Atrogant Tebow not worried about being cut...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Atrogant Tebow not worried about being cut...

Even though he posted a record 0 QBR and managed -1 passing yards on 7 passes...

Per ESPN's Mike Reiss: http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=9587655&city=boston&src=desktop&wjb

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- As the No. 3 quarterback on the New England Patriots' depth chart, Tim Tebow's roster spot is far from guaranteed. On Tuesday, he deflected a question about whether he was worried about being out of a job with the NFL's cutdown days around the corner.

"Just worried about improving every single day and having fun out there at practice," he said.

When asked whether a situation like this makes him hungry, Tebow turned jokester.

"No, I eat enough," he said, smiling.

The Patriots have to cut their roster from 90 (they are currently at 84) to 75 by Tuesday and then down to 53 on Aug. 31. New England has carried three quarterbacks on its roster just once in the past four seasons.

Tebow has been less than impressive in his first two preseason games. Against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers the last time out, he was 1-for-7 passing for minus-1 yard.

"You definitely want to do better in some areas, and also you have different things happen that you just try to handle the best way you can," Tebow said.

The funny thing is, NFL scouts just said that this guy isnt even good enough to play in the AFL, before he thinks of playing CFL. I dont know who's more arrogant, Belichick or Tebow.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: Atrogant Tebow not worried about being cut...

I don't think tebow is arrogant. I just think he is toting the line and focused on improving every day which is what bb wants every player to focus on. If he focuses on this and does it, being on the team or not is out of his hands.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

I don't think tebow is arrogant. I just think he is toting the line and focused on improving every day which is what bb wants every player to focus on. If he focuses on this and does it, being on the team or not is out of his hands.

Name one QB who can post a 1-7, -1 yards and an INT and not worry about being cut? Only the arrogant Tim Tebow who thinks he deserves a spot at something he hasn't earned.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Name one QB who can post a 1-7, -1 yards and an INT and not worry about being cut? Only the arrogant Tim Tebow who thinks he deserves a spot at something he hasn't earned.

How do we know that both Tebow and Mallett didn't have orders from BB to lose as many points on the scoreboard as possible?  That's why I look at the practices.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I can name 32, no make that 64 QB's in the NFL who would't worry!! Why the Tebow  hate? He is not arrogant he is as humble as Tom Brady! He has never spoke out saying he should have a spot anywhere! Does the guy have talent? No but thats no reason to hate him you heathen.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

If that's what you took away from that article, you need some reading comprehension classes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I don't think Tebow is arrogant.  He is a pretty humble dude.  I think he is a firm believer that no matter what happens there is a reason for it happening.  So I don't think he is worried about the outcome here.  No matter what, he will continue on God's plan for him.  I think he is confident in himself and knows he is a good, positive, hard working and dedicated person.  He lives by faith.

That's how I vision it from the outside looking in at him.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I don't think Tebow is arrogant.  He is a pretty humble dude.  I think he is a firm believer that no matter what happens there is a reason for it happening.  So I don't think he is worried about the outcome here.  No matter what, he will continue on God's plan for him.  I think he is confident in himself and knows he is a good, positive, hard working and dedicated person.  He lives by faith.

That's how I vision it from the outside looking in at him.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

+1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Tebow responded exactly as to how he should have, just working on getting better.

That being said I still don't think he's a fit here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

What do you expect him to say?

"Oh man, I know, right?  1-7 and -1 yards.  Every time my phone rings, I think, 'Not Belichick, not Belichick!'  Everyone knows I'm on my last leg here in the NFL.  If I get cut, I'm done.  I haven't slept in three weeks."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I had no problems with any of his quotes in the article and believe me I wanted to. I want to not like this guy, but I just can't. I thought he was going to come in here and be a distraction and he hasn't been. I also thought he was going to perform better and he hasn't (I watched at camp one day and I must say his arm is as amateur as your going to find). I watched this guy two years ago do something I didn't think an average player could do...win...throw a team on his back and win. Now I'm starting to think it was just nfl luck - the type of luck that is generated by defensive coordinators being caught off guard, by defenders not being fully prepared for the player or what is going on...I think that kind of luck has run out on Tim.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

Even though he posted a record 0 QBR and managed -1 passing yards on 7 passes...

Per ESPN's Mike Reiss: http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=9587655&city=boston&src=desktop&wjb

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- As the No. 3 quarterback on the New England Patriots' depth chart, Tim Tebow's roster spot is far from guaranteed. On Tuesday, he deflected a question about whether he was worried about being out of a job with the NFL's cutdown days around the corner.

"Just worried about improving every single day and having fun out there at practice," he said.

When asked whether a situation like this makes him hungry, Tebow turned jokester.

"No, I eat enough," he said, smiling.

The Patriots have to cut their roster from 90 (they are currently at 84) to 75 by Tuesday and then down to 53 on Aug. 31. New England has carried three quarterbacks on its roster just once in the past four seasons.

Tebow has been less than impressive in his first two preseason games. Against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers the last time out, he was 1-for-7 passing for minus-1 yard.

