Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans

In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans:
    [QUOTE]This poll might as well be; Yes = I don't guzzle the Hoodie kool-aide. No = I'm a Hoodie Zombie. No, he's absolutely crazy and irrational = I have 2 brain cells and no facts to add so I'll call people smarter than me a troll.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

You and your idiotic Kool-Aide references are so lame.

If I was a staunch supporter of a coach whose team went 9-7 every year, you might have a point there. But I do not support Belichick because he is the coach of the Patriots, I support BB because he delivers RESULTS!

In a league where only 3 or 4 coaches can field a playoff contending team for a decade in a row, we have been blessed to have one of those coaches. The most sucessful coach in his era by any measure: Percentage of games won, playoff games won, Super Bowls entered and Super Bowls won. Looking at the full body of work, no other current NFL coach comes close.

In his most colossal ignorance, BabeParilli calls it a "fail" if a team doesn't win the Super Bowl every year. By his own definition, every team in the league must be considered a failure; still, among these 32 failures, even Babe must designate New England the most successful team, since the Pats are the last to win the Lombardi back-to-back.

He'll trot out his lame, tired argument that it's all Brady...as if the other 52 guys on the roster don't matter, as if defense and special teams aren't important, as if the offense's overall timing and teamwork cultivated by long hours of film study and coaching have no value whatsoever. Hell, why not just send Tom out there by himself and knock $90 million off the salary cap?

I understand that having the league's best QB has helped Belichick's success, but BB must be given some credit for developing a 6th round pick that no one in the league saw as a top QB out of college. And there is no way to discount the '09 season under Cassel, though Babe tries to write it off as a "weak schedule."

Anyone sane person who has been around the NFL will tell you that there are no easy victories; that every single one is hard fought and well deserved. There are teams that have "easy" schedules that go 11-5, and there are teams that have "easy" schedules that go 5-11. But to go 11-5 in the NFL behind a QB who has never taken a snap since HIGH SCHOOL...are you kidding me? I don't care if your schedule was the bottom 16 teams in the league; that is a PHENOMENAL coaching effort.

Babe's latest bugaboo is Belichick's draft record and strategy in rebuilding the team; TexasPat has responded to this clarion call, pontificating, "Heads must roll!"

Really?

Here's my challenge to such folly: "Prove your point! Do your homework and show me a list of teams that have drafted MUCH BETTER than the Pats over, say, the past half-decade." Oh, and after you have finished preparing that list...show me the WON-LOSS records of those teams versus the Pats'. I await the results of their research with baited breath.

It was interesting to hear Belichick's comments about Meriweather today. He said (paraphrasing), "Meriweather played a lot of good football for us...but this is the 2011 team, not the 2009 team." I have no reason to assume BB was lying, because more than any coach in history, Belichick has no problem saying nothing at all. He never said, for example, "Adalius Thomas played a lot of good football for us."

So, looking into these words, one might hear BB thinking, "Pehaps the league is evolving. Perhaps I can't get the 3-4 talent I used to get because of competition with the rising number of 3-4 teams. Perhaps I'll move away from a contain front line with a ball-hawking back end that led the league in INTs last year, to a more aggressive front line with a more contain back end. Perhaps the aggressive Brandon Meriweather, who has played a lot of good football for me, doesn't fit as well in this philosophy of disciplined secondary play."

If the head coach sees or feels that the league is changing, does he not have the right to adjust his personnel accordingly? To cast off even high draft picks or big-name free agents if he can find better talent to support new direction?

If fans are not in on those strategic discussions, we have no basis for commenting on BB's success or failure at human resources. In the end, the only way we can judge our head coach is by his won-loss record.

Babe likes to call that drinking Kool-Aide.

