Bal-Hou. Who to root for?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Bal-Hou. Who to root for?

Who do you root for in regards for the potential bye week. Yes it seems like a long shot now, but still possible.

Bal already beat us and them beating HOU would give them the inside shot at the #1 seed. 

Even if HOU is a product of their schedule, they have a pretty favorable schedule going forward.

Part of me wants BAL to win because they still have games against Pit(2),  SD, Den, Was, NYG and Cin. They also may be without Lewis and Webb for the season, increasing the likelihood that they lose some of those games.

The other part of me hates Baltimore and can't find the heart to root for them.

AFC looks like it'll be a crapshoot this season as every team looks equally average. So a bye can be huge in preventing the Pats from being lit up by an Andy Dalton or Mark Sanchez in the wild card round.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: Bal-Hou. Who to root for?

you have to hope Hou wins because there is no way the Patriots will win a playoff game in Baltimore. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Houston. The Ravens are thoroughly detestable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Houston, its never too early to think about playoff seeding. And the Ravens are thoroughly detestable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Houston, its never too early to think about playoff seeding. And the Ravens are thoroughly detestable.

[/QUOTE]

Root for Houston! The Ravens may have 2 games left against Pittsburgh, but I don't see the Steelers beating them. If you think the Patriot Defensive Backfield has problems, the Steeler Defensive backfield just may be the worst in the league. I did notice that the Baltimore defense is awful against the run. KC had over 200 yards and Dallas just ran the ball down their throat yesterday. Personally I still think the Patriots and the Packers are two of the top teams in the league. I agree with some of the posters on the frontburner, that the Patriots need to keep the pedal on their offense in the fourth quarter. The Patriot passing attack is almost impossible to stop. I think teams would rather see the Patriots trying to run the ball, it's those quick passes that are killers.   As for Defense, the NFL seems to be turning into a flag football type of league. It's almost impossible to play tight coverage without the refs throwing a flag. Without a pass rush, the DB's don't have a chance!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

you have to hope Hou wins because there is no way the Patriots will win a playoff game in Baltimore. 

[/QUOTE]

Even with Webb out for the season and Ray Lewis possibly the same? Dream on, NE can win in any stadium if they play smart. That said they can apparently lose in any stadium too, ugh.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

I will root for BAL, they will loose 3 or 4 of the next 10 w/o Lewis and Webb.

TEX has an easy schedule and i only see maybe 1 more Loose before going VS PATS.

LISTEN TO ME !!! we can still be the #1 seed

Pats 12-4

Tex 12-4

Bal 11-5

Denv 10-6

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Houston, I can't root for Balt and their whiner coach.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Even with Webb out for the season and Ray Lewis possibly the same? Dream on, NE can win in any stadium if they play smart. That said they can apparently lose in any stadium too, ugh.

[/QUOTE]

The injuries in Baltimore change everything.  Root for Baltimore to beat Houston.

The patriots will need home games in the playoffs - they aren't going to run the table on the road.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

I would say root for Baltimore .  I think even if we had to play them in their,house in a playoff game we should beat them.  We almost beat them already,this year and with their,injuries it should be a little easier.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

It's too early to worry about playoff positions. Therfore I will root for the same team i would root for if the Pats were undefeated: Houston. Can't see myself rooting for the Ravens this year unless it's late in the season and the Pats need it just to make the playoffs. I dislike the Steelers much less now that Hines Ward is no longer there. I actually like their head coach. He is surprisingly forthright in his interviews and his team is still good. Not to go off on too much of a tangent but I wish Bill did say something interesting occasionally in his interviews. I respect him and am curious to know what he was actually thinking on certain situations.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Here's the brilliant formula I use:  If New England isn't playing in the game, and there's no real way to determine (too early) if the matchup will affect NE 1 way or another, then...

I hope for the team whose home city is closer to my own, and/or the team who's been a legit "unfulfilled" SB contender for currently a little longer...

A: Baltimore.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

It is like watching a Yankee intra-squad game

I hope they both lose

But if forced to choose, I would take Houston

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here's the brilliant formula I use:  If New England isn't playing in the game, and there's no real way to determine (too early) if the matchup will affect NE 1 way or another, then...

I hope for the team whose home city is closer to my own, and/or the team who's been a legit "unfulfilled" SB contender for currently a little longer...

[/QUOTE]

You realize that this can lead to rooting for the Jets, assuming the Pats have a good lead in the division standing come December like the past two seasons (or 8 of the last 9 seasons).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Tough call. I was going to say Houston because the Ravens are in trouble with all of their injuries and we could move up to the two seed if we can put a winning streak together . Now that I think about it the Ravens may lose several games and we could pass them anyways. If the Patriots can get it together and go on a streak to include beating Houston, then the texans could be caught along with the number one seed. Sounds far fetched now but it's a long season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Forget Suggs and Lewis...without Webb the Ravens are going to be even more porous on D.

That is the one playoff game away I think the PAts can win.

If they beat Hou it will kind of disprove my theory that they are weak but hey...I hope they have one more fluke win and beat the Texans. The PAts still have a chance of catching houston and getting a tiebreaker over them for homefield.

At this point I just want the PAts to make the playoffs and peak at the right time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Laz, on a different note I owe you on the JEts going winless in the division bet. Need to figure out how you can collect.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Laz, on a different note I owe you on the JEts going winless in the division bet. Need to figure out how you can collect."

See, here's the issue...  RE: all the greater aspects of-  Money matters, Wagers, Verbal Promises & Guarentees, And finally Any & All material items owned...  For some unfortunate reason, the 1/4th aspect of my Native American heritage, rules the roost here & has the ultimate say on these things...  Which, haha-ahhaha...is not a good thing.

For instance:  I know that we made a bet...but I'll just leave it up to you to fill me back in on all the surrounding details (pretty smart, right?). 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"You realize that this can lead to rooting for the Jets, assuming the Pats have a good lead in the division standing come December like the past two seasons (or 8 of the last 9 seasons)."

Noooo (silly)...  Because I don't consider any player OR fan that has ever donned a Jets uniform, living human beings, Nor do I consider any of the things they do while vested in that uniform, within the broader spectrum of the term, "Playing Football."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

[QUOTE]

"Laz, on a different note I owe you on the JEts going winless in the division bet. Need to figure out how you can collect."

See, here's the issue...  RE: all the greater aspects of-  Money matters, Wagers, Verbal Promises & Guarentees, And finally Any & All material items owned...  For some unfortunate reason, the 1/4th aspect of my Native American heritage, rules the roost here & has the ultimate say on these things...  Which, haha-ahhaha...is not a good thing.

For instance:  I know that we made a bet...but I'll just it up to you to fill me back in on all the surrounding details (pretty smart, right?). 

[/QUOTE]
    I've got to go far back to get the link. Go to your account and look under messages for details.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"I've got to go far back to get the link. Go to your account and look under messages for details."

Niccce...the bet details, too.  What I mean is- There are messages under my name (other stuff too), WhenTH did all this happen?! <I should probably apologize/thank ma6dragon, at this stage>

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

i will root for a very tough physical double overtime game where both play real hard for a 6-6 tie