BB calls Welker hit a cheap hit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Re: BB calls Welker hit a cheap hit

In response to MileHighMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What was Talib doing wearing his numbers on his legs? you flippin idiot.  Cause that's where Welker hit him.  Tell me, loser, are all "PI" plays dirty or just the ones that you want to cry about?

[/QUOTE]

Welker put his pads and helmet in Aqibs chest.  Thus the rib injury.  His leg was planted poorly for such a hit, thus the knee injury.  As for pick plays, or PI plays, yes they happen all the time.  They are part of the game.  They rarely involve one player running into another full speed as if he is tackling him.  If that happened often we would need to double the number of players on a team because the seconday would be a revolving door due to injuries.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

By definition, an illegal hit that causes injury is a dirty play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

when it happened, I thought it was a cheapshot. I didn't think anyone during the game did enough to say it was a cheapshot, and after the fact, it remains a cheapshot that altered Pats' way of defending the pass.

[/QUOTE]

It was a cheapshot plus he was using an oversized helmet that he wears to protect his concussion history

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Never seen BB call out a guy thou.  I thought the hit on Gronk was 100 times worse and BB didnt say a word.

BB is so pissed he woulndt even say Welker by name.  He said the "reciever".

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The pick play is not the problem.  The execution by Welker was the problem.  He was trying to send a message - ring Talib's bell. 

Dirty play.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  Normally on those crossing route pick plays you obstruct the opposing player.  Get in their way, knock them off their route.  You don't level and lower your pads to try and take them out like they were a tackling dummy.  That's the definition of a dirty play. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Well designed play.  They live with these type of picks and got away with it yesterday.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Welker has become public enemy No. 1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Everyone keeps saying "wow, BB must really hate Welker for calling him out"

Why isn't anyone saying "Wow, Welker must hate the Patriots because he tried to end Talib's career with a dirty hit"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Welker is a garden gnome, a dwarf, an elf on a shelf...if Belichick thought the play was dirty then he should have Edelman stop running the exact same plays. I really don't believe Belichick would say that - I haven't heard it - I'd be shocked if he said that because all that does is show just how emotionally charged this team/organization was with this whole Welker thing. If it's true (that he said that), then it reeks of losing...a loser mentality...is that what we are going to do after every season now? Walk away and act like a bunch of losers because the better team won (the better built team) won.

Belichick knows what he's got in Talