Banta-Cain is back

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Banta-Cain is back

Shocker!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

Re: Banta-Cain is back

OK sorry for being an idiot and not knowing why the heck this happened...  Can someone explain the release-resigning?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Banta-Cain is back:
    [QUOTE]OK sorry for being an idiot and not knowing why the heck this happened...  Can someone explain the release-resigning?
    Posted by Payment84[/QUOTE]

Geez, don't be an idiot.  How can you not understand why you would release someone yesterday and resign him today?  :^)  Just kidding.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

[QUOTE]OK sorry for being an idiot and not knowing why the heck this happened...  Can someone explain the release-resigning?

Yeah what's wrong with you! BB is an open book. We ususally know exactly what he's up to!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from falline. Show falline's posts

I think by giving him a new contract they could change his cap hit on this year and he has been playing well enough they probably wanted to do this anyway. Something is brewing. They are making cap space...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

And there was MUCH joy in the land!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zeoli42. Show Zeoli42's posts

They couldnt find the trade they wanted for JG so they released him they were expecting JG to be traded to free up a spot for TBC and give him and a new contract to a long term deal They also are prolly going to bring Brandon Tate in so then they have a young true 3rd WR

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Christmas might be kinda lean for a lot of folks this year, me included but I'm hoping for an early gift receiving  season for all Pats fans come 4:00 p.m. today.

Ah the possibilities....but Santa... Randy Moss could really use a bookend on the other side...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nipasan. Show Nipasan's posts

falline hit it on the nose...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Tate might be that bookend after the bye so I am not sure they do anything unless they can work a friendly deal out for Branch.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

they are making cap space for sure...............

this will not be the last move they make before the trade deadline....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

i think this also gets me leaning towards adalius thomas being traded.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

We chill, we wait, we get answer and all is well TBC is still a Pat.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtfmaroney. Show wtfmaroney's posts

EVERY ONE GET OVER DIEON BRANCH HE SHKS BALLS!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]i think this also gets me leaning towards adalius thomas being traded.....
    Posted by Patsfan24-7[/QUOTE]

This makes sense.  But I have never been right.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mixjuan. Show mixjuan's posts

Why is anyone still talking about Deion Branch?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

If I had to guess I'll agree with the other posters that this had something to do with creative  cap accounting. Especially with the trade deadline and rumored no cap year approaching

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

[QUOTE]Why is anyone still talking about Deion Branch?
    Posted by mixjuan[/QUOTE]They will not take on Branch's contract. No Way ,unless Seattle eats a big chunk of it

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

Leave it up to Mike Reiss to give us the info while boston.com waits to find out what we post here so they can break the news:

Mike thinks that Banta-Cain's contract was a vet league-minimum 1-year agreement, which means a contract extension couldn't be worked out until after the league year is over.

By terminating the contract it allows the Patriots to resign him to an extended contract. He thinks the Pats saw the value in him and how well he's been playing, and both sides agreed to just get something done now.

I totally agree.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

[QUOTE]Leave it up to Mike Reiss to give us the info while boston.com waits to find out what we post here so they can break the news: http://espn.go.com/boston/columns/patriots/blog?post=4580051&name=reiss Mike thinks that Banta-Cain's contract was a vet league-minimum 1-year agreement, which means a contract extension couldn't be worked out until after the league year is over. By terminating the contract it allows the Patriots to resign him to an extended contract. He thinks the Pats saw the value in him and how well he's been playing, and both sides agreed to just get something done now. I totally agree.
    Posted by mjxg[/QUOTE]

Mystery solved!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tfindian. Show tfindian's posts

@MJXG - Reiss might have been a second quicker....but I liked Gasper's explanation better. I also like Boston.com's layout better......it's easier to navigate. I hope Gasper keeps it up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prophet76. Show Prophet76's posts

They wont be able to trade AD... it will cause a HUGE caphit!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Banta-Cain is back : They will not take on Branch's contract. No Way ,unless Seattle eats a big chunk of it
    Posted by patriots44[/QUOTE]

Way too much money for a third receiver. I wish they had found a way to keep Gaffney

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]Tate might be that bookend after the bye so I am not sure they do anything unless they can work a friendly deal out for Branch.
    Posted by DaBlade[/QUOTE]

What is a bookend?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Catman5454. Show Catman5454's posts

Who's on first...................????