If both teams were healthy I pick the Pats. But the Giants are built to contend.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Disregard what the Giants did to the Packers, the Aaron Rodgers has always been afraid of that defense and once they touch him once, he becomes the biggest baby I've ever seen. Against the Giants, he rushes throws, he isn't nearly as composed as usual and he just can't seem to go past his second read. 

Tommy, on the other hand, had a career game against them in the Superbowl last year. I think he set the SB record for consecutive passes completed, and he did it with his best receiving option hobbled. Don't forget that Tommy had the game won, but a certain WR couldn't hold onto a catch that hit him right in the palms of his hands. Also, keep in mind that last year's running game wasn't nearly as good as this year and that the Giants don't have a particularly good run defense and you can see why the Patriots shouldn't fear anyone this season. 

The teams the Patriots should have legitimate concerns going up against are the 49ers and the Texans due to their physical styles of play. Luckily for us, if the Patriots were to meet up with both these teams in the playoffs, BB rarely ever loses twice to the same team in the same season. And if we win, a healthy Gronkowski ought to improve our chances. 

[/QUOTE]

This post nailed it. I would add that the best way to counter an overly aggressive front 4 is to run the ball down their throats. We have the play book and the horses to do that this year.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RaiderPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Giantswill beat the Pats again if ever they play again..It's  a matchup thing..It seems to me that the Giants front 4 owns Pats OL all day which is a major key for the Giants D..But ey what do I know.

[/QUOTE]

now this Raider fan is obviously a Genius

[/QUOTE]

All this is pure speculation and opinion until it happens! That's why they play the game. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Disregard what the Giants did to the Packers, the Aaron Rodgers has always been afraid of that defense and once they touch him once, he becomes the biggest baby I've ever seen. Against the Giants, he rushes throws, he isn't nearly as composed as usual and he just can't seem to go past his second read. 

Tommy, on the other hand, had a career game against them in the Superbowl last year. I think he set the SB record for consecutive passes completed, and he did it with his best receiving option hobbled. Don't forget that Tommy had the game won, but a certain WR couldn't hold onto a catch that hit him right in the palms of his hands. Also, keep in mind that last year's running game wasn't nearly as good as this year and that the Giants don't have a particularly good run defense and you can see why the Patriots shouldn't fear anyone this season. 

The teams the Patriots should have legitimate concerns going up against are the 49ers and the Texans due to their physical styles of play. Luckily for us, if the Patriots were to meet up with both these teams in the playoffs, BB rarely ever loses twice to the same team in the same season. And if we win, a healthy Gronkowski ought to improve our chances. 

[/QUOTE]

This post nailed it. I would add that the best way to counter an overly aggressive front 4 is to run the ball down their throats. We have the play book and the horses to do that this year.

[/QUOTE]

We have the tightends necessary to match up with the Giants whereas in the past we didn't. Also both of our tackles match up better against speed rushing ends than they did in the last two Super Bowl meetings.  I for one am hoping for the Giants again...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

The front four of the Giants are very unique and something not to ignor.  I doubt if the Pats young tackles can consistantly keep them in check.  They just match up well against us and I believe GB is very much like the Pats.  GB matches up poorly against them as well.  

A good test for things to come will be facing the 49er's and Texans.   We can come back and evaluate the OL and defensive backfield.  Whether the DL is even that good.  The list goes on.  Nonetheless a proper test approaches.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to LittleTimmy31's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the Pats do meet the Gints in the SB, I seriously doubt lightening will strike 3 times giving the Gints another miracle win. The Pats do have a much better running game this year and are not afraid to use it.

Just a couple more key first downs made by the Pats in the last Pats/Gints SB's and the Pats would be 5-time SB champs under BB.

[/QUOTE]

It is not lightening when your O oline has real troble handling a teams D line in pass protection. And our secondary is suspect until proven otherwise. So yes they could give us real trouble.

I will agree that in both games they needed some real luck - especially the 2007 game. ANd the injuries to Gronk and Mankins were game changers. If both teams were healthy I pick the Pats. But the Giants are built to contend.

[/QUOTE]

seems like a little bit of luck is always needed to win a sb :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The front four of the Giants are very unique and something not to ignor.  I doubt if the Pats young tackles can consistantly keep them in check.  They just match up well against us and I believe GB is very much like the Pats.  GB matches up poorly against them as well.  

A good test for things to come will be facing the 49er's and Texans.   We can come back and evaluate the OL and defensive backfield.  Whether the DL is even that good.  The list goes on.  Nonetheless a proper test approaches.

[/QUOTE]

yes.  not too far away before we'' find out what this team is made of

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

New Jersey (blue) owns the Pats until and if New England can prove otherwise. Anybody happen to catch what they did to the Packers last week? The ability to effectively harass the quarterback without giving up anything in coverage kills finesse passing teams like Green Bay and New England.

And yes . . .   okay . . .   the helmet catch was a miracle, but let's not go getting carried away with how "lucky" the team you never beat is.

And there's no "e" in lightning, for chrissakes!

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to p-mike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

New Jersey (blue) owns the Pats until and if New England can prove otherwise. Anybody happen to catch what they did to the Packers last week? The ability to effectively harass the quarterback without giving up anything in coverage kills finesse passing teams like Green Bay and New England.

And yes . . .   okay . . .   the helmet catch was a miracle, but let's not go getting carried away with how "lucky" the team you never beat is.

[/QUOTE]

always did like you p-mike!

[/QUOTE]

Wow what a shock! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

True. 

The Giants eat QB centric teams alive. 

They run DTs that play like DEs. They are just built to stop these offenses.

The NFL is about matchups, not one team beats every other team in the NFL. 

The Pats front five doesn't match well with the Gints front four. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Jints and Eli are irrelevant this year.  Check out the egg they lay Monday night...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Poor little misunderstood troll.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Poor little misunderstood troll.

[/QUOTE]

or to the tcal's of the world I can just say Gmen always kick Pats *****   :  )

see i got it all covered!

[/QUOTE]

And you wonder why so many shots are fired at you.