Available Veteran LB,s Who Would You Like To See Land Here?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Available Veteran LB,s Who Would You Like To See Land Here?

there are still many good names out there in the free-agency.sure some guys are older,but that dosent stop BB from signing them.which guy out there would help the team,and the young guys?to me the lunch pail guys like Big willie,or Derrick Brooks,and Jason taylor are the best molds.they work hard,and give 100-percent in practice,and on the feild.what better group of guys to teach the pats young players at the LB spot.

http://nwe.scout.com/a.z?s=121&p=2&c=864666

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: Available Veteran LB,s Who Would You Like To See Land Here?

I kinda Haggans, but he played a 4-3 with the Cards. The names you mentioned MossEffect would also be on my short-list.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]I kinda Haggans, but he played a 4-3 with the Cards. The names you mentioned MossEffect would also be on my short-list.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE] hey john-im sure the pats are not done yet.its gonna be let the best men win in training camp.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4141473&name=clayton_john&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fespn%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d4141473%26name%3dclayton_john

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Colvin.  He's had two years to recover from his injury.  Put him through training camp and he's good to go.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I like colvin.never had anything against him.when he is healthy he is good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i liked colvin too, but he is beyond finished and i think there is no chance he plays again. besides he's not an ILB. i think that if there is a veteran released before the season that bill has some familiarity with he might sign him, but not anybody thats out there now. i think if nobody good becomes available then tank williams joins the ILB rotation and we just hope guyton takes a big step in year two (which i believe he will). 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Let's hope Guyton takes the next big step. Forget the Vets and go after Spikes (trade up) if Guyton does not work out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jc686. Show jc686's posts

BB will do what is required.  End of story.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]i liked colvin too, but he is beyond finished and i think there is no chance he plays again. besides he's not an ILB. i think that if there is a veteran released before the season that bill has some familiarity with he might sign him, but not anybody thats out there now. i think if nobody good becomes available then tank williams joins the ILB rotation and we just hope guyton takes a big step in year two (which i believe he will). 
    Posted by artielang[/QUOTE] its not the inside we need.if anything AD- thomas can slide to the ILB spot if needed.its the insurance at the OLB we need.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]its not the inside we need.if anything AD- thomas can slide to the ILB spot if needed.its the insurance at the OLB we need.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

So moving the only established OLB inside makes that problem better how?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i thought this thread was about replacing mckenzie in the ILB rotation. the OLB pass rusher situation is well documented and has been discussed over and over on here. this does create a huge opportunity for appleby though. hopefully he can follow in guyton's footsteps and be a nice surprise as an undrafted rookie.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Haggans could be a nice pickup, experienced and has been consistent showing the can rush the QB.  He has good size to be an OLB option.  Not a dominant LB but a solid one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

[QUOTE]So moving the only established OLB inside makes that problem better how?
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Z if Thomas moves inside, Woods/Crable/Banta Cain are adequate at OLB.  But if Thomas stays outside, are Bruschi and Guyton adequate at ILB?  A few years ago we had to move Vrabel inside and put TBC outside and we did ok - held the Chargers to 21 points in the divisional round, and they had a supercharged offense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zoidrk. Show zoidrk's posts

Do all you guys live in your parent's basement and have Pamela Anderson posters everywhere? Why are you always fantasizing about 'other players'? Hasn't Bill B. earned any respect? If he is comfortable with our other young LB's in addition to Mayo, then let's "play the cards that are dealt".
    I remember all the Sox posters being consumed for years with replacing Youk because they saw him strictly as a platoon player. And now he is the best hitter in the AL. Guys do develop you know. Chill out and be a fan instead of an obsessed fantasy expert.
    If Guyton and Crable and Woods and Redd don't look like they are making the jump in training camp, I am sure the Pats will work the wire and get someone solid. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]there are still many good names out there in the free-agency.sure some guys are older,but that dosent stop BB from signing them.which guy out there would help the team,and the young guys?to me the lunch pail guys like Big willie,or Derrick Brooks,and Jason taylor are the best molds.they work hard,and give 100-percent in practice,and on the feild.what better group of guys to teach the pats young players at the LB spot. http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/fa?positionId=30&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2ffa%3fpositionId%3d30

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

Mike Vrabel

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Bob-  No he is going to be traded to Jets....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]So moving the only established OLB inside makes that problem better how?
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]
    he is getting slower,but still solid,and putting some talented quicker players on the outside.you have a set-up for a nice pass rush,but if the players are not experiance enough,or good enough.then you need solid veterans just to keep the defense honest.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

If I were BB which I'm not and which is probably a good thing, I would pick up Rosie Colvin, if for nothing more than a stop gap, to last a little while, while everyone else develops more. Crable has played in Zero actually NFL games, now don't get me wrong I like the kid, but he doesn't have experiance, and TBC, just no, he can rush the passer but I dont like him as an every down player. Redd, has the same problem as Crable, and i like him just as much. So in closing don't count anything out, its BB after all.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]there are still many good names out there in the free-agency.sure some guys are older,but that dosent stop BB from signing them.which guy out there would help the team,and the young guys?to me the lunch pail guys like Big willie,or Derrick Brooks,and Jason taylor are the best molds.they work hard,and give 100-percent in practice,and on the feild.what better group of guys to teach the pats young players at the LB spot. http://nwe.scout.com/a.z?s=121&p=2&c=864666

From this list, the only one that seems to make sense would be ILB Napolean Harris. At 6'3", 253lbs., he has the prerequisite size to play within the Patriots' system.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]     From this list, the only one that seems to make sense would be ILB Napolean Harris. At 6'3", 253lbs., he has the prerequisite size to play within the Patriots' system.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

He would be one of the few FA vets I'd look at, but more of an injury replacement option rather than someone to immediately make the team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]He would be one of the few FA vets I'd look at, but more of an injury replacement option rather than someone to immediately make the team.
    Posted by KyleCleric2[/QUOTE]

The Steelers recently had him in for a visit.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Colvin would be the obvious choice, but not the best choice.  The Pats might just have to wait and see what opens up in the market.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Toss2Moss. Show Toss2Moss's posts

I still think this is the guy.  He's a younger Tedy B.  Perfect for the ILB position.  My only concern is his size.  He could be a little bigger.

ST. LOUIS (AP) - The St. Louis Rams have released veteran linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa, the team's leading tackler last season.

Coach Steve Spagnuolo made the surprise announcement in a statement released on Friday, calling it a "difficult decision based on a lot of factors." He did not elaborate and the Rams did not return messages seeking comment.

Tinoisamoa is a six-year veteran who led the team with 135 tackles in 2008. He was a second-round draft choice, the 43rd overall selection in the 2002 draft. That season, he had 121 tackles to lead the team.

http://www.nfl.com/players/pisatinoisamoa/profile?id=TIN225467

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I would like to see nobody land here. I would like to see someone that the best defensive mind in the NFL has seen mature on his team, step up and do well. That is what I would like to see.