Austin Collie= Clutch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Austin Collie= Clutch

Collie has caught six balls for us this year for 63 yards.

now, i dont know exactly the stats but im almost positive all those catches have been on crucial 3rd or 4th downs.

just pointing out that even though he isnt killing it, he's been there when called upon!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Austin Collie= Clutch

Pats will need all weapons on deck this Sunday!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i'm calling sunday a must win in my book... rival team, playoff atmosphere and we need to win to get a bye

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I wanted him signed early on, and he is a guy you can count on in my view.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

i wonder why he doesn't play more. it seems he is  only in tat desperate time late in the game when they go with four wide outs maybe .

perhaps belichick is saving him for the playoffs because he he is injury prone

does he still run well and all that

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Brady likes him but it seems he only comes in as the closer. Either they want to minimize his touches(concussion issues) or he doesnt know the playbook enough but its good to have 3 guys that Brady trusts who can move the chains(austin, danny, jules) but this offense is really missing a playmaker with size. It was pretty evident last game. People actually thought Flacco was better than Brady cuz he had 2 guys well over 6 ft that he could just chuck it too last year. They even found another undrafted rook in M.Brown who has only missed one game this year and has 6 TDs. Why cant we get production from our rookies like that? They seem to be incapable of playing more than a 4 game stretch...smh

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i'm calling sunday a must win in my book... rival team, playoff atmosphere and we need to win to get a bye

[/QUOTE]

I'd say the "must" win game is the game against Buffalo if the Pats lose at Baltimore.  A likely scenario given most everyone here had penciled this game in as one of the team's losses this season, with the other being the Denver game. One win clinches the division and if not this Sunday, then next Sunday it is.

What makes this game all the more worrisome... we can't consider the Pats a "healthy" team right now as there are still many players dinged up and on the "play or not" bubble.  Conversely, the Ravens are a healthy team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

If the Pats can collapse the pocket on Flacco..they have a chance........defense needs to stand up this week.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady likes him but it seems he only comes in as the closer. Either they want to minimize his touches(concussion issues) or he doesnt know the playbook enough but its good to have 3 guys that Brady trusts who can move the chains(austin, danny, jules) but this offense is really missing a playmaker with size. It was pretty evident last game. People actually thought Flacco was better than Brady cuz he had 2 guys well over 6 ft that he could just chuck it too last year. They even found another undrafted rook in M.Brown who has only missed one game this year and has 6 TDs. Why cant we get production from our rookies like that? They seem to be incapable of playing more than a 4 game stretch...smh

[/QUOTE]

Flacco reminds me of Eli how he just throws it up there and hopes his guy gets it

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastTraveler. Show EastTraveler's posts

Quite don't know the coaches logic is with some players but I can never second guess the master plan...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Adding Austin Collie is the kind of move I love the Pats for. Collie was "given up for dead", but Bill brought him back and he is contributing here at crucial times. If the Pats go forward, they will not be able to hoist any banners without Collie.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Adding Austin Collie is the kind of move I love the Pats for. Collie was "given up for dead", but Bill brought him back and he is contributing here at crucial times. If the Pats go forward, they will not be able to hoist any banners without Collie.

[/QUOTE]

"They will not be able to hoist any banners without Collie" 

ha ha ha ha ha ha

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

I am a huge Collie fan.  

However, this week may not be as suited to him game.  So much of the Pats offense runs inside the numbers and the Ravens crowd that area to force throws outside.   And when you combine Collie's concussion history with the Ravens hard-hitting I'd be very careful with his routes and number of plays.

For the playoffs I would definitely increase his plays.   I greatly prefer a veteran like him over any of the rookies.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

Just imagine if the Pats had signed Collie instead of Amendola.  That money could have been used to sign LaRon Landry at safety.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Footballexpert45's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just imagine if the Pats had signed Collie instead of Amendola.  That money could have been used to sign LaRon Landry at safety.

[/QUOTE]

eh, landry cant cover and just goes for big hits. he's as useless as gregory just tackles a lot better

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Well if the pats want the bye, then by all means this game is a must win. Going to be tough though on the road against a team fighting for a playoff spot themselves. Hopefully Dobson and Thompkins are back to help this offense be a little less predictable. Those two are even more key to the offense now that Gronk is out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

eh, landry cant cover and just goes for big hits. he's as useless as gregory just tackles a lot better

[/QUOTE]

No one can dispute that the Pats defense has been soft.  Landry could have fixed that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No one can dispute that the Pats defense has been soft.  Landry could have fixed that.

[/QUOTE]

very good point. but to me, landry is overpaid and BB tried his luck on a good deal for Adrian Wilson to bring in a hard hitting DB but the guy has nothing left in the tank.
    an ACTUAL Strong safety should be a high priority for BB this offseason

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Could have just kept Ihedigbo.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Flacco reminds me of Eli how he just throws it up there and hopes his guy gets it

[/QUOTE]

In recent years that has been a fairly effective strategy against the Pats.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wanted him signed early on, and he is a guy you can count on in my view.

[/QUOTE]

collie is really good. The other guys suck. Especially that wasted draft pick Edelman...know what I mean?!?!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah! Collie is the pillar of stability we really needed, instead of Amendola and his 52 catches at a 68 % completion rate.