BB at GM

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

Re: BB at GM

In response to NedNiederlander's comment:

In response to whodeawhodat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

[QUOTE]

If Brady had never played for the Pats, BB the GM and coach would have been fired a long time ago.

VERY likely.

[/QUOTE]

BB drafted Brady, so that makes no sense.  That's like saying Walsh would have been fired as he was rebuilding his team in the mid 1980s, struggling to get back and win a SB for a few years.

Heck, we got to one in 2011 with no camp off a lockout, had it in the bag, and Brady, the guy you claim made BB, crapped his pants with his buddy Welker in the 4th.

So, you lose there, Diapers.

[/QUOTE]

in the 6th round crusty.  It isnt like he had a clue that this would be the best QB in the history of the patriots.  And while you are gloating about your master drafter, why dont you show your HoF QB some respect.  The guy IS the reason your TEAM has been successful.  Without him you dont make it nearly as far into the playoff or maybe even make the playoffs. 

[/QUOTE]

No, the reason is a lot more about roster and cap management. We've seen numerous paper tiger teams (like yours) that were all flash and come playoff time, were one and done.

GOmer Manning had that problem for years, but all we heard about was how great Polian was. Was he really that great?

BB took this team to 11-5 with Matt Cassel, so you lose.

[/QUOTE]

Wow, you really had your eggs scrambled here lately.  Paper tigers are teams that look great on paper but cant put wins together.  At least when we made our run we actually won some games in the playoffs.  It was about the same time that YOUR team was 1 and done.  Really was so ironic all the mud slinging some fans did with "gomer" and that turned into the pats.  serves you right lol.

As far as roster and cap management, YOUR QB took a paycut for HIS team.  The least the team(read GM) could do is spend that money.  For pete's sake, talk about a slap in the face...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pats in a tough salary cap situation next year, and they dont have Brady to renegotiate anymore. Hern left them with a sizeable bill to pay...so they are working next years cap now...smart planning, but doesn't improve the team this year...look for Wendell to be resigned to an early deal using some cap $$$ this year...most likely Nink as well....maybe McCourty, but I think he is more difficult to sign.   

I understand the salary cap fairly well...and get guidance on topic from some real experts I speak with semi regularly. WHat I dont get is at this point in time, who do you think the PAts should sign that is available? The time to spend was months ago in free agency, when a difference maker could have been had. Imagine if they signed Kelly and ABranch ($3M)? WHat if they signed Pollard ($2M) rather than Wilson? But now, to spend for the sake of spending doesnt make sense to me...am I missing something?  

Tears!

Who are these 'experts' you speak with regularly, RKrap?

Andrew Brandt (semi regularly). That is one of the reasons on why I school you every time on cap issues

Cris Carter is not an expert on literally anything.

He is surely an expert on how to play WR in the NFL, and how to baby sit Randy Moss

Are you telling the board Pollard was a better option than borderline HOF player, Adrian Wilson?

Yes, 100%. Wilson is out of football...washed up last year. Everyone saw it, every one said it, only the village idiot, you, refused to believe it, holding on until the day he was cut. Granted, every week he looked worse and worse, you kept on back pedaling, but as usual even your very then lowered expectations on Wilson could not be met (you went from giddy at the signing to he might help out as a dime back). You were wrong again. Wow, I have been saying that with regularity these past few months. You have been wrong on pretty much everything, huh?

[/QUOTE]

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to TheGronk87's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

this is the case, why keeping trading back, we could have a better receiver option in Patterson, who could contribute right now to the team.Sorry but Edelman isn`t a true 2 receiver,( look at his drops, he catches with his body). but no let`s stockpile picks and try to get someone in later rounds, if he hadn`t sucess trading back in the past why not pick guys with higher picks like 2012.

Welker has a higher drop rate than Amemdola or Edelman. You are looking to troll and it won't work.

Welker fumbled a punt the other day.

When Gronk returns it will change the current landscape and some of you will look like idiots, as per usual.

Boyce and Thompkins have shown good ability to run consistent routes, short mid range and deep. Same with Dobson for that matter. Dobson isn't as good as Thompkins with separation, but they will hoepfully come.

[/QUOTE]

I really liked the divorce between Brady and Welker, I think Amendola is a great player and will contribute a lot, And I really like BB coaching, he is one of the best in the game, but I think he isn`t that good like GM, that`s my point.

[/QUOTE]

The problem is your point has no merit. It is based on conjecture and not fact. Going by the facts as they are today, BB is the best HC and GM in the business right now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

this is the case, why keeping trading back, we could have a better receiver option in Patterson, who could contribute right now to the team.Sorry but Edelman isn`t a true 2 receiver,( look at his drops, he catches with his body). but no let`s stockpile picks and try to get someone in later rounds, if he hadn`t sucess trading back in the past why not pick guys with higher picks like 2012.

Welker has a higher drop rate than Amemdola or Edelman. You are looking to troll and it won't work.

When Gronk returns it will change the current landscape and some of you will look like idiots, as per usual.

Boyce and Thompkins have shown good ability to run consistent routes, short mid range and deep. Same with Dobson for that matter. Dobson isn't as good as Thompkins with separation, but they will hoepfully come.

[/QUOTE]

I really liked the divorce between Brady and Welker, I think Amendola is a great player and will contribute a lot, And I really like BB coaching, he is one of the best in the game, but I think he isn`t that good like GM, that`s my point.

[/QUOTE]

"good like GM"?

Name another GM who built a dynasty in the cap era. How can the best GM with the best resume in the CLEARLY more difficult era (vs pre 1993), not be one of if not the best of all time.

Brady fumbles a ball at the goal line on a snap, throws Wendell under the bus and now it's "BB isn't a good GM again".

I can guarantee you I am not the only one tiring of this little troll angle, which is all some of you have left.

NE wins 11+ games every year because of the total package BB is a GM here.

We were in the SB in 2011 with only a Brady/Welker chokejob in the 4th as to why we didn't win that game.

We were IN THE AFC title game last year and lost Gronk, Talib and Jones for it. If 2/3 of those players were available we may have won that game and go back to the SB.

[/QUOTE]

dude, scott pioli was here as a GM, when they won SBs.....who challenged BB in his tenure here.  Too bad there is no one down there to challenge BB anymore....

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

The problem is your point has no merit. It is based on conjecture and not fact. Going by the facts as they are today, BB is the best HC and GM in the business right now.

Which facts are those?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Patriots suffer worst win in their history!

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I really liked the divorce between Brady and Welker,

[/QUOTE]

I agree on Welker, I like all chokers to play for other teams.