The rest of the world calls it, "Just the facts, ma'am."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I agree 100% NY Pat.  There is such thing as context, and it's esy to look at Butler getting cut and Meriweather getting cut and saying "wasted draft" or "bust", but then you consider that the Pats are competitive every year.  Even despite some poor picks.  It's not so easy as saying bad drafts have killed this team, because they've been very competitive.  If "failing" isn't winning the SB every year, that's setting the bar very high.  I get that the Pats need some playoff success to prove that they still have it.   LEt's see what BB can do this year after compiling talent. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : You and your idiotic Kool-Aide references are so lame. If I was a staunch supporter of a coach whose team went 9-7 every year, you might have a point there. But I do not support Belichick because he is the coach of the Patriots, I support BB because he delivers RESULTS! In a league where only 3 or 4 coaches can field a playoff contending team for a decade in a row, we have been blessed to have one of those coaches. The most sucessful coach in his era by any measure: Percentage of games won, playoff games won, Super Bowls entered and Super Bowls won. Looking at the full body of work, no other current NFL coach comes close. In his most colossal ignorance, BabeParilli calls it a "fail" if a team doesn't win the Super Bowl every year. By his own definition, every team in the league must be considered a failure; still, among these 32 failures, even Babe must designate New England the most successful team, since the Pats are the last to win the Lombardi back-to-back . He'll trot out his lame, tired argument that it's all Brady...as if the other 52 guys on the roster don't matter, as if defense and special teams aren't important, as if the offense's overall timing and teamwork cultivated by long hours of film study and coaching have no value whatsoever. Hell, why not just send Tom out there by himself and knock $90 million off the salary cap? I understand that having the league's best QB has helped Belichick's success, but BB must be given some credit for developing a 6th round pick that no one in the league saw as a top QB out of college. And there is no way to discount the '09 season under Cassel, though Babe tries to write it off as a "weak schedule." Anyone sane person who has been around the NFL will tell you that there are no easy victories; that every single one is hard fought and well deserved. There are teams that have "easy" schedules that go 11-5, and there are teams that have "easy" schedules that go 5-11. But to go 11-5 in the NFL behind a QB who has never taken a snap since HIGH SCHOOL ...are you kidding me? I don't care if your schedule was the bottom 16 teams in the league; that is a PHENOMENAL coaching effort. Babe's latest bugaboo is Belichick's draft record and strategy in rebuilding the team; TexasPat has responded to this clarion call, pontificating, "Heads must roll!" Really? Here's my challenge to such folly: " Prove your point! Do your homework and show me a list of teams that have drafted MUCH BETTER than the Pats over, say, the past half-decade ." Oh, and after you have finished preparing that list ... show me the WON-LOSS records of those teams versus the Pats' . I await the results of their research with baited breath. It was interesting to hear Belichick's comments about Meriweather today. He said (paraphrasing), " Meriweather played a lot of good football for us...but this is the 2011 team, not the 2009 team ." I have no reason to assume BB was lying, because more than any coach in history, Belichick has no problem saying nothing at all . He never said, for example, " Adalius Thomas played a lot of good football for us ." So, looking into these words, one might hear BB thinking, " Pehaps the league is evolving. Perhaps I can't get the 3-4 talent I used to get because of competition with the rising number of 3-4 teams. Perhaps I'll move away from a contain front line with a ball-hawking back end that led the league in INTs last year, to a more aggressive front line with a more contain back end. Perhaps the aggressive Brandon Meriweather, who has played a lot of good football for me , doesn't fit as well in this philosophy of disciplined secondary play. " If the head coach sees or feels that the league is changing, does he not have the right to adjust his personnel accordingly? To cast off even high draft picks or big-name free agents if he can find better talent to support new direction? If fans are not in on those strategic discussions, we have no basis for commenting on BB's success or failure at human resources. In the end, the only way we can judge our head coach is by his won-loss record. Babe likes to call that drinking Kool-Aide. The rest of the world calls it, "Just the facts, ma'am."
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

Touche sais Babe, but for real this is a nice, well thought out post, but my only beef is I think he is a couple years late with these changes and 2 of the past 4 years we have squandered golden oppty's  by not playing fundamental football when it counts and sadly this has nothing to do with drafting but more to do with coaching wich we all would agree he is the best at.  I think he asks too much of some players who cant quantasize all these assignments and makes them innefective, but as long as this change results in a chip this year, All is Forgiven. I just want ONE more, I swear..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : Touche sais Babe, but for real this is a nice, well thought out post, but my only beef is I think he is a couple years late with these changes and 2 of the past 4 years we have squandered golden oppty's  by not playing fundamental football when it counts and sadly this has nothing to do with drafting but more to do with coaching wich we all would agree he is the best at.  I think he asks too much of some players who cant quantasize all these assignments and makes them innefective, but as long as this change results in a chip this year, All is Forgiven. I just want ONE more, I swear..
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

