Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans

I agree that changes with the defense were to slow and it cost us. Did it cost us a championship? I think it did, I believe that if you have the best coach and QB in the league you should win the thing...not every year, but they should never get punched in the face by the jets and ravens (at home) in the playoffs. We were missing play makers on defense and it killed us. I like the change in philosophy and I like some of the players they brought in. Last years draft was a huge success, if it had been close to that 3 of the years previous, we'd of been holding the Lombardi last year.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans:
    [QUOTE]I agree that changes with the defense were to slow and it cost us. Did it cost us a championship? I think it did, I believe that if you have the best coach and QB in the league you should win the thing...not every year, but they should never get punched in the face by the jets and ravens (at home) in the playoffs. We were missing play makers on defense and it killed us. I like the change in philosophy and I like some of the players they brought in. Last years draft was a huge success, if it had been close to that 3 of the years previous, we'd of been holding the Lombardi last year.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Thank You MtHurl.

Finally a post that everyone should agree on.  We are all fans...even babe, but we all cant see the same perspective.  Not all of us watched the Boson Patriots and so some of us are spoiled, but Rusty is one end of the spectrum and Babe is on the other and most others fall somewhere in between, but this above should be agreed by most.  Is pretty simple, like you said. best coach.qb combo hands down should not go out like we have recently...  Hence the offense morphing back to old times last year and  Moss jettisoned and now the defense change coming this year.  How can you argue that Bill is not changing?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : The base of the D is here, just like the offense.  That's what it's meant by saying that as opposed to aging players in 2008 and 2009 with a small amount of young players contributing (only Mayo and Meriweather ) were the ones. Now, he has a whole base on both sides of the ball. So, yes, the rebuilding base, this team young players instead of veterans, is pretty much complete, and that doesn't even count what we know about this 2011 class. He has a base now, where in 2008 and 2009, or even 2010, he didn't have a proven one. Are you not sold on these draft picks?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I think there is a base, but not a complete one. We are missing key ingredients, but maybe those are fulfilled via FA. It depends on how big a base needs to be, how it's comprised and the mix of young (draft/UDFA) vs. older players (FA's). 

I'm sold on most of the "base" or younger players still on this roster.

Where I think we need some help is;
    Safety
    DE (4-3)
    DT (4-3)
    WR
    C

If we could fill those spots next year in part via the draft and maybe in part via FA, I think we are good.
    Any thoughts on what a "base" actually is? composition of younger players to older ones (and at what positions), etc.?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]I agree that changes with the defense were to slow and it cost us. Did it cost us a championship? I think it did, I believe that if you have the best coach and QB in the league you should win the thing...not every year, but they should never get punched in the face by the jets and ravens (at home) in the playoffs. We were missing play makers on defense and it killed us. I like the change in philosophy and I like some of the players they brought in. Last years draft was a huge success, if it had been close to that 3 of the years previous, we'd of been holding the Lombardi last year.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Well said Mthurl..my point exactly.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

As great as a coach and GM that Bill is, in order to justify the last three years this team needs to win the superbowl...now.  Otherwise, we have spent three years of Tom Brady's career drafting lesser known players that were a better fit for Bill's way of doing things, then cutting more high round picks than one would like to see before their rookie contracts are up, suddenly signing a slew of free agents to replace guys that were suppose to be the answer.  I think we would be a shoe in if we had made a move last year and this year for a real marquee player.  Obviously, the risk is greater, but depth only get's you so far. 
    Fortunately, it appears that we are in a win now period and will likely continue to be until Brady is gone.  Even with guys like Meriweather making a couple of probowls, if you feel, for whatever reason that you need to cut a guy before his first contract is up, he has to be at least considered a bad pick if you could just sign a free agent to do his job, maybe for less money than you were paying him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : Thank You MtHurl. Finally a post that everyone should agree on.  We are all fans...even babe, but we all cant see the same perspective.  Not all of us watched the Boson Patriots and so some of us are spoiled, but Rusty is one end of the spectrum and Babe is on the other and most others fall somewhere in between, but this above should be agreed by most.  Is pretty simple, like you said. best coach.qb combo hands down should not go out like we have recently...  Hence the offense morphing back to old times last year and  Moss jettisoned and now the defense change coming this year.  How can you argue that Bill is not changing?
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

I feel a need to be clear that as far as an Xs and Os COACH Belichick is superb. I have only questioned his abilities as a GM, as a guy who can choose assistants in the process and have a group that makes exceptionally good decisions on draft day and on FA signings.

I think a lot of folks meld the coach and GM aspects together in their perspective and think I'm saying he isn't a great coach. It seems a good number of fans see him as having not done so well at the GM job at least in a recent 3 year period. Meanwhile the Brady sand in the hourglass are slipping away.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : I feel a need to be clear that as far as an Xs and Os COACH Belichick is superb. I have only questioned his abilities as a GM, as a guy who can choose assistants in the process and have a group that makes exceptionally good decisions on draft day and on FA signings. I think a lot of folks meld the coach and GM aspects together in their perspective and think I'm saying he isn't a great coach. It seems a good number of fans see him as having not done so well at the GM job at least in a recent 3 year period. Meanwhile the Brady sand in the hourglass are slipping away.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Like any great leader, Bill is able to surround himself with superb talent.  We've had some real talented folks come through here both in coaching and in management.  That doesn't mean Bill is responsible for their skills or success, it just means he is smart enough to realize their worth and bring them in as part of the team.  No GM or coach can succeed without great people around them. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Hard to argue with this. But wonderboy will.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayclay. Show rayclay's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : McCheaters, no one is buying you as "RayClay".
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Kid, I'm not sure who you are or what your problem is or what in the world you are even talking about, but stop stalking me.  If you don't like what I have to say, put me on ignore.  Get over yourself and stop being such a complete creep.  You are an online stalker. Get a life.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : tex u r too intelligent to clutch at such nonsense...i expect that from queenie and all the sore losers with a sense of entitlement here but not u....u lost b/c tom brady spent the day on his *** and u never figured a way to stop it..how does failing to stop osi, tuck, strahan, etc...have anything to do with a "distraction"? there weren't dropped balls and shoddy play and foolish play calls...if that game was played under any other circumstances it would not change b/c ur O line was overwhelmed...end of story...
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

Much is true here. The O-line didn't show up (we know the Giants D line was good, but not THAT good). The Pat's D failed to stop the Giants when it mattered most. But, if you want to be considered credible and a person of fairness you must admit the Giants got two huge breaks with both the Samel interception botch and the Tyree catch.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

That is just a bit absurd.  Should we blame KC Jones for having LB?  How about Red?  Did he ever win a championship with a bad team?  What about all the coaches with great players that didn't win the championship.  Like him or hate him, Phil Jackson is a fantastic coach who has gotten the most out of his teams.  Your post is no different than someone claiming that Bill's accomplishments don't count because he has Tom Brady.  That is equally absurd.  I don't know of any coach that won a championship with a bad team.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Hey, Jints.  It's now Tom 1, Eli 0.  Wins, that is.