Back Surgery for Gronk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Back Surgery for Gronk

I agree with the majority of the posters here, that its never a good thing when Gronk cant be on the field, still PUP him and let him miss the first 5-6 weeks of the regular season to come back comletely healthy and refreshed. I am of the belief we are playing the entire regular season just to determine homefield advantage in the AFC Championship game; New England or Denver.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Meh. He was worth the risk on a 3rd rounder. What was colossally stupid was playing him on xps.

It's rather absurd to claim his career is over."

Yup!!!!! All true.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

If this guy is injury prone now at 24, what is he going to be like when he's 30?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"Meh. He was worth the risk on a 3rd rounder. What was colossally stupid was playing him on xps.

It's rather absurd to claim his career is over."

Yup!!!!! All true.

It was a 2nd rounder not 3rd

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

No Welker or Gronk, might force the Pats to using different Players to get the job done. Check downs, more running, maybe start using the Play-Action more.
    What impressed me about Flacco in the Play-offs the most, he used everyone. Hit the Open man, didn't force many plays. Thus no Turnovers.
    Guys have to step up, its a Team Sport. Including Josh McDaniels, and start adapting plays to the talent that is on the field.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

There's a whole lotta speculation going on here, as NOBODY really knows how long the back surgery will set him back (no pun intended).

If the back surgery is minor, he may be ready to roll for the start of the season. All anyone can do is wait this one out, and see what exactly they are doing to his back...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to bingobilly's comment:

Repeating what I've said previously...  Gronkowski is a fragile oversized kid who will be a losing proposition to the Patriots.  Perhaps, although the Patriots knew of his medical history they decided to take the "gamble" and hence gambling consists of mostly losers and not too many, if any, winners.

Now you can identify with my reasoning for saying this kid's so-called football career is not only in jeopardy but more than likely for all intents and purposes it is over!

Meh. He was worth the risk on a 3rd rounder. What was colossally stupid was playing him on xps.

It's rather absurd to claim his career is over.

The two people who will decide his fate are of the following mindset: Robert Kraft - strickly a money man, return on investment is first and nothing is in second place.  You do not get to his level without practicing the first rule of business which is "make money", secondly you have Bill Belichick who has very little patience with those who step over his line in the sand and those who do not perform as he demands.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Repeating what I've said previously...  Gronkowski is a fragile oversized kid who will be a losing proposition to the Patriots.  Perhaps, although the Patriots knew of his medical history they decided to take the "gamble" and hence gambling consists of mostly losers and not too many, if any, winners.

Now you can identify with my reasoning for saying this kid's so-called football career is not only in jeopardy but more than likely for all intents and purposes it is over!

Meh. He was worth the risk on a 3rd rounder. What was colossally stupid was playing him on xps.

It's rather absurd to claim his career is over.

The two people who will decide his fate are of the following mindset: Robert Kraft - strickly a money man, return on investment is first and nothing is in second place.  You do not get to his level without practicing the first rule of business which is "make money", secondly you have Bill Belichick who has very little patience with those who step over his line in the sand and those who do not perform as he demands.

Dont know Kraft, do you?  He was a fan in the stands when they were losing.  When he moved into the owner's box they started winning.  Im not trying to say he's perfect but he cares about a lot more than just money.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I really hope Gronk can get it together. He is the most important peice on the offense after Brady. I don't want to be doom and gloom ... but a whole Gronkless season would be terrible. 

This offense is just completely different without the attention he commands and the blocks he can throw at the same time. 

Given his experience, missing some of camp isn't the worst thing ... but if this lingers or becomes an issue it's going to stink. 

Here is hoping it's cleared up in time for the first game. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Apparently what is going to be performed is a microdiscectomy which is a minimally invasive procedure.  From what I've read, on the spectrum of back surgery (minor to major), it is on the very minor side of minor.  His agent's assertion that it makes sense to have this done while he is recovering from the arm surgery makes sense to me.  I hope they PUP him and that he comes back ready to go at week 7.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

Yes I'm Back! and for good reason! 

Only 2 people agreed with me when Gronk was taken in the draft by the Patriots. Everyone said, Oh, don't worry about his back, its all healed now! 

Meanwhile after 4 arm surgeries he's headed for back surgery! In less that what I claimed of 5 years Gronk is a physical mess.  Not 1 of you out here has a clue but all claim it's ok. NO it's isnt and it won't be. He is finished, just one bad tackle away from a walker, wheelchair, or worse.

Let it be said and recogonized that I STOMMPER was right! Not even Lazz Sanitorium can help you now. Where is Rusty Pink Hat, I need to beiotchhh slap someone!

TOLD YOU SO! Yell

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

What?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Not sure any back surgery can be considered "minor" but I'm hoping for the best for Gronk.  Really hate the thought of not having him on the field for part of the season.  I guess it's better for him to be gone during the first part of the season then the last part of the season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I just hope Gronk survives! I mean, after all, he could actually die from back surgury or become paralyzed! Or he could get a flesh eating  bacterial infection and have to have his back amputated! Then the Pats wouldn't have a Gronk and they wouldn't win a single game ever again. Even with Brady and BB and everyone else on the team, without Gronk, they can't win!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Why must people make stuff up or worry about crap that probably won't happen. Right now the prognosis is he might miss a few practices, NOT a few games. And if you are going to needlessly hold Gronk out for 6 games, why not hold him out for the entire season? Matter of fact why not keep him out of the first round of the playoffs too, if they make it, that is. I mean the guy is so injury prone, it isn't like some guy threw himself across Gronks legs in a manner that would tear anybody and everybodys ankle ligaments. Oh wait, that is what happened! And it isn't like a bunch of 250-350lb people jumped on his forarm in a manner that would have broken anyone's and everyone's forearm, Oh wait, that is what happened.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

I just hope Gronk survives! I mean, after all, he could actually die from back surgury or become paralyzed! Or he could get a flesh eating  bacterial infection and have to have his back amputated! Then the Pats wouldn't have a Gronk and they wouldn't win a single game ever again. Even with Brady and BB and everyone else on the team, without Gronk, they can't win!

I have to admit I would pay good money to see someone's back amputated

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Gronk's agent says that this is a maintenance thing, a non-issue unrelated to previous back problems, and I trust Gronk's agent completely and totally.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to rtuinila's comment:

I have to admit I would pay good money to see someone's back amputated

More sterling contributions from our resident poster who has a proclivity for Muridae like traits.