Aynone want to talk about Mayo's play last night?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Aynone want to talk about Mayo's play last night?

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Forget about Mayo... Where has Chandler Jones gone? Is he still more injured than the team is letting on? No sacks, no tackles-for-loss, five total tackles in his last four games. 

[/QUOTE]

U can always make a C.Jones thread and rank on the rookie who doesnt get paid that many millions a year but this thread was created because if you werent here, Mayo was inducted in the Football Hall of Fame last week and this thread is just perspective and in T-cals defense, the O.P. just asks if anyone wants to discuss. No one blamed him for anything, but when Mayo can cover Hernandez one on one, then I will consider him worthy of max money

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Forget about Mayo... Where has Chandler Jones gone? Is he still more injured than the team is letting on? No sacks, no tackles-for-loss, five total tackles in his last four games. 

[/QUOTE]

U can always make a C.Jones thread and rank on the rookie who doesnt get paid that many millions a year but this thread was created because if you werent here, Mayo was inducted in the Football Hall of Fame last week and this thread is just perspective and in T-cals defense, the O.P. just asks if anyone wants to discuss. No one blamed him for anything, but when Mayo can cover Hernandez one on one, then I will consider him worthy of max money

[/QUOTE]

I think Mayo played decently. He did lead the team in tackles which ultimately is what he is paid to do. I do not think he is one of the best LBs in the NFL (probably not even top 10), but he is still the best the Patriots have. 

Hightower and Spikes make highlight film plays, but are not seen at all for most of the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

This is an argument about turnovers -- some forced, some unfortunate -- and a 49ers D that did well  to give the SF O good field position and a chance to play from a comfortable lead.  The niners needed every point once the Pats O got on track after the half.  

Look at it this way.  Tha Pats stormed back in a big way despite playing an awful half.  They showed something, even if they didn't get the win.  It just wasn't their night. 

Now where does Mayo fit in?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think Mayo played decently. He did lead the team in tackles which ultimately is what he is paid to do. I do not think he is one of the best LBs in the NFL (probably not even top 10), but he is still the best the Patriots have. 

Hightower and Spikes make highlight film plays, but are not seen at all for most of the game.

[/QUOTE]

This is all T-cal was saying and got lambasted for it last week. Atleast you can acknowledge he can improve. For the Record, Spikes didnt have a good game either and not sure if it was because of the matchups or what, but he wasnt at the line like he usually his intimitading the offensive line so he was mainly ineffective in trying to cover out there and that hurt our run defense IMO...just a bad start by most units and credit the team for hanging in there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'd describe Mayo's play like so...they were asking the hot dog vendor if he would like to block Mayo because they didn't want the guy to feel left out (everyone else in the stadium blocked him).

You name it, this guy got blocked. Tight end? Yup. Right tackle? Sure. Guard? Backs? Everytime this guy lined up on the outside I cringed. For God's sake he even tackled the wrong guy in the third instead of the running back...just tackled him (it was their 6'5" quarterback!!!). How do you get faked on that?? The guy is 6'5"! Yeah he tried to make it look like he was running with the ball, but the ball carrier had the ball...not the QB. This was not a taking on a block type of situation either.

I know I'm in the minority here on this guy and everyone had me convinced he is a very very good/special player....then I watch him in the biggest game of the year last night...wow. I wish he didn't play like that. The ball gets snapped and he is the last guy moving...the last. If he doesn't have big Vince in front of him he gets washed. If he's in coverage he is lost. Sorry. The guy didn't even need to clean his uniform after last night's game.

Is he a poor player? No, but he needs to be better than that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He is probably still not a 100% and we need him to be...he has been invisible the last two games. That needs to change big time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Comments.

[/QUOTE]

HE LED THE TEAM IN TACKLES......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I Agree.  I was thinking the same thing during the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That about sums it up TripleOG.  I'm sure you noticed, like me and the 1000's of people who read these threads that my original post was completely twisted and lead in an entirely different direction.

As you point out so well,  I didn't blame Mayo for anything, I just want the 5 or 6 posters who made it a point to rip me last week (even starting threads about Exposing me) to comment on his play this week.

