Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans

Babe = Troll

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Babe is really Bobby Grier!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

I read that Belichik had cameras following the cameras filming him for NFL films, is this true?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Troll!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Not looking feed the flames, but I think both combatants in this swedge make a point or two. However, one poster clearly takes too much glee in looking only at the drafts and ignores the on-field product and results.  The other clearly disagrees with that assessment.  Add fuel and watch the sparks fly.    

BB's job of rebuilding this team and staying competitive in the midst of some pretty mediocre drafts is amazing.  Yes, there have been some bad picks (and drafts) but relatively few busts among the higher picks.  Who restocks the draft board like BB?  No one.  And he can take chances on draft day like no one else because of it, and because of his tenure.   The Pats find players that fit, and they cut their losses whether first rounder or UDFA.  Meriweather is a prime example.   

This team went 14-2 last year!  There were a lot of young players on the roster.  Who but the most die hard homers predicted that?  The drafts have looked better more recently for sure, and few saw that BB would change the defensive scheme mid-stream to take advantage of his current personnel.  So he brought some vets to augment the roster, one where there are pretty good players at multiple positions.  What's the big deal, and how is that a bad thing?!? 

People who want to argue that the Pats don't draft well need to spend time analysing other teams' rosters as well.  I think it's a fallacy to say that BB hasn't had bad drafts, but it's also a fallacy to say that this team has been crippled by it or that BB hasn't done well using trades, UDFA and FA to field a top 5 team every year.        

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Too irrational, immature, insecure and just plain crazy to comment.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

in the last few years(the rebuilding years)

one of the better linebackers and leader of the new defense(Mayo)
    One of the brightest young CB(Mccourty)
    2 Top tier Pro bowl quality Tight ends(gronk/Hernadez)
    The potential Heir at QB(Ryan Mallet)

We have a Solid core of RB's(Lawfirm/Woody/the rookies)

Hes brought in an in his prime DE which when he plays hard is near unstoppable (haynesworth)

Basically last year was a heavy rebuilding year(we had i believe the second youngest defense in the league) and we went 14-2

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Russ, I think the term rebuilding is obsolete. BB will turn the roster every which way every year to put out the best team. The results speak for themselves. Has BB "rebuilt" a team this year vastly different than last years team that will again compete for the SB? YES! There are some great building blocks on the team that have both youth and reasonable salaries, but lets face it, 20-25 of the current roster will not be here next year. Does that mean next year is "rebuilding" as well?
    And lets face it, the release of so many young choices over the past 4 years, the signing of long in the tooth veterans, resigning Mankins...doesn't this fly opposite of what you have been preaching? Could it be you have been wrong all this time? Can the Pats put together a SB team in a way that you don't agree with?  

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duc749Rider. Show Duc749Rider's posts

One of the best things that BB does is cut the players who don't meet his expectations, regardless of draft position.  A lot of NFL teams keep dead weight on the roster which hurts them for years.  The Pats don't fall into that trap and are better for it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : Umm, what? Name the 20-25 players who you think won't be here next year, just so we can see it for a frame of reference.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Had given it thought, so 2 of the names are already released:
    Merriweather
    Butlet
    Koppen
    Light
    Branch
    Johnson
    Ellis
    Wright
    Carter
    BJGE
    Guyton
    Anderson
    Faulk
    Cunningham
    Wendell
    Brace
    Hoyer
    Need more?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]One of the best things that BB does is cut the players who don't meet his expectations, regardless of draft position.  A lot of NFL teams keep dead weight on the roster which hurts them for years.  The Pats don't fall into that trap and are better for it.
    Posted by Duc749Rider[/QUOTE]

Not for nothing. They would cut less players if they drafted the correct ones. That's kind of how it works. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : Not for nothing. They would cut less players if they drafted the correct ones. That's kind of how it works. 
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]
    I think the arguement from Russ goes that BB is "rebuilding the correct way"...assuming thru the draft. Russ has repeated that the Pats turned over the roster while the Jets were losing the championship games the past 2 years, like the Jets didn't notice or something.  Yet the Pats picks are 50/50 over the past 4-5 years. BB is "filling the gaps" with players like Carter, Albert, Johnson, Ellis...whom Russ howls about if/when the Jets do the same thing.
    Can you imagine if the Jets picked up Ty Warren or TBC? Russ w/b foaming at the mouth. Yet the Pats pick up Ellis and it is a great move. Jets sign Cromartie, Pats sign Albert. Jets give Mangold a record setting deal, Pats likewise with Mankins...
    Bottom line, the advantage is out on the field. Pats have dominated the decade. They are primed for another SB run this year. Unfortunately, so are the Jets. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

given that rebuilding usually doesn't equal winning the division and getting to the playoffs, I would have to say BB did a MASTERFUL job of it.  Argue about the mechanics of it all you want, but the fact is, we are at the top of the league year in and year out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]One of the best things that BB does is cut the players who don't meet his expectations, regardless of draft position.  A lot of NFL teams keep dead weight on the roster which hurts them for years.  The Pats don't fall into that trap and are better for it.
    Posted by Duc749Rider[/QUOTE]

