Back to Draft pick watch..... Homers who hate this topic please stay away!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

Back to Draft pick watch..... Homers who hate this topic please stay away!

The Carolina pick stayed the same and we saw the Raiders pick +3 and the Vikings pick +2

Pats Picks are currently

15 - Raiders
    33 - Carolina
    74 - Vikings
    190 - Saints. I think İt will go to Kansas for Jarrad Page trade ?
    225 - Comp pick.Ben Watson is havıng one hell of a season It might be a 6th Round

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAPats. Show LAPats's posts

Re: Back to Draft pick watch..... Homers who hate this topic please stay away!

In Response to Re: Back to Draft pick watch..... Homers who hate this topic please stay away!:
    [QUOTE]We won't stay away, closet gm boy. Trade the fifteenth pick for Drew Bledsoe.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

I understand why you keep trotting out this joke, '66.  It gets funnier every time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAPats. Show LAPats's posts

I'm betting the Oak pick moves up  into the 10-12 range... 
    Pats 10-2 in a rebuilding year???  With 6 picks in first 3 rounds?!  Still never ceases to surprise  how fing WELL they run this organization!

GO PATS!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Compensatory pick is a FIFTH round pick.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I am currently of the mind that as SB contenders we don't need quantity in this draft, we need quality upgrades at a few positions.  I would package the Raider pick and move up to get Fairley, Watt or Kerrigan.  I love Watt and Kerrigan but I think both players would need a year or so to develop.  Fairley I think could come in day 1 and make an impact.  BB likes to draft DL in the first round.  With Ty Warren coming back and Vince Wilfork playing like a beast as always, we need to upgrade the other DE position.  Fairley is the most disruptive defensive player in college and if he comes out, he will go top 10, maybe even top 5.  Our Raider pick and CAR would get us up there.  Fairley is the next Warren Sapp but he can also play the 5 technique.  He takes Wright or Pryor's roster spot.  Ty Warren takes G. Warren's spot.  Deaderick and Brace back up.

We need to draft an OT to be Light's eventual replacement.  A good one could be had with our late 1st.  We need to sign Mankins.  With Bodden coming back, we should be set at CB.  I would like to add a coverage safety a WR, a bruising RB and an OG.  We should be able to land 2-3 studs in free agency and address the other 3-4 positions via the draft while doing our usual wheeling and dealing for future picks.

Can you image coming off a SB victory, landing Nick Fairley or JJ Watt in the draft plus getting a dominate new LT, and a solid WR plus adding some depth at RB, OG, S.  Our young defense will get better with time plus getting Warren and Bodden back.  We could be unstoppable for years.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Everybody's got a hard on for J.J. Watt and Fairley but neither of them are a consideration.  Fairley is a top 5 pick, maybe top 3.  Watt just wouldn't be a good fit in this defense.  He's another Brett Keizel at the next level if he's asked to play the 5 technique in a 3-4.  He'd be better off playing a gap penetrating DT in a Tampa 2 scheme much like McCoy with the Bucs or Tommie Harris in Chicago. 

I'm hoping it's either Allen Bailey or Ryan Kerrigan with the Raider pick. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Interesting take Faucetman but I dont see BB giving up the Carolina pick to move up ~ that pick is way too valuable a bargaining chip
     ( Especially if it ends up being 1st pick of day 2 )
    He will look to move back and snag an extra 3rd rndr and then find a desperate trade partner who will give him a 2012 2nd for his extra 2011 third ) 

GIN RUMMY ANALOGY :

It just occured to me that BB plays the draft like an expert Draw Gin Rummy Card Player ( Thats the rummy game where you string out the discarded cards and can go back and pick em up along with all the extra ones discarded afterwards ).
      He plants a card he can use , waits for others to add to the stack , then swoops back in and gathers 'em all up -adding to his hand , then repeats the process.
      He's not interested in claiming " Rummy " until the time is right .
      BB has matured into an expert draftsman that now will NEVER use all his picks in a Draft .
    He will move one or two into the future for the rest of his career .
     ( I'm not saying he's an expert Drafter that never misses on his picks ...just that he knows how to manipulate the draft in his favor for the long run , and is now a proficient DRAFTSMAN )

