bad spot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: bad spot

It was the right call to go for it on 4th and 2.  With more than 2 minutes left, Manning would have marched right down and scored a TD.

The spot looked OK.  The Pat's weren't robbed.  Faulk just didn't catch the ball correctly. 

The Pats lost because they couldn't make enough plays.  Brady's INT, Marooney's fumble, Faulk's bobbling the catch cost them the game.

However, there is a lot to feel good about for the Pats.  The Pats should have won and know they can beat the Colts in Indy.  If I'm Indy, I'm scared sh1tless of meeting the Pats in the post season, even if it is in Indy.

1 thing - the Pats have to do a better job in the second half against the Colts.  Twice now they had the Colts dead to rights, and let them get away.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoHoldingCalls. Show NoHoldingCalls's posts

In Response to Re: bad spot:
    [QUOTE]3rd and 2 when you are going to go for it on 4th - Pass? Bad Call 3rd and chewing up clock with 4:12 pass? Bad Call Not blitzing Manning in Go for Broke at Pats 30 under 2 mminutes - Bad call Tackling guy on 5 instead of letting him in with 1:05 left and chance for winning field goal drive - Bad Call Going for it on 4th and 2 - Good Call.  Bad Spot
    Posted by pauldeba[/QUOTE]
    I completely agree that the pass on 3rd and 2 was a bad call.  We were in panic mode.  If the defense was getting ready for a pass or a run, a QB sneak would have been awesome (we get 2+ yards on it frequently).  Also, a 3rd and 2 run play of any kind would have forced the 2 minute warning, so 4th and 2 would have been within the final 2 minutes of the game, and thus the play would have been reviewed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to bad spot : Even if it was, WE put the game in the refs hands by going for it. Dumb call, bad outcome...
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

hindsight is always 20-20.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsoxfan63. Show nhsoxfan63's posts

Keep blaming the refs. Your arrogant coach cost them the game. LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from atz640. Show atz640's posts

The Patriots were in this game and had it slip away from them, and I really think if the Patriots and Colts cross paths again we won't see history repeat itself.

Dumb call by an idiot official.  Oh and let's not forget some of those pass interference calls.  You know, the ones where he was going for the ball.  I guess the defender having a right to the ball is lost on these idiot officials.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

[QUOTE]They just went over the stats on 98.5 the sports hub and 76% of the time that the Pats go for it on 4th down with 2 yards to go they convert that play. And when they pass in that situation they converted 69% of the time so again it was the right call. And no he should not have punted.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

i completely agree with you. That was the right call, risky, but considering the situation, it was the correct call. I dont think the pats got robbed with the spot of the ball but i do think it could have gone either way, its a game of inches.

I do think the pats will rally around all the criticism that BB is taking this week, much like the week heading into the Chargers game back in 07' when BB heard alot of negative remarks regarding the spygate case. the pats rallied around him and they responded with a big win.

go pats!

In Bill we trust!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bad spot : I completely agree that the pass on 3rd and 2 was a bad call.  We were in panic mode.  If the defense was getting ready for a pass or a run, a QB sneak would have been awesome (we get 2+ yards on it frequently).  Also, a 3rd and 2 run play of any kind would have forced the 2 minute warning, so 4th and 2 would have been within the final 2 minutes of the game, and thus the play would have been reviewed.
    Posted by NoHoldingCalls[/QUOTE]

You need to contact the patriot's front office immediately and leave your cell number, so that BB can call from the sideline to receive your guidance on all offensive play calling.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoHoldingCalls. Show NoHoldingCalls's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bad spot : You need to contact the patriot's front office immediately and leave your cell number, so that BB can call from the sideline to receive your guidance on all offensive play calling.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]
    Did you think the short pass on 3rd and 2 was a good call?  Seriously?  Not one of those Welker Screens that was getting 10+ yards all game?  Not a QB sneak?  Not some other play we hadn't done yet that would have caught the defense off guard?
    Do you think we should have continued with the same mix of 4 to 5 plays that the Colts defense was easily predicting?
    Remember when we used to watch highlights and there would be at least two plays that would make you chuckle in that "Hell yeah!" sort of way?  Whether it was faking a ball spike, a direct snap, reverse, etc, these plays were always snuck in.  And frequently, they worked.  Also, it prevented the defense from narrowing down the plays to 4-5 different ones, most of which can easily be determined by your offense's formation.
    The offense in the 2nd Half was stale in many ways, and has been often this year.  The reason we don't necessarily notice it is because we have been playing average to weak defenses and we have some rediculous offensive weapons.  In other words, we have been getting away with having an uncreative offense and we got caught on it this week.
    Bring back some complex plays to keep the defense guessing.
    And cut Maroney.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jck1962. Show jck1962's posts

Not only was it a bad spot but that pass interference call was BS also, it should have been offensive pass interference.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

At first I thought BB had made a really silly decision when he went for it.  After reflection, though, I agree with the decision.  I would have guessed that the Pats would make that 80% of the time.  And if they didn't, he was probably thinking another likely scenario is that the Colts would score quickly thereafter and Brady would have a little time to work his magic.  Honestly, if Addai had scored two plays prior to the eventual winner (he was only one yard away), I don't see the colts preventing the Pats driving for the winning FG.  Going for it in that situation would probably precipitate a win about 90% of the time IMHO.  Manning getting 1:30 to drive 70 yards or so (if BB punted) would probably be a win for the Pats 50-60% of the time. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuntonFirstDown. Show PuntonFirstDown's posts

Would have been better if the Colts had scored right away and given the Pats more stime to come back for a winning score.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]If you had Tom Brady and your offense had played as well as it had all game last night I dont think you would have cared about where the ball was at. 76% of the time they go for it on 4th and 2 they convert for the 1st down. I repeat 76% of the time. So it was THE RIGHT CALL.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

Guess the odds caught up to them

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KUL00. Show KUL00's posts

Kevin Faulk made the catch. He bobbled it on the 32, got control on the 31/30. Hence, it was a very close 1st down, but he made it. 

So typical of the Colts. They get all of the calls for some reason & they still lose every year in the playoffs. 

Hello Atlanta Braves of Football. We all know you will make it to the playoffs, but that is where it ends.

Mark my words the pats blow out the colts next game (which would have happened in this game if Maroney did not Fumble & Brady did not throw an interception).