Austin Collie, credit is due.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Austin Collie, credit is due.

Really, in a season with huge ups and downs from WR/TE group, this guy was great.

Two catches are two catches .... but it was his first time off the street, and one was an immense 4th down conversion.

You really have to respect his hands and mental toughness. 

I'm glad to have this kid on the team, and I can't wait to see what else they can do with him. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Re: Austin Collie, credit is due.

We are gonna need him this week as Amendola is likely out

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

Makes me wonder if he has an unbelievable football IQ, and just "got" the playbook immediately, or if stuff was significantly dumbed down for him, just so he could be involved if needed.

Not trying to take away from a clutch performance at all--just wondering how some of the guys that have been there all through camp and pre-season are still having some struggles with being in the right place at the right time, and this guy steps off the street and onto the field, and gets it done.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to Brady2Moss07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We are gonna need him this week as Amendola is likely out

[/QUOTE]

I think NFL rules about concussions and healing time mandate a four week recovery period for Danny Amendola. 

I hope fines go out. It was a cheap, dirty hit that was intended to injure the player. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TheTinMan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Makes me wonder if he has an unbelievable football IQ, and just "got" the playbook immediately, or if stuff was significantly dumbed down for him, just so he could be involved if needed.

Not trying to take away from a clutch performance at all--just wondering how some of the guys that have been there all through camp and pre-season are still having some struggles with being in the right place at the right time, and this guy steps off the street and onto the field, and gets it done.

[/QUOTE]

A couple of things...one, he's a veteran receiver who has NFL production, so he knows what it takes, two, it was reported that he stayed 2 hours late after practice every day last week to get up to speed and asked Brady a million questions last week. It would be nice if Boyce would do the same - it really makes me wonder what is going on with that guy, because he has the talent and he's not injured...he should be out there making those catches for this team right now.

I hope Collie can stay healthy...he's young enough, fast enough, big enough and experienced enough, but we all know he is one hit away from a permant trip to never never land.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

thought it was a great signing. he is a quality reciever. Shannon[SLC] advocated on Mike Reiss Q&A before the season that they sign him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Collie was fantastic for the colts.  Easily better than Garcon in my opionion.  He showed his hands and ability to get open, but I fear for him. 

NE had him in the slot which is where he played for the colts.  Slots take hits.  Collie will take those hits to stay with the team.  I am just worried he turns into a vegetable. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Keep your fingers crossed with him. His own father wishes he would stop playing. I hope he is smart enough to get to the ground before getting whacked, run out of bounds when you have gained all the yards you can, don't get hit if you can avoid it. Yes, he's still going to get hit and if he gets tagged like Amendola did yesterday he is finished in football.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Collie was fantastic for the colts.  Easily better than Garcon in my opionion.  He showed his hands and ability to get open, but I fear for him. 

NE had him in the slot which is where he played for the colts.  Slots take hits.  Collie will take those hits to stay with the team.  I am just worried he turns into a vegetable. 

[/QUOTE]

how many concussions did he get?

[/QUOTE]

Reported 3...but like many NFL players the real number is kept to themselves.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think NFL rules about concussions and healing time mandate a four week recovery period for Danny Amendola. 

I hope fines go out. It was a cheap, dirty hit that was intended to injure the player. 

[/QUOTE]

Dirty hit? He was carrying the ball and lowered his head as well. I can totally understand the rule for not hitting a guy in the head when he's not running full speed, is in mid-air, etc. But when a guy is running the ball and is well aware of where the defenders are, it's his job as well to make a safe play. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Reported 3...but like many NFL players the real number is kept to themselves.

[/QUOTE]

It wasn't just the 3 concussions, but also the severity of them. He really got knocked out cold a couple of times. He is taking a risk by playing, but I'm glad he is here and I hope he stays healthy and productive. No doubt he is a good player.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

But I did like what I saw out of Collie. There's no way that the playbook was dumbed down for one player in the 2 minute drill there. They just hoped that he was up to speed, and it appears that his hard work during the last 10 days weren't wasted. Hope he can stay healthy. Kid is a baller when he is.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    That number may actually be 4, but I'd have to do some research.  IIRC, there were three that were bad and 2 in particular that were so bad some were suggesting that he never play again.  I give the pats and belichick a lot of isht for being coldhearted.  I may be somewhat right, but I believe they may not have taken collie earlier because of their concern that he may get another concussion and didn't want to be a party to that. 

As bad as your receivers are playing along with injury issues, I think they had to take collie.  If his talent level is anywhere near where it was for the colts, he will be very good.  Again, its just the concussion question. 

Admittedly, I worry also about his wife and kids.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    That number may actually be 4, but I'd have to do some research.  IIRC, there were three that were bad and 2 in particular that were so bad some were suggesting that he never play again.  I give the pats and belichick a lot of isht for being coldhearted.  I may be somewhat right, but I believe they may not have taken collie earlier because of their concern that he may get another concussion and didn't want to be a party to that. 

As bad as your receivers are playing along with injury issues, I think they had to take collie.  If his talent level is anywhere near where it was for the colts, he will be very good.  Again, its just the concussion question. 

[/QUOTE]

But I will also root for him to stay healthy and root for him to do well.  I liked him as a player very much. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dirty hit? He was carrying the ball and lowered his head as well. I can totally understand the rule for not hitting a guy in the head when he's not running full speed, is in mid-air, etc. But when a guy is running the ball and is well aware of where the defenders are, it's his job as well to make a safe play. 

[/QUOTE]

You are correct, as much as I want Danny A to be a stud for this team, he just isn't, he just won't be and no way can we sit here and cry about a dirty hit.  Please, someone explain why this was a dirty hit?  He was carrying the ball and put his head down.  The hypocrisy here is crazy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Its becoming a defenseless league.  All an offensive player needs to do is lower his pad level and a defender coming at the chest area ends up hitting the offensive player in the helmet. 

The defender could go low and risk injuring the offensive players knees. 

The only option it to hit an offensive player in his midsection which is his center of gravity and offers the least amount of opportunity to make a successful tackle. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

4 weeks.  Hopefully, Collie will hold the fort down for a little while.  I think I read somewhere he was spending extra time with Brady. Hopefully, that work ethic will continue.

[/QUOTE]We need him, DA will be out and JE's body will not hold up much longer.Did you see him hurting at the end of the game?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I hear ya.  It can be a brutal sport.  The head injuries are real. I don't think anyone wishes a traumatic brain injury (permanent or not) on anyone.  Amendola, thru no fault of his own is going to be out for a while. It's good that Collie is here - and hopefully, he can avoid any more head shots because it's not going to be easy going thru what athletes like Ali or Seau have gone thru or are going thru.

[/QUOTE]

Well, and that's the thing.  Some people just seem to be concussion prone.  Collie, I think, is one of those.  I don't know if Amendola is, but I hate to see guys knocked out.  Collie's been out cold at least twice.