Backup QB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Backup QB

Should Pats bring in a veteran for 2010, draft someone in the 5th or 6th round for thrid string or just go with Hoyer again as the only backup?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

Re: Backup QB

hoyer is fine

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

hoyer looked great last year

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

From everything I read it seems the Patriots are very high on Hoyer.  He was pretty impressive in limited duty last year and if BB was confident enough in him during his rookie season to make him the only backup QB on the roster, then he has my confidence too.  Let's focus the resources on other positions.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I'm sure that BB is looking because its his job to do so. Their are a couple of guys he could use one of the 7th round comp picks on. It just depends on what transpires prior to their drafting late in the 7th round and who drops too them....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

I like Hoyer alot. escpecially how he won the backup over a veteran and teh guy daniels thought was the next Brady- O'Connell. I wouldn't mind see a third stringer though

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In an emergency they could use Edelman or Stanback

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Backup QB:
    In an emergency they could use Edelman or Stanback
    Posted by Rocky

yeah that's true, ya think Stanback will make the team this year?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Three quarterbacks, not two quarterbacks, is the rule.  Two can get injured. 

BB has had lightning strike twice at QB.  Matt Cassel was a seventh round franchise player.  Hoyer might not be bad either.  If I were the Pats I'd get a quarterback on principle because picking QBs has always made the team great in past years.