I've read you talk about "Belichick asking too much from his players" and I disagree with that. To put together this many winning seasons in his career, clearly Belichick knows what it's going to take. To have sustained success in the new NFL (salary cap, free agency, etc.) you have to have versatile players that can play multiple positions and do more than one thing when called upon. Obviously, not everyone can fit that bill because I doubt we'll see Brady be a long-snapper. That's why Belichick and Kraft mastered today's NFL: economics. Spread the wealth around, build good depth, and have players that can do more than one thing when called upon. The Patriots program is all about excellence, perfection, execution, and precision. In any field, not just football, that requires you to put in a LOT more than your competition. Just look at the top stockbrokers, the top architects, the top doctors, anyone. He places those demands onto his players because that's what it's going to take to win consistently. Having 35-40 years of NFL experience, I wouldn't dare question that. The greatest thing about Belichick, when it comes to his players, is that he'll never/rarely put someone in position to do something they're not capable of doing. That's what players love about him. He sets clear expectations, gives you a role, sets clear boundaries, and lets you dictate how far you get in the program. It's all in the hands of the players. So when you have three CBs on your roster and you have to cut one of them, yes, he sides with the guy that's mentally and physically capable of playing special teams. I don't think having to play special teams necessarily hinders the CB while he's in coverage. You just have high demands placed on you because that's what it's going to take to win Super Bowls.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : Touche sais Babe, but for real this is a nice, well thought out post, but my only beef is I think he is a couple years late with these changes and 2 of the past 4 years we have squandered golden oppty's  by not playing fundamental football when it counts and sadly this has nothing to do with drafting but more to do with coaching wich we all would agree he is the best at.  I think he asks too much of some players who cant quantasize all these assignments and makes them innefective, but as long as this change results in a chip this year, All is Forgiven. I just want ONE more, I swear..
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Could be, Jay. Or could be rebuilding and lacking the full complement of pieces. Either way, it has been a great run, even with the playoff disappointments.

It's amazing to see a HC with 35+ years in football still adapting to the changing game, where most long-tenured coaches get stale; even young ones like Jeff Fisher. And not just adapting, but pushing the evolution. Aaron Hernandez will line up in all sorts of crazy formations this year; if successful, many teams will attempt to utilize a versatile H-back in a similar way in the future.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : I've read you talk about "Belichick asking too much from his players" and I disagree with that. To put together this many winning seasons in his career, clearly Belichick knows what it's going to take. To have sustained success in the new NFL (salary cap, free agency, etc.) you have to have versatile players that can play multiple positions and do more than one thing when called upon. Obviously, not everyone can fit that bill because I doubt we'll see Brady be a long-snapper. That's why Belichick and Kraft mastered today's NFL: economics. Spread the wealth around, build good depth, and have players that can do more than one thing when called upon. The Patriots program is all about excellence, perfection, execution, and precision. In any field, not just football, that requires you to put in a LOT more than your competition. Just look at the top stockbrokers, the top architects, the top doctors, anyone. He places those demands onto his players because that's what it's going to take to win consistently. Having 35-40 years of NFL experience, I wouldn't dare question that. The greatest thing about Belichick, when it comes to his players, is that he'll never/rarely put someone in position to do something they're not capable of doing. That's what players love about him. He sets clear expectations, gives you a role, sets clear boundaries, and lets you dictate how far you get in the program. It's all in the hands of the players. So when you have three CBs on your roster and you have to cut one of them, yes, he sides with the guy that's mentally and physically capable of playing special teams. I don't think having to play special teams necessarily hinders the CB while he's in coverage. You just have high demands placed on you because that's what it's going to take to win Super Bowls.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

I agree he doesnt ask players to do things they cant, in terms of veterans, but I think you misundertood my point. I dont mean a Cb playing s/t and starting...im talking about having a complex defense that not a lot of players can grasp thus forcing you to play vanilla in your 3-4 schemes and  watch mediocre qb's  slice us up.  The fact is guys like T.Brown, Ty Law, McGinest, Seymour..etc dont come around often and THOSE were the players that allowed him to say this week we are gonna go no lineman, etc..   Now these players arent allowing him to do that and in that sense I agree partially that this change was not desperate but merely based on the lack of success of so many guys trying to replace Willie, most recently J.Cunningham, he has decided to go w/ a traditonial, easier defense to acclimate players to in this 4 man attacking front.I havent seen him grab one traditional 4-3 end since he's been coach here so clearly he is conceding his way not working w/some guys and all Im saying is I wish he done it earlier maybe we win another playoff game or two and the game management in sb 42 offensively was the worst gameplan at the worst time of the year. Other than that, I love Billy B and want noone else, but doesnt mean I cant point out things I disagree with

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

So he brought some vets to augment the roster, one where there are pretty good players at multiple positions.  What's the big deal, and how is that a bad thing?!?     
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

To support your position, as the roster now stands including just-acquired A.J. Edds, I count 19 new faces from last year's team, which number includes rookies and acquisitions.  That's 35%.