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

In Response to Re: Back to Draft pick watch..... Homers who hate this topic please stay away!:
    [QUOTE] Interesting take Faucetman but I dont see BB giving up the Carolina pick to move up ~ that pick is way too valuable a bargaining chip  ( Especially if it ends up being 1st pick of day 2 ) He will look to move back and snag an extra 3rd rndr and then find a desperate trade partner who will give him a 2012 2nd for his extra 2011 third )  GIN RUMMY ANALOGY :  It just occured to me that BB plays the draft like an expert  Draw Gin Rummy Card Player ( Thats the rummy game where you string out the discarded cards and can go back and pick em up along with all the extra ones discarded afterwards ).   He plants a card he can use , waits for others to add to the stack , then swoops back in and gathers 'em all up -adding to his hand , then repeats the process.   He's not interested in claiming "Rummy " until the time is right .   BB has matured into an expert draftsman that will now NEVER use all his picks in a Draft . He will move one or two into the future for the rest of his career .  ( I'm not saying he's an expert Drafter that never misses on his picks ...just that he knows how to manipulate the draft in his favor for the long run , and is now a proficient DRAFTSMAN )
    Posted by CapFoxboro[/QUOTE]

Luv this post ......  Classic !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE] Interesting take Faucetman but I dont see BB giving up the Carolina pick to move up ~ that pick is way too valuable a bargaining chip  ( Especially if it ends up being 1st pick of day 2 ) He will look to move back and snag an extra 3rd rndr and then find a desperate trade partner who will give him a 2012 2nd for his extra 2011 third )  GIN RUMMY ANALOGY :  It just occured to me that BB plays the draft like an expert  Draw Gin Rummy Card Player ( Thats the rummy game where you string out the discarded cards and can go back and pick em up along with all the extra ones discarded afterwards ).   He plants a card he can use , waits for others to add to the stack , then swoops back in and gathers 'em all up -adding to his hand , then repeats the process.   He's not interested in claiming "Rummy " until the time is right .   BB has matured into an expert draftsman that will now NEVER use all his picks in a Draft . He will move one or two into the future for the rest of his career .  ( I'm not saying he's an expert Drafter that never misses on his picks ...just that he knows how to manipulate the draft in his favor for the long run , and is now a proficient DRAFTSMAN )
    Posted by CapFoxboro[/QUOTE]
    He could do both.  I'm not saying he would.  I'm saying he could.  If we win the SB or even if we don't, wouldn't it be better to get 4 quality upgrades instead of using 7 premium picks where maybe 3 of those guys don't make the team?  I'm saying we could take the Raider pick (14) plus the CAR pick (33) to move to #5 to get just about anyone he wanted.

We then can take our late first, move back 10 spots or so and pick up a 2012 3rd.  We then could take our late 2nd, trade it for a 2012 second and pick up a 5th in 2011.  These are the kind of moves he always makes.  The bold move up to #5 to land a guy of Fairley's caliber would transform our defense into a disruptive pressuring defense like we had in 03/04.  Heck even if our defense next year finished middle of the pack with our explosive offense, we would be vastly improved.

To the gentlemen with the comments about Watt, I disagree.  I think he could develop into a very solid 34 DE.  We'll see at the Combine but I would not be shocked if he is already over 300 lb.  Seymour was the same 6-6, 310.  Warren is 6-5, 300.  Watt is listed at 6'5.5" 292.  Are you saying he can't gain 8 lbs?  Warren played at Texas A&M and Seymour played at Georgia.  Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't both players 43 DTs coming out of college?  Also, with our multiple alignments there would be times Watt would be lined up as a 34 DE and times when he'd be lined up as a 43 DT and times where he would be a 43 DE.  The guy has power, speed and skills to pigeon hole him as a 43 DT only is short-sighted IMO.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

trade the #32 and #74 for larry fitzgerald

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]trade the #32 and #74 for larry fitzgerald
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