"You definitely want to do better in some areas, and also you have different things happen that you just try to handle the best way you can," Tebow said.

The funny thing is, NFL scouts just said that this guy isnt even good enough to play in the AFL, before he thinks of playing CFL. I dont know who's more arrogant, Belichick or Tebow.

The sign says ignore the noise. He's being a Patriot - lighten up Francis!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I had no problems with any of his quotes in the article and believe me I wanted to. I want to not like this guy, but I just can't. I thought he was going to come in here and be a distraction and he hasn't been. I also thought he was going to perform better and he hasn't (I watched at camp one day and I must say his arm is as amateur as your going to find). I watched this guy two years ago do something I didn't think an average player could do...win...throw a team on his back and win. Now I'm starting to think it was just nfl luck - the type of luck that is generated by defensive coordinators being caught off guard, by defenders not being fully prepared for the player or what is going on...I think that kind of luck has run out on Tim.

Very good post mthurl. 

I like the guy, I am cheering for the guy to do well.  I want to see him make it and think the Pats are really the only other team in the NFL, other then the Broncos, that can do something with him and make him better.  I admit, I jumped out of my chair cheering when he beat the Steelers in OT a couple seasons ago.  I loved seeing the Steelers get beat by Tebow!! 

However, after last weeks game, it was a huge blow to him making the team, imo.  After that game vs the Bucs I really hate to see someone better get cut in order to keep tebow.  We shall see how it all plays out.  Not sure he sees much time tomorrow.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Tebow: Forgive me father for I have sinned. I lied to a reporter and told him I wasn't worried about being cut by the Patriots.

Father: Would you leave me alone? I'm trying to read the racing form

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I never thought Tebow was an NFL-calibre QB.  And while I used to hope he would stow away the bible talk I never really thought he was arrogant.  There is something to be said about having guys with good attitudes on your roster, but first they have to add some value to it football-wise.  I just don't see it with TT.    

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Stupid thread tainted by personal bias against a player. I am sure Tebow worries that he will not make the team, based on those two terrible outings he had. He just avoided answering the awkward question. No one see arrogance in his answers or attitude except for someone wanting to invent thing to continue the personal attack.

Living well is the best revenge.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

Stupid thread tainted by personal bias against a player. I am sure Tebow worries that he will not make the team, based on those two terrible outings he had. He just avoided answering the awkward question. No one see arrogance in his answers or attitude except for someone wanting to invent thing to continue the personal attack.

Just say you don't agree.......No reason to say it is a stupid thread....It is not one started by Rusty.....Oh wait.......I sound like a hypocrite!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Rocky

To label Tebow's response to that answer as arrogance, and to make that to be the title of the thread, is stupid.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I wouldn't call it arrogant as NaS pointed out what did you want him to say? He could have been a bit more humble after the horrible performance and criticed his performance harder and pointed out what specific things he wanted to improve on but I wouldn't call it arrogance. Now that being said, he must either be beyond nieve or he must actually be worried. I've seen better CFL players than Tebow. His only chance is to convert to a FB but given he ran a 5 yac against 3rd string D's with 10 blockers infront of him he's going to have to do a lot more an suddenly become an average blocker to beat out the current set of RBs

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

It appears unaminous. Tebow acquitted of being arrogant. 

Now lets get along to the good stuff like the overuse of the shotgun spread!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I dont know who's more arrogant, Belichick or Tebow.

Both pale in comparison to you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Some people just are clutch and don't look that hot unless the situation draws that instinctive fire out of them. I'm not saying TT is a case in point, but it could explain a lot.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Colosoxman. Show Colosoxman's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

Some people just are clutch and don't look that hot unless the situation draws that instinctive fire out of them. I'm not saying TT is a case in point, but it could explain a lot.

[/QUOTE]

Well i know what arrogant means I just dont know what atrogant means which means the author of this thread must be ignorant

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I think Tebow can read the writing on the wall and he's enjoying his last days in the NFL, if we haven't learned anything from the Tim Tebow experiment it's that Tebow will never want for anything, his adoring sheep fans, blinded by faith would willingly send him their money should he decide to go to the Benny Hinn/Jimmy Swaggart/Kirk Cameron route via the Christian network.     He could always get a job calling Gator games or SEC games in a heartbeat, and all this could happen after he goes and crashes and burns in Canada which is years away.   Don't worry about Tim Tebow...    

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

I think Tebow can read the writing on the wall and he's enjoying his last days in the NFL, if we haven't learned anything from the Tim Tebow experiment it's that Tebow will never want for anything, his adoring sheep fans, blinded by faith would willingly send him their money should he decide to go to the Benny Hinn/Jimmy Swaggart/Kirk Cameron route via the Christian network.     He could always get a job calling Gator games or SEC games in a heartbeat, and all this could happen after he goes and crashes and burns in Canada which is years away.   Don't worry about Tim Tebow...    

I'm sure Tim puts his trust in the Lord, so he will be just fine with or without football.