Heck they were fitting him for a Yellow Jacket a week ago yet he basically had the same stat line with zero sacks and zero forced fumbles this past week.  There's a lot of room for improvement in his game and no one is going to tell me otherwise till I see it for myself on a consistant basis. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Rusty wants to blame Brady for RBs fumbling but failed to realize that he played in the same conditions as Colin who fumbled the snap, countless times and we never capitalized but in contrast Brady didnt have a fumble all game while handling the ball much more. Only Rusty I tell you.

So u keep talking about turnovers that were the fault of Ridley and Vareen but fail to mention or give credit to Woody for sparking the comeback because he is your whipping boy?! Sounds about right. Boy I sure am smart for a high school drop out and you havent made any valid points yet today. All you do is make shyt up and then have the nerve to boast a self proclaimed High I.Q.....lol. If weve learned anything this past w/e, its that those with mental Ilness usually have high I.Q.s but no common sense. DO you really want to keep boasting that I.Q. now?

[/QUOTE]

brady played a MONSTER 2nd half.....but unfortunately he did come up small when they had a chance to win.....a big part of that is on the o-line though.

[/QUOTE]

How the heck did he come up small when they had the chance to win? They scored 31 points in the second half including big conversions with no time outs left to give themselves the oppurtunity to kick an on side kick that mattered. Like the whole team he wasn't very good in the first half but he was awesome in the second half.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to isurfvb24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Comments.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ERRONEOUS. ERRONEOUS on all accounts. What does tackling have to with being a good LB? Mayo suks, and so does Welker, Ridley,Vareen, the entire offensive line, the entire secondary, spikes, and Nink.....actually Brady is the only good player we have and wait for it......he suks too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What was wrong with it?

Gore had 21 carries and 83 yards. I'd day it was good. Not sure how many tackles he had.  Also, Vernon Davis was pretty much taken out of the game.

Imagine if Brady didn't force two balls for 2 INTs?

[/QUOTE]

Rocky, 

What the H--- were you watching. The second interception was nothing Brady forced. He through the ball to Hernandez who juggled the ball once of many times last night and he popped it right into the SF defenders arms. Blame Hern for that one, not TB. 

Hetch

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Comments.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ERRONEOUS. ERRONEOUS on all accounts. What does tackling have to with being a good LB? Mayo suks, and so does Welker, Ridley,Vareen, the entire offensive line, the entire secondary, spikes, and Nink.....actually Brady is the only good player we have and wait for it......he suks too.

[/QUOTE]

TROLL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

Like I said last week. Good Player but not worth all the money. When it comes downs to it, he doesnt play great every week and thats fine, but he was paid like an All Pro Impact Backer and last night, 2 plays said it all.

Both screen plays. When we ran one, we had 2 blockers out in front and Pat Willis shed the block and stopped the play. When they ran a screen, they had one blocker who basically chipped Mayo and he was effectively out the play. THIS is what I meant when I said, Mayo is good but would be like the 4th best backer on the 9ers team alone so its silly to say he is close the Best in the league. He is a good linebacker on a relatively average to below average defense. That it!  I still like em, and we need him, but he never shows up when we really need him....ex. Playoff games or Physical Offenses..

[/QUOTE]

"Like I said last week. Good Player but not worth all the money."

my sentiments since we got him triple

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Rodimus77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Also , Arrington S*cked last night. He watched as the Fake punt unfolded right before his eyes. COuld have tackled the guy short ,but was lost still looking at the Punter even though the ball carrier crossed his face!??!  smh and then he makes a half *ss attempt at a tackle in a crucial moment on a Cover Zero Blitz, knowing that he has no help behind him, he HAS to make that tackle and he barely touched him. Arrington is a good tackler, but he was off his game. Maybe from getting dinged up last week but he needs to sit his *ss down somewhere when the playoffs start or im gonna need a new t.v.

[/QUOTE]

I saw that on the replay and it took a lot of restraint from me to keep myself from chucking my remote either across the room or at the T.V itself in hopes that I would somehow hit Arrington. This dude is a complete joke. He s*cks. Period. What s*cks even more is that we are stuck with him for the remainder of this year. There is no way he should be brought back next year. Experiment is over, get rid of this clown. 

