BAD NEWS : PATS JUST GOT BUMPED BACK IN '10 DRAFT ( TWICE )

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

BAD NEWS : PATS JUST GOT BUMPED BACK IN '10 DRAFT ( TWICE )

UNFORTUNATELY : The NFL conducted their tiebreaking "Coin Flips" to determine DRAFT ORDER and the BIGGEST LOSER was the PATRIOTS .

The Pats owned both the Jags and Titans 2nd rounders and both WON their flips , which is bad for the Pats because this means that though the Jags / Titans pick ahead in round 1 , teams that are tied have their order reversed in Round 2 ~ thus the Pats picks are now picking further back .

UGH !

For those keeping score :

JAX PICK : #44 ...We moved back two spots in 2nd round behind #42 Broncos (from Bears ) & # 43 Dolphins

TITANS PICK : #49 ....We moved back one spot behind # 48 49ers ( from Panthers )

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Re: BAD NEWS : PATS JUST GOT BUMPED BACK IN '10 DRAFT ( TWICE )

No way BB and the Patriots let 22 players slide between the #22 pick and the (unofficial) #44 pick. HUGE DRAFT in terms of talent. 2nd round this year is 100x more valuable than 2011 2nd round. 

They will trade up into the beginning of the second round - my theory thinks they will swap THEIR 2011 1st round pick with a team 2011 1st round ALONG with trading their 2011 2nd round pick to get into the beginning of the 2nd.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

So wait, u want to give up a 1st and 2nd from next year for a 2nd this year. arghhh!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Ya, that's trading a likely top 10 pick and a second round pick for just a second round pick.  No thanks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DJMcG. Show DJMcG's posts

22, 44, 48, 53... plus, the Oakland #1 from 2011... Yeah, I think they'll be able to do a little damage here. The only question is whether they like the talent pool better this year or next year? That will determine whether they're moving up or moving back. Of course, as always it will depend on how the board looks at the time. I do think there might be 2 or 3 players they'll be looking to move on, maybe trading up, then out later. Plenty of picks to work with.

OLB, WR, DT, and TE will no doubt be the focus. They made moves to get younger at OL last year, have more RBs than they know what to do with, and the DBs have been bolstered in recent drafts and FA.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Talent is 100000x better in 2010 than 2011. after the first round in 2011 there will be a huge drop off in terms of talent.

Because of rookies not getting big contracts in 2011 many underclassman declared for the draft in 2010 instead of stayin in school. 2010 is a homerun draft especially for teams looking for OLB, DE, and OL.

trying to get into the early second round will be a priority. Giving up a 2011 second round pick for a beginning 2010 will be rewarding.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

No big deal...........Not the end of the world............may I present to you Master Magician William..............Nothing up my sleeve presto.........William will do something no one even thought about............leave it to him and sit back and smile......because when he is gone we will be .......ordinary like the rest of the league.............

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: BAD NEWS : PATS JUST GOT BUMPED BACK IN '10 DRAFT ( TWICE ):
    Talent is 100000x better in 2010 than 2011. after the first round in 2011 there will be a huge drop off in terms of talent. Because of rookies not getting big contracts in 2011 many underclassman declared for the draft in 2010 instead of stayin in school. 2010 is a homerun draft especially for teams looking for OLB, DE, and OL. trying to get into the early second round will be a priority. Giving up a 2011 second round pick for a beginning 2010 will be rewarding.
    Posted by Boston-kyle

2010 is a homerun draft especially for teams looking for OLB, DE, and OL.

what luck, the Pats ARE in need of those positions.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

Ty?^

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

To ALL:

Viable Solution:

~See, I'm thinking here that as the Jaguars AND Titans both won their coin flips and so will get the lower 1st draft slots (and with subsequent revolving-thus giving the Pats the higher 2nd rd slots from these teams whose picks we have), BOTH the Jags and Titans Front Offices need to get on the phone with each other and come to some sort of a "consensus 'fair' agreement" as to NE getting the raw end of the deal by trading with BOTH the Jags/Titans for this year's 2nd rders...  I guess the ONLY way I can see it, is either Jags or Titans should in all "fairness" either give up their higher 1st rd selection spot to help NE out here, or IF they want to keep their higher pick, 1 team...and in fact, probably BOTH teams due now to he "mental anguish factor" should just switch NE's 2nd rders with their very own 1st rders...  I mean, fair is fair here (jags & titans are probably talkin about doing just this as we speak).  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from philbert. Show philbert's posts

Bummer. That only translates into a 10 point for one and a 20 point difference on the other in the charts. But if they want to jump up more than a couple of slots, I'm not sure their own sixth, and the philly and denver sevenths they own give them enough cabbage to offer in trade.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

I think that if this was just an average draft quality-wise ( Where after the first 35 players come off the board , the consensus 1st round caliber talent falls off a clifff ) then dropping back a few spots wouldn't matter at all  , but considering most experts are hailing this one potentially the best in a long time , it could be a HUGE difference when it comes to DEALING .
       In every Draft there are Organizations that are willing to pay big time in order to move up to grab that especially coveted 2nd rounder ~ 
       Sometimes even Desperate
    Teams willing to trade their future 1st rounder .

Hopefully the pt will be moot when it comes time to pick ...but I doubt it.

Jax pick : We got bumped behind 2 teams with front offices that wheel and deal
      /> Dolphins  & Broncos ( from Bears )

Titans pick : We'll now behind another team that has been draft trade heavy last few seasons > 49ers (from Panthers )

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The coin flips were the commisioners way of messing with the Patriots again!! This guy never stops he should be forced to resign.He has too much of a bidding interest from his days as the NYJ VP of finances. He knew that with all those low range draft choices BB would kill this draft,nice going commish you are the ultimate jackazz.