YES! Been saying that...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Pick trading speculation as far as worth is just that now, speculation. With a new CBA and the possibility of a rookie wage scale draft position worth will be different. I think that you may actually see teams trade up in the top 5 or even to #1. You wont cripple your team with a cap hit, you'll just pay in draft picks. You have evenings inbetween some rounds.  I wonder if they will deal in cash too like they do in baseball trades.
    The draft won't be the same anymore.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

[QUOTE]Pick trading speculation as far as worth is just that now, speculation. With a new CBA and the possibility of a rookie wage scale draft position worth will be different. I think that you may actually see teams trade up in the top 5 or even to #1. You wont cripple your team with a cap hit, you'll just pay in draft picks. 

IF Rookie Cap becomes reality ( and so far I've not heard a strong opinion from either side to the contrary ) I wonder if this might actually hurt  BB's draft strategy a bit.
     What I mean is if teams are not afraid to trade up to Top 10 ( and relinquish the bounty that normally comes with such moves ) would this drain them of incentive ( or cache ) to deal when the end of the 1st thru 3rd rounds come around ?
    ( where historically BB makes his "future's" trading deals happen  )

Any thoughts out there on how Rookie Salary Cap might effect Pats ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]trade the #32 and #74 for larry fitzgerald
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Interesting thought.  Could probably get that done for just our 33.  If ARI was willing to trade Anquan Boldin for a 3rd and 4th, the top pick in the 2nd round should land Fitzgerald.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm actually pretty happy with our WR core right now. It seems to be clicking with Brady, just resign Branch, so I don't really see a need for a #1 WR. Matter a fact I'd argue they are better off with no true #1 but 5-6 #2-3's.

One thing to look at is that the Pats will need quantity to fully complete the rebuild process. From my view we have a number of positions that either need to be upgraded, built up depth, or long term projects.

imo here's my list in priority:

1x Starter DE/OLB: Cunningham is going to be a force but TBC and Nin are best served as sub's and role players. Another pass rushing OLB would do wonders

1x Starter DE: As with OLB, Deadrick, G Warren, and Pryor have done a great job but to me they are excellent sub package players not 3 down DE's. Another stud DE with T Warren coming back will set the defense up to become a force again

1x Starter OG, 1x Project OG: Who knows if we resign Mankins and Neal might retire soon. Connolly has done great but we need a great G to protect Brady and another to train for depth or to eventually replace Neal

1x Depth/Starter T: Light might be looking for to much to resign and Vollmer is looking to move to LT leaving us one short at RT

1x Depth FB/RB: After seeing Woodhead and BJGE handling the load well at the RB positions I think it's time to get a short yard power back that can also be a FB, like a bigger version of Morris with the same role

1x Project C: Koppon is starting to get beat and is getting older might be good to find a future long term replacement

Now looking at that the projects on the line can be had in the mid rounds and if Mankins is resigned then you don't need to grab another G right away and the RB/FB is usually found in the late 2nd to 4th range but I still think you need to look high to find the DE/OL, DE, and RT. Now we have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds so I'm thinking they end up using 4, one on each line, a pass rusher, and the rb position while trading back the other 2 into next year and reload with 5 more picks next year too.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Back to Draft pick watch..... Homers who hate this topic please stay away!:
    [QUOTE]The Carolina pick stayed the same and we saw the Raiders pick +3 and the Vikings pick +2 Pats Picks are currently 15 - Raiders 32 33 - Carolina 64 74 - Vikings 96 128 160 190 - Saints. I think İt will go to Kansas for Jarrad Page trade ? 225 - Comp pick.Ben Watson is havıng one hell of a season It might be a 6th Round
    Posted by hoyle[/QUOTE] Watson will net the Patriots a 5th round pick at very worst,also should Mankins leave via Free agency you can add in another 3rd round pick.