[/QUOTE]

ive been sayign that for 2 year here to deaf ears. its a little late now. he should have been replaced a year ago. bbs assessment of his corners not so good. finnaly a repieve this year making mccourty a safety and getting talib. shoulda been done long ago. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from In_BB_We_Trust. Show In_BB_We_Trust's posts

im saying bring back wilhite

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to In_BB_We_Trust's comment:
    [QUOTE]

im saying bring back wilhite

[/QUOTE]

good one

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Comments.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

TROLL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]Yeah, look up sarcasm in the dictionary.....unless you too were being sarcastic......what an enigma!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So here we are again looking to blame the defense but ignoring the 4 turnovers and the 2 for 13 third down efficiency?

[/QUOTE]

Hey Rusty how are things.  You are def. gonna need two accounts to make a point on this one.. You have already gone on record stating 2 things that were completey false and surprise , surprise, here comes Rusty II to Co-Sign!  lol

[/QUOTE]

Do you realize how crazy you like (like our trolls) thinking Evil/Glen R and myself are the same person?

Do you?

[/QUOTE]

C'mon junior, we all know you're him. It would be mathematically impossible for two distinct persons who are that stupid to exist in the same universe.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I still don't get the singling out of Mayo.  There are plenty of fingers to be pointed at the Pats for that loss.  Maybe include Mayo, yes, but singling him out is pretty ridiculous, sorry. 

[/QUOTE]

I think its because he is the leader of our backing core and making  lots of millions and besides that, T-cal brought it up, because everyone said he was ALL PRO last week and best in the league...so this is like the benny thread. It has alterior meaning.

[/QUOTE]

Or "corps".   Please get to a college, Shizzly.

Tom Brady makes millions is the leader of the offense and our best player. He had two INTs in the first half yesterday where the clear decision should have been to throw the ball away or go somewhere else based on how the coverage looked.

Ball game.

[/QUOTE]

Yoo hoo, Rock Scull....

You, and your fake accounts are the only ones who would be so dense as tto even think the throw to alligator arms was Brady's fault. Saying that pass was his fault is SO stupid even your fake accounts might disagree with you on it!

Quick, somebody take all sharp objects away from this guy. Do something constructive junior and ask mommy to child proof the outlets or something. Let the men talk football. Because, this game is clearly WAY over your head.

[/QUOTE]

That was hilarious.... Sorry Russ, but funny stuff right der.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

[QUOTE]

Like I said last week. Good Player but not worth all the money. When it comes downs to it, he doesnt play great every week and thats fine, but he was paid like an All Pro Impact Backer and last night, 2 plays said it all.

Both screen plays. When we ran one, we had 2 blockers out in front and Pat Willis shed the block and stopped the play. When they ran a screen, they had one blocker who basically chipped Mayo and he was effectively out the play. THIS is what I meant when I said, Mayo is good but would be like the 4th best backer on the 9ers team alone so its silly to say he is close the Best in the league. He is a good linebacker on a relatively average to below average defense. That it!  I still like em, and we need him, but he never shows up when we really need him....ex. Playoff games or Physical Offenses..

[/QUOTE]

Agree. Against quality he isn't a game changing play making Linebacker like Willis or Mathews. He is a good solid linebacker.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

also,someone mentioned V.Davis being effectively taken out the game but it wasnt Mayo on him, it was mostly Spikes with  a little help from Gregory at times so credit Spikes for much improved pass coverage. The trade off was Mayo being the Run Force and he failed. Like someone said. Go back and watch the replays. Yea he may led the team in tackles but how many were IMPACT or behind the line?  Im not impressd with tackles 8 yards down the field on RBs..that means you were blocked

I dont know if this was one of the things BB was referring to when saying they needed to coach better but I would have had Mayo on Davis and keep Spikes as the run stopper but they did use James a lot who is a speed back and maybe they didnt want spiked exposed on the edges and in the passing game out the backfield but either way, the S.F. offense motions a lot creating those mismatches too. It is what it is. We saw a lot and wil be ready if we play again.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to Jets' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey gang! Mind if I chime in?

Mayo is a very good LB not a great LB on a very bad defense. You'll notice that I have tempered my Spygate Curse comments.

You also may be asking yourself-'Why would Leon do that"? Simple really . With the pats defense there is no way that they are maiking it to the SB this year.

Great defenses win Champoinships Offense scores points. The pats don't have great defense.

[/QUOTE]

yea just like they had no chance to make the super bowl with that defense right? you're a joke.