Yes, coach Hoodie is excellent at letting the right players go.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duc749Rider. Show Duc749Rider's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : Not for nothing. They would cut less players if they drafted the correct ones. That's kind of how it works. 
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

...however, when teams draft poorly, and all teams do at times, it's still best to look at all other methods of building a team and keep only the best players on the roster regardless of the players' original draft position.  The draft is only one part of building a team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

This poll might as well be;

Yes = I don't guzzle the Hoodie kool-aide.

No = I'm a Hoodie Zombie.

No, he's absolutely crazy and irrational = I have 2 brain cells and no facts to add so I'll call people smarter than me a troll.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans:
    [QUOTE]Let's end this thread once and for all: Is Babe correct in saying that BB hasn't done a good job rebuilding this team and is scrambling around last minute?

Yes, and no. He's right from the standpoint that the Pats have wasted a ton of high draft choices over the past 5 years on busts. He's wrong from the standpoint that BB usually make good trades, and does a great job of signing veterans who are productive within his system.

It's a shame that the Pats have thrown away a golden opportunity to further build on their already good team, by wasting so many high draft choices. Heads should roll in the scouting department. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Looks like Babe voted for himself at the lone 1 vote, and it's 15 others thinking he's an agenda driven troll. Pretty much what I suspected, but I wanted to see it in on its own thread. When you look at 80-90% of other organizations and how they try to accomplish just one season of what NE does every season (10+ win seasons even with Cassel), it pretty much blows a major hole in Babe's premise and always did.

The vast majority are kool-aide guzzling tools wonderboy. You didn't need to post a poll. I could have told you that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

This is how how nfl "rebuilding" takes place, if you have a really good QB you're not supposed to be "rebuilding", if you don't have one, you're rebuilding every single damn year. Every single one. Nfl rosters are the most fluid rosters in professional sports, the same goes for the salary cap. Building through the draft is awesome...on paper, however after you spend three years hopefully getting these players good, the rest of the league tries to take them in free agency.

There's 52 players plus on an nfl team, they don't all get old, good, or bad at the same time. There's no need to tear it all down and rebuild the thing (it's not basketball), just pray you have a QB, a coach and can make some darn good decisions in the draft and free agency. We weren't "rebuilding" anything, we just missed in the draft and free agency enough to make it appear like we were...it happens, get over it. Don't confuse the best coach and qb in the league for; Patriot Way, fiscal responsibilty, value, our way of doing things, genius, seeing the future, one step ahead. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]This is how how nfl "rebuilding" takes place, if you have a really good QB you're not supposed to be "rebuilding", if you don't have one, you're rebuilding every single damn year. Every single one. Nfl rosters are the most fluid rosters in professional sports, the same goes for the salary cap. Building through the draft is awesome...on paper, however after you spend three years hopefully getting these players good, the rest of the league tries to take them in free agency. There's 52 players plus on an nfl team, they don't all get old, good, or bad at the same time. There's no need to tear it all down and rebuild the thing (it's not basketball), just pray you have a QB, a coach and can make some darn good decisions in the draft and free agency. We weren't "rebuilding" anything, we just missed in the draft and free agency enough to make it appear like we were...it happens, get over it. Don't confuse the best coach and qb in the league for; Patriot Way, fiscal responsibilty, value, our way of doing things, genius, seeing the future, one step ahead. 
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

So how do you figure a mediocre QB like Sanchez and a blowhard like Rex made it the chamionship round the past 2 years?
    I appreciate and respect the Patriot way, but there are other ways

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : So how do you figure a mediocre QB like Sanchez and a blowhard like Rex made it the chamionship round the past 2 years? I appreciate and respect the Patriot way, but there are other ways
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

Damn! You had to throw in Sanchez and ruin my whole post...my theory, in theory..has flaws. I'll look at it like this, they have a good coach and a very good defense..good receivers and at times a running game. They won despite their QB, it happens on occasion. Baltimore won a super bowl without one, but I'm at a loss to think of another super bowl team in the last 15 years that didn't have a good QB. It's a QB driven league.