Bad New.... After being frontrunners to get Boldin Pats decided to drop out WHYYYYYYYYYYY

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotsbb12b81m83w. Show patriotsbb12b81m83w's posts

Bad New.... After being frontrunners to get Boldin Pats decided to drop out WHYYYYYYYYYYY

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Patriots-dropping-out-of-Boldin-sweepstakes.html

Can somebody tell me why I understand we don't have a 3rd round pick but what about a 2nd we have 3 of them?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotsbb12b81m83w. Show patriotsbb12b81m83w's posts

Re: Bad New.... After being frontrunners to get Boldin Pats decided to drop out WHYYYYYYYYYYY

Is there any other receivers out there who the Pats can possibly still get?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Re: Bad New.... After being frontrunners to get Boldin Pats decided to drop out WHYYYYYYYYYYY

In Response to Re: Bad New.... After being frontrunners to get Boldin Pats decided to drop out WHYYYYYYYYYYY:
    Because after giving up a 2nd, you're still going to have to sign him to a big contract after 1 year or let him walk. Plus he's often injured.
    Posted by GrantW

Exactly. I'm glad BB declined. There are some diamonds in the rough. Its still early. BB is smelling out a couple deals i'm sure. ne got burnt bad last year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

The National Football Post is saying they "dropped out" to cover their as*es for the BS report that they were the "frontrunners" earlier.  At the exact same time they put the "frontrunners" story out, a real source, Adam Schefter, reported that the Ravens were close to getting him.  Pats were probably not even involved at all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

In Response to Re: Bad New.... After being frontrunners to get Boldin Pats decided to drop out WHYYYYYYYYYYY:
    In Response to Re: Bad New.... After being frontrunners to get Boldin Pats decided to drop out WHYYYYYYYYYYY : Exactly. I'm glad BB declined. There are some diamonds in the rough. Its still early. BB is smelling out a couple deals i'm sure. ne got burnt bad last year.
    Posted by kansaspatriot

oh yeah, wizard Bill is sniffing out some deals..SURE. Keep drinking that koolaide. The only deals he's sniffing out are the ones where he can short pay some has been retread

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Bad New.... After being frontrunners to get Boldin Pats decided to drop out WHYYYYYYYYYYY : So $28 Million, 3rd and 4th RD picks for a guy that plays 10 games a season? No thanks.
    Posted by GrantW

exactly who's going to pay a guy that much who's proven to be injury prone.

we got Brandon Tate

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Now this is beyond frustrating because I called this exactly what it would take and it seemed beyond reasonable.

I said a late 2nd asking for a 4th/5th back and it would take about Moss money with an extra year to sign Boldin and guess what that's exactly what it took. To me that seems more then reasonable seriously I don't get this lack of move at all. It was a steal like Moss was. This really gets me upset. Unless we sign Walter for 3/4 to half of what Boldin got then I just don't know what to say.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncpatriotfan. Show ncpatriotfan's posts

No BB's going to go out and resign Joey Galloway, that's the type of player he has fallen in love with over the last few years. That's why the team got old so fast, bad veteren FA signing's and poor drafting lately has depleted the team of young studs like Indy seems to have right now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Bob Kraft, big head tiny little arms.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Because after giving up a 2nd, you're still going to have to sign him to a big contract after 1 year or let him walk. Plus he's often injured.
    Posted by GrantW

Plus he's not a down feild threat. 

Balmer overpaid.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Well, scratch that. The Ravens just gave up a boat load of picks to get him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: Bad New.... After being frontrunners to get Boldin Pats decided to drop out WHYYYYYYYYYYY : exactly who's going to pay a guy that much who's proven to be injury prone. we got Brandon Tate
    Posted by kansaspatriot
    who is brandon tate?has he played in the NFL?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

lets see boldin,stallworth,and there sick running back.they just became contenders.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'm not a big fan of this years free agent class, although I don't think the pats should just sit on the hands while the jets and dolphins get better. As for Boldin, I liked him when he was younger; he was a very good run after the catch guy, strong, tough. But at 30 and with some injuries, I'm not dissapointed we didn't get him. Plus he is not a deep threat and that was really lacking from the offense last year. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I'd rather spend my money on the talented, but VOLCANIC, Marshall.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Oh, and to all you BB/Kraft haters.... like the team did soooooo well BEFORE they came along.  I'll stick with them any day.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adco1212. Show adco1212's posts

I don't understand this at all, you have the opportunity to get a top 10 WR, and he's a beast, for a 2nd and a 4th, and a fairly economic contract, and you BALK?!  The Pats are gonna most likely lose Moss after this year, Welker's hurt, Edelmen's young...c'mon Bill, anti up and pay for top talent.  So now we're left w/ Brady throwing to a 36 (?) yr old potentially somewhat unhappy Moss, a 2nd year slot WR, and a guy recovering from a torn ACL.  Sweet. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Reiss had Patriots interested in Derrick Mason if he was not retained by Baltimore... Don't know how that stands now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I really hope that they didn't pass on Boldin and Walter to sign Mason. His stats look good but at 36 and being the only real wr threat on Balt just screams to me another Galloway. Moss will be gone next year and getting another aging wr who is past his prime just sounds like another flip of the coin, which we've been losing a lot lately

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adco1212. Show adco1212's posts

In Response to Re: Bad New.... After being frontrunners to get Boldin Pats decided to drop out WHYYYYYYYYYYY : Yeah those 3 SB's were tough. Especially with WR's like Brown, Patten, Branch, Givens etc.....
    Posted by GrantW

Our defense was good enough back then to overcome our offensive shortcomings (WR's), that's not the case now. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncpatriotfan. Show ncpatriotfan's posts

The 3 Super Bowl's were won with a great running game and a great defense, neither of which the Pats have now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncpatriotfan. Show ncpatriotfan's posts

Maybe because we don't have a great defense or running game anymore. That's why in the 16-0 season the offense was changed, to make up for the lack of both.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

It's no New England's MO to go after big name FAs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

because the defense hasnt done anything since the last super bowl win.if you cant get it done with the defense.get an offense that can kill teams and carry the defense.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from adco1212. Show adco1212's posts

bingo ncpatriotfan...the offense has to be good enough for us to win now to overcome the defensive shortcomings, which is the exact opposite of how we won our SB's.  It's a lot easier to make an improvement to our offense than it is to improve our defense...although the defense NEEDS an upgrade more than our O.