At least our punter...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BamaPat. Show BamaPat's posts

At least our punter...

... might have an impact in 2010.

Reiss and others are praising the Pats "value" picks and ability to avoid reaching. What they fail to consider is moving up to high in the first round. Sorry, moving up to the first pick in the 7th round doesn't count.

Heck, I would have given up our first, two seconds and a bunch of lower picks (who will never make our roster anyway) for Suh or McCoy ((the DT)) or for Eric Berry. Quality over quantity.

Anyway, our top picks aren't going to have an impact:

Round one corner is a special teams demon. Wow. Great "value" for a first rounder.

Second round: Think the Rex already has told his d-backs and backers to put a helmet in Gronkowski's back every play. A nearly 6-7 guy with a back problem in a position where he will get pounded won't last.

Florida guys. One OLB/DE who averaged 0.5 sacks a year during his college career and nobody knows; a TE who the scouting reports say has to "get tougher," and, finally, an ILB - Spikes - who would lose a 40-yard dash race against Brady, even with his surgically repaired knee.

Finally we sign a DE cut by Raiders who is in his 30s and had a whopping 35 tackles last year.

Ugh!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

Re: At least our punter...

star this and come back to it in 2 years when it's worth talking about.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

"Heck, I would have given up our first, two seconds and a bunch of lower picks (who will never make our roster anyway) for Suh or McCoy ((the DT)) or for Eric Berry. "

-But you know the Patriots never will do that.....They have had success not mortgaging their drafts and future for that one standout player......They had many positions to fill.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BamaPat. Show BamaPat's posts

"But you know the Patriots will never do that."

That's the problem. Based on our recent draft track record ((last three or 4 years)), they need to change the way they do things. Every year, they bring in 10-12 marginal guys to a playoff-caliber team who don't have a big impact. .

for one year, just one year, in a very, very deep draft pool, they should have used up all those picks they have acquired over the years and went for the home run ball. Instead, we once again played small ball.

Quality over quantity should have been the theme this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I recomend you stick to watching the WNBA exclusively since you don't know JACK about Football

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to At least our punter...:
    ... might have an impact in 2010.
    Posted by BamaPat

He's already having an impact.

Hasn't played a down in the league yet and he's already got the coolest name.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Pmike-  We need to start a Zoltan fan club!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: At least our punter...:
    Pmike-  We need to start a Zoltan fan club!
    Posted by Rocky

I am 100% in favor of this . . .

just as soon as I get over my Chris Hanson hangover.Frown

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

... might have an impact in 2010.Posted by BamaPat

wait a minute. what have had for a punter the past few seasons?

zoltan is a monster, built like a LB and will probably offer some extra special teams punch besides just being a punter. 

the only other punter i like in the college ranks right now is Bosher at Miami, but he's a year away, but he's also a place kicker with good FG accuracy

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

ZOLTAN'S ZEALOTS 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

ZOLTAN'S ZEALOTS 
    Posted by HRK103

oh, that's t-shirt worthy. let me know where i can get oneSmile

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

A group of season ticket holders (I wish I were one) has to start a Zoltan's Zealots section.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

If somebody isn't printing "You Don't Mess With The Zoltan" T-shirts right now, I would be very surprised.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

Posted by Tcal2

Ha! I was totally thinking "Big" when i heard his name.......Lagarrett Blount wishes he could wake up a grown up....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

What about Zartan from GI JOE? Leader of the Dreadnoks....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

did anybody else click this thread fully expecting it to say at least our punter is an absolute beast? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I recomend you stick to watching the WNBA exclusively since you don't know JACK about Football
    Posted by Tcal2

Tcal2, I agree with you wholeheartedly. Another "fan" that knows nothing about the Pats and their success in recent drafts and is just parroting the hypemasters.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

did anybody else click this thread fully expecting it to say at least our punter is an absolute beast? 
    Posted by fitz0527

Me...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

We had a rock solid draft, as well as signing Gerrad Warren to play D End and he is a beast so you're either a troll or daft.  Randy Moss was ineffective on the Raiders, it's where old, unwanted players go to die or get held hostage to a contract like Warren.  Now we are going to have Wilfork bookended by the Warrens...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

... might have an impact in 2010. Reiss and others are praising the Pats "value" picks and ability to avoid reaching. What they fail to consider is moving up to high in the first round. Sorry, moving up to the first pick in the 7th round doesn't count. Heck, I would have given up our first, two seconds and a bunch of lower picks (who will never make our roster anyway) for Suh or McCoy ((the DT)) or for Eric Berry. Quality over quantity.... Posted by BamaPat

I'll ignore the rest of your ridiculum, but neither Suh nor McCoy were in play.  Neither Detroit nor Tampa would have traded those picks for anything, never mind 22 and assorted flotsam.  McCoy is not a fit for New England anyway.  He fits perfectly the Tampa/Indy/Chicago defense.  I can't even imagine how Belichick could keep a straight face offering 22 to Detroit for 2.  How does that go?  "Will you please pass up a once-in-a-generation talent and move to the bottom third of the first round, please?  We'll even throw in Adalius Thomas?" 

Same thing with KC, the idea is laughable. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

First off I'm TOTALLY in for this kid's fan club!

Second, check this out!  T-Shirt kids at Michigan made...

This quote was with it...

"Hey everyone in lieu of our disappointing season we all can agree that the most enjoyable part of the game is seeing the "Z" thrown up after a less than average drive. Buy a shirt to represent our man Zoltan Mesko." - Eli Rosenbloom

While I don't plan on losing much, I can guarantee our fan base will love throwing up the Z!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

Posted by fitz0527

Absolutely. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

bump

25. This post has been removed.