(Newbies in blue)

3 Stephen Goskowski K

8 Brian Hoyer QB

11 Julian Edelman WR

12 Tom Brady QB

14 Zoltan Mesko P

Ryan Mallett QB17 Taylor Price WR

18 Matthew Slater WR

22 Stevan Ridley RB34

Shane Vereen RB

39 Danny Woodhead RB

42 BJ Green-Ellis RB

48 Danny Aiken LS54 Brian Waters G

62 Ryan Wendell G

63 Dan Connolly G

67 Dan Koppen C

70 Logan Mankins G

72 Matt Light T

76 Sebastion Vollmer T

Nate Solder T

81 Aaron Hernandez TE

83 Wes Welker WR

84 Deion Branch WR

Chad Ochocinco WR

87 Rob Gronkowski TE

Ras-I Dowling CB

23 Leigh Bodden CB

24 Kyle Arrington CB

25 Patrick Chung S

Antwaun Molden CB30 Josh Barrett S

31 Sergio Brown S

32 Devin McCourty CB

James Ihedigbo S

50 Rob Ninkovich LB

51 Jerod Mayo LB

52 Dane Fletcher LB

Jeff Tarpinian LB

55 Brandon Spikes LB

58 Tracy White LB

59 Gary Guyton LB

74 Kyle Love DT

75 Vince Wilfork T

91 Myron Pryor T

Albert Haynesworth DT

93 Andre Carter DE94

Shaun Ellis DE95 Mark Anderson DE

96 Jermaine Cunningham DE

98 Gerrard Warren DT

99 Mike Wright T

A.J. Edds LB

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I agree 100% NY Pat.  There is such thing as context, and it's esy to look at Butler getting cut and Meriweather getting cut and saying "wasted draft" or "bust", but then you consider that the Pats are competitive every year.  Even despite some poor picks.  It's not so easy as saying bad drafts have killed this team, because they've been very competitive.  If "failing" isn't winning the SB every year, that's setting the bar very high.  I get that the Pats need some playoff success to prove that they still have it.   LEt's see what BB can do this year after compiling talent. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

Bad drafts haven't prevented the Pats from winning their division and making the play-offs...but it has prevented them from winning a championship.

Don't forget, the Pats now have perhaps the greatest QB of all-time in Brady, and perhaps the greatest coach of all-time in BB. Those two can erase alot of mistakes, and cover up a bunch of warts. But, they won't be around forever...and...when the rubber meets the road come playoff time, the good teams with good coaches can expose the warts, and underscore the mistakes.

Perhaps BB has already taken steps to remedy the poor drafts in 2006-2009. After all, the Pats had a fabulous draft in 2010. It's far too early to render any judgments about the 2011 draft class.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I have Babe P on my ignore list because he's an anti-BB troll. The trollishness is not because he doesn't like BB but because he is here to grind an axe relentlessly and get a reaction. It's too bad because he does have quite a bit of football acumen if he was willing to take a more nuanced approach. In this regard he is very similar to "Softy" on the Sox boards though Softy has about a half dozen targets rather than just one. They are similar in that anyone who disagrees with them has less intellectual integrity than them and is likely a "Kool Aid drinker" or some other demeaning insult. Therefore they are impossible to argue intelligently with, thus the ignore list. 

In Babe P's case the irony is that he is a Kool Aid drinker of a different variety - the Tom Brady Koolaid. Whereas more objective viewers realize they both have tremendous resumes and also some flaws. 

It's understandable to support a franchise that has done so much winning, why that amounts to KoolAid drinking is anyone's guess. I resent that crud because I form my own opinions. In my case to offer one criticism of each I think BB really made some poor decisions around Spygate that shamed and hurt the franchise. In recent years Tom Brady has not stepped up as much as he needs to in the playoffs and has shown a baffling lack of intensity and take charge leadership from the sidelines during those losses. It doesn't change the hall of fame credentials of either one, but to get to the true Mount Rushmores both are seeking and deserve they need at least one more ring and preferably two. 

It's possible to admire and to criticize, and it's possible to think for yourself on this board without being put down as a KoolAid drinker.  But if you're going to call someone that you have to suck it up and face the same scrutiny. One big warning you are dealing with a troll on this board: when they put down certain people with dehumanizing name calling (re: Hoodie, etc). This is a form of childish trollish emotionalism that prevents a mature back and forth football discussion. But as we know, this type of troll is not interested in that type of discussion, they are here for other reasons.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Why does Pioli get a free pass in these discussions? He is the constant when talking bad drafts!

And you can stop asking the BB bashers to name a team that has done it better, they won't because they can't, they know it and then they would have to stop bashing BB which is all they want to do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : Please tell us your resume, meanwhilell I will continue to drink the Kool aid.  BB has built a SB winning defense for the Giants, and a dynasty in NE.  Go check the turnover in 2001, 2003 and 2004 rosters - they had hoodie stamped all over them.  Now tell me another dynasty (60s, 70's Steelers, 80's Niners, 90's Cowboys) that was in contention for 10 straight years?  And which ones were 14-2 in a rebuilding year?  Which had their worst season as 9-7? Every time you open your trap, more useless stuff pours out.  BB belongs on the very short list of greatest coaches and team builders in the history of sports.  Only a complete moron is incapable of recognizing it.
    Posted by Encinitas[/QUOTE]

Your - one of the greatest team builders of all-time - is 0 for the last 6 and a no show and 2 one and outs in the last 3. That's your idea of one of the greatest team buliders of all-time?

His dynasty was teeming with key guys he did not acquire. If I had to choose between your take on it and a stump's, I'm choosing the stump; it's smarter.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]I have Babe P on my ignore list because he's an anti-BB troll. The trollishness is not because he doesn't like BB but because he is here to grind an axe relentlessly and get a reaction. It's too bad because he does have quite a bit of football acumen if he was willing to take a more nuanced approach. In this regard he is very similar to "Softy" on the Sox boards though Softy has about a half dozen targets rather than just one. They are similar in that anyone who disagrees with them has less intellectual integrity than them and is likely a "Kool Aid drinker" or some other demeaning insult. Therefore they are impossible to argue intelligently with, thus the ignore list.  In Babe P's case the irony is that he is a Kool Aid drinker of a different variety - the Tom Brady Koolaid. Whereas more objective viewers realize they both have tremendous resumes and also some flaws.  It's understandable to support a franchise that has done so much winning, why that amounts to KoolAid drinking is anyone's guess. I resent that crud because I form my own opinions. In my case to offer one criticism of each I think BB really made some poor decisions around Spygate that shamed and hurt the franchise. In recent years Tom Brady has not stepped up as much as he needs to in the playoffs and has shown a baffling lack of intensity and take charge leadership from the sidelines during those losses. It doesn't change the hall of fame credentials of either one, but to get to the true Mount Rushmores both are seeking and deserve they need at least one more ring and preferably two.  It's possible to admire and to criticize, and it's possible to think for yourself on this board without being put down as a KoolAid drinker.  But if you're going to call someone that you have to suck it up and face the same scrutiny. One big warning you are dealing with a troll on this board: when they put down certain people with dehumanizing name calling (re: Hoodie, etc). This is a form of childish trollish emotionalism that prevents a mature back and forth football discussion. But as we know, this type of troll is not interested in that type of discussion, they are here for other reasons.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

I never said Brady has no flaws. I think his ability to play in the clutch, while still good, is not as legendary as it was when he was a hungry guy out to prove himself.

Sorry, but some of the Pat's fans who revere Hoodie the most call him Hoodie.  When I'm using an insulting moniker for Hoodie I call him the genius.

There's plenty of room for mature football discussion because I proffer facts rather than the spin kool-aide drinkers bring to the party. But it's the kool-aide drinkers that start with the insults first because they have no facts to refute the truth with so when their fragile little world od delusion gets jostled they lash out, pretty much like you just did.

If you had any facts to make a compelling case you wouldn't need to resort to making your post about me. You've got nothing because you are wrong.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : Queenie is an embarassing homer with a massively over-inflated sense of his own "genius" but then Babe-who actually knows a thing or two-is soooo over the top with his anti-Bellichick agenda it borders on psychotic...gotta give Queenie this one in a split decision
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

Saying Bill Belichick is an average GM makes me psychotic?

Alrighty then Jints. Yup, I must be the crazy one.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vacilando. Show Vacilando's posts

Why do you even acknowledge this TROLL Mrs. Parilli?!?!?

C'mon King, she can't even hold relevant discourse to the conversation.  She's a troll monger that blabbers about Kool-aid and zombies rather than acknowledge we're witnessing something spectacular.  Clearly she's a PINK HAT b/c any relevant FAN would not take for granted what we're witnessing in Boston.

Let's move on from this already.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Why do you even acknowledge this TROLL Mrs. Parilli?!?!? C'mon King, she can't even hold relevant discourse to the conversation.  She's a troll monger that blabbers about Kool-aid and zombies rather than acknowledge we're witnessing something spectacular.  Clearly she's a PINK HAT b/c any relevant FAN would not take for granted what we're witnessing in Boston. Let's move on from this already.
    Posted by Vacilando[/QUOTE]

Alright tiger. I'm way way out there saying BB is an average GM.  It is easy to see why most people hate Pat's fans.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

If my memory serves me correctly...  the losing coach from Cleveland.... when he got fired, didnt the rest of his coaching staff go on to Baltimore and win a superbowl? sounds like he picked the right people to surround himself with.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]   If my memory serves me correctly...  the losing coach from Cleveland.... when he got fired, didnt the rest of his coaching staff go on to Baltimore and win a superbowl? sounds like he picked the right people to surround himself with.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

BB was head coach and had one winning season in 5 years in Cleveland. His last year there he was 5-11. Then, five years after BB left the team they finally started winning under Billick having drafted guys like Ray Lewis and building a very strong D.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

bab(e) contradicts himself at every turn....   and karp...BB hasnt done anything different this year than in the past... he brings in fa's that will fit in supplementing the draft and trades and udfa's... as well as waiver wire pick ups

this sh*t is tiring....   but I have noticed alot of long time socalled "fans" starting to question every move... i guess they will just change their avatars later in the year...per usual

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

So far we have 28 fans saying that a fan calling BB an average GM is crazy and irrational. That - is crazy and irrational. Now you know why the rest of the NFL hates you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]So far we have 28 fans saying that a fan calling BB an average GM is crazy and irrational. That - is crazy and irrational. Now you know why the rest of the NFL hates you.

29 now....When the Patriots have a another losing season you can call him crazy and irrational (they have not had a losing season since 2000)...They have won a few SB's and AFC Championships in that time frame....Call me a "Kool Aide" drinker if you want, but obviously he is doing the majority of the things sanely and rationally. I think you are the one who is crazy and irrational!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]bab(e) contradicts himself at every turn....   and karp...BB hasnt done anything different this year than in the past... he brings in fa's that will fit in supplementing the draft and trades and udfa's... as well as waiver wire pick ups   this sh*t is tiring....   but I have noticed alot of long time socalled "fans" starting to question every move... i guess they will just change their avatars later in the year...per usual
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]

What a crock. You're trying to tell us that BB has every year brought in three starters from other teams for the D, changed the entire defensive concept and sent a two time pro-bowl defender packing during his rookie contract. Pure BS.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : 29 now....When the Patriots have a another losing season you can call him crazy and irrational (they have not had a losing season since 2000)...They have won a few SB's and AFC Championships in that time frame....Call me a "Kool Aide" drinker if you want, but obviously he is doing the majority of the things sanely and rationally. I think you are the one who is crazy and irrational!
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Right, it's CRAZY, IRRATIONAL, INSANE, DEMENTED, BONKERS and NUTS to say a guy who hasn't won a SB in 6 years and has had a no show and two one and outs in the last 3 is an average GM.

Wipe the foam from your mouth.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : Right, it's CRAZY, IRRATIONAL, INSANE, DEMENTED, BONKERS and NUTS to say a guy who hasn't won a SB in 6 years and has had a no show and two one and outs in the last 3 is an average GM. Wipe the foam from your mouth.

Because the Patriots have not made the Super Bowl in the last 6 years, BB is crazy and irrational...One of the stupidest comments you have ever made and you have made many. Love to here you commentson which GM's are not "crazy" and "irrational"!

Maybe it is time for you to jump off the "bandwagon" if BB drives you "crazy" and makes you this angry!