Baltimore/New England Predictions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Baltimore/New England Predictions

Baltimore is 2nd/3rd in the league in penalities and that's sure as hell not going to change for our game. Late hits, illegal contact, pass interference, and illegal hits on the QB are their forte.

Their pass rush is not what it used to be, not even close to what we faced in 2007. Our offensive line as it was against Jacksonville did really well against the blitz so I'm not that concerned.

We are running the ball pretty well but the only thing that scares me here is the play-calling. We seem to mysteriously ditch the run at odd points in the game. We are also 3-4 deep at running back so we can mix in some different styles and looks, and keep fresh bodies out there.

I know Wes opened things up for Randy and vice versa but lately, the Patriots offense has sprinkled in the tight end every so often and I think we're just going to increase those looks a little more. Combined with our running game, that's not a bad game plan anyway. That's tough, physical playoff football. Also, Edelman is no Welker but considering he was a playing QB in college last year and considering he's coming into a very complex offense and putting up serviceable numbers, that's good news for us. He can help get the job done. The wildcard here is Aiken/Stanbeck. Aiken HAS to hang onto some of those balls. He's dropped a handful the past few weeks. passes that hit his hands.

If we take Mason out of the game like what Oakland did today, their pass offense is very ordinary all of a sudden. It's not anything to fear as it is but without Mason in the game, it's even worse.

Our run defense is pretty good so although Rice is going to get off a few decent runs, we're not so bad in that area that we'll get gashed.

I think Pats win by 10 with a long drive at the end of the game for 3 points to seal it. 27 to 17.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Baltimore/New England Predictions

Oh and contrary to what the bandwagon Patriots fans are saying, our defense isn't THAT BAD. It's not great but it's certainly serviceable. We're not going to see Wilhite lined up with the best, we're going to have Wilfork and Warren plugging up the middle, we're going to have Bodden in as well. The defense has actually progressed pretty well throughout the year.

It's enough to keep Baltimore down. As for Chargers/Colts, like Bill says, "We're focusing on this week's opponent. Yeah."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

21-13, Pats.

Flacco just isn't very good which means the Pats can concentrate on McGahee. 

It is also going to be a miserable day of weather.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

You're going to see a lot of formations and plays that you haven't seen all year. I couldn't watch the game but I don't remember hearing the word blitz at all. Pats ran a simplified offense and defense giving the Ravens nothing new to prep for.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Here is the Baltimore recent injuries list copied from Yahoo Sports:

Brandon McKinney             Dec 20, 2009            Injured Reserve             Back

Lardarius Webb   Dec 22, 2009            Injured Reserve             Torn right ACL

Matt Katula             Dec 25, 2009            Questionable             Forearm

Haloti Ngata             Dec 25, 2009            Probable          Ankle

Justin Harper             Dec 25, 2009            Probable          Foot

Kelly Talavou             Dec 25, 2009            Questionable    Knee

Edgar Jones             Dec 25, 2009            Questionable    Back

Justin Bannan             Dec 25, 2009            Questionable    Illness

Matt Birk             Dec 25, 2009            Probable          Neck

Todd Heap             Dec 25, 2009            Probable          Chest

Mark Clayton             Dec 25, 2009            Questionable    Knee

L.J. Smith             Dec 25, 2009            Probable          Ankle

Kelley Washington             Dec 25, 2009            Probable          Ankle

K.J. Gerard             Dec 26, 2009            Injured Reserve             Hamstring

Jared Gaither             Jan 1, 2010            Probable          Foot

Tavares Gooden             Jan 1, 2010            Questionable    Groin

Oniel Cousins             Jan 1, 2010            Questionable    Knee

Cary Williams             Jan 1, 2010            Questionable    Thigh

Trevor Pryce             Jan 1, 2010            Probable          Illness

Derrick Mason             Jan 1, 2010            Questionable    Knee

Terrell Suggs             Jan 1, 2010            Questionable    Thigh

Ed Reed             Jan 1, 2010            Questionable    Groin

Jarret Johnson             Jan 1, 2010            Probable          Back, knee

I could have saved time by just listing the healthy Baltimore players.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wasecl. Show wasecl's posts

Pats one and done. Barely beat the ravens with Welker. How do you replace 100 plus receptions with a guy with a broken arm...and more than a few drops this year. Also Brady seems to have lost the 4th QTR comeback touch. What has happened?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Wasecl, you can't look at it like that considering when the two teams last played. The Saints destroyed us but let's say we played them next week, I would favor the Patriots slightly considering the past 3-4 games.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Best guess, the Pats have been laying in gimmick plays all last week for the playoffs, never mind this coming week.  Did you see any flea flickers against Houston?  Any downfield passes by either Edelman or Isaiah Stanbach? 

Wilfork and Warren made the trip and were active, but did you see them on the field?  (sorry, neither was active).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Pats will rebound and play a very good playoff game and come away with a win next week. Final score 24-14 Pats.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from boom95. Show boom95's posts

Pats will win. Round 2 we have a chance they have Norv Turner.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Wasecl jump off the bandwagon will ya?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

20-17 Patriots

Without Welker winning more than 1 game in playoffs will be almost impossible.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Patriots 27 Ravens 10

provided Wilfork, Warren, and Aiken play.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Well it's not as optomistic without Wes but I think we ran vanilla O' and D's that last week or so and will come out with a victory.

Go Pats!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

we control Rice, we win.

Pats 31
    Ravens 17

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BS10FAN. Show BS10FAN's posts

The patriots must commit more to the run in the playoffs to get away from the predictability of their offense..we have alot of fresh backs so we better use them..
    the pats have had success running the ball lately..play smart and no big runs from rqy rice...Edelman will have a good game!!

Pats should win by 10

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

After Moss gets the ref to call pass interference, for the second time which leads to a second touchdown, the Ravens will fold. Edelman will get a touchdown too.

The media will write the gutsy improbable Patriots overcoming adversity to win and move on.

34-17...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

I expect our well rested front 7 can limit the Ravens running game then we win easly.

I also expect the Ravens to try and hurt Brady.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Flacco doesn't move to well at all. If he get's time, the kid is tough, but as soon as you put even a little pressure on him, he makes some bad decisions. I agree that the key will be to control Ray Rice. The Baltimore defense is still good, but nothing like years past. I would forget about the Texan loss, great players seem to turn it up a notch, once the playoffs began. The Patriots are almost unbeatable at home, so that will be a big plus for this weeks game. I think the Patriots will rebound and beat the Ravens by at least two touchdowns. I don't know if weather will play a big part because Baltimore plays in a division where all the teams play in unfavorable weather conditions. Too bad about Wes Welker, even as a Steeler fan, I just love to watch this guy play. Tough as nails, and plays hard on every play.