Balanced Offense is Good BUT...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

Balanced Offense is Good BUT...

I keep reading posts about how the Jets Run D is weak, awful or pathetic. Yes they got gashed vs Oakland but in their other 3 games they've given up a little under 3.1 yards per carry.  FYI they are giving up less YPC than the pats defense.  I agree that balance on offense is ideal, but I find it amusing that people who say the Pats D shouldn't be judged because of one game are so eager to dismiss the Jets run D because of one game.  We should run, but it isn't going to be a walk in the park.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Balanced Offense is Good BUT...

Balanced to me means staying somewhere between a 45-55% running game so this week if they lean closer to the 50% I would be all for it.

As King pointed out the Jets front 7 is hurting and is a wet paper bag. With Mankins, Waters, Solder and Gronk they should be able to open up some large holes and force the safties to play the box which opens up the play action. If done right Brady should tear up the secondary while BJGE and Ridley gut the trenches (think Oak, or even Dal before Romo threw up on himself)

The only thing I really want is to get pressure up the middle against Sanchez. As we've seen when Sanchez is playing from behind and panics to make plays he'll make bad mistakes if pressured

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Here we go again.  SO against a good run defense, just give up before the game is played?

This is why we lost last year in the playoffs.  Sometimes you have to do what you do!  Noone said we will run for 300 against the Jets, but why not try?

Even if they stuff it, you are still telling them you are committed.  Thats the key.

We have to start dictating.  This is half the problem now. Brady is too good and has too much leeway to change plays. We've all seen it.  All it takes is one defensive player to move forward one inch and BOOM!  Brady backs up, signals the back to pass protection, tells the WR's to run their routes and Viola!! the defense has now succesfully forced you out your game.  Sometimes regardless of the look you must DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO!!!   Been saying it for years.  You let the Defense dictate to you, you are DONE!

This is why our defense is bad. We dont discourage anyone from what their doing. We just play our same ol crapp y , stale, no blitzing defense and when we blitz and dictate to other offenes we have success..  Its not rocket science!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

In Response to Re: Balanced Offense is Good BUT...:
    Here we go again.  SO against a good run defense, just give up before the game is played? 
    Posted by JayShizzle45

Where did I say we shouldn't run it.  I was arguing that it wasn't going to be as easy as some other people were implying.  I argued that they were too caught up in the stats from one game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

My bad.... a lot of miscommunication today..

Rusty I wasnt talking about our defense dictating and just so you know getting turnovers doesnt mean you are dictation anything.

I meant our Offense needs to dictate more instead of having Brady check to a pass at the first sight of any defender creeping.  A.) it takes you our your gameplan   B.) They may not even blitz. alot of times they are creeping that player up to get Brady to check and then they back off resulting in turnovers.  Its happened a lot. 

I am not bashing our defense, but please dont tell me we are dictating anything on defense. Turnovers are Turnovers.  Dictating is making the offense do what you want based on your gameplanning and agressiveness and we are far from agressive.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The Pats are just better than the jets despite the poor play by the D and O-line in last years playoffs. The jets will struggle to be better than .500 this year and will likely miss the playoffs.

Now, if you swap the QBs, the jets would be better.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

Relax guys, another day or 2 the Fat Loud Mouth will hold a press conference an tell us all how it's going to pan out. So we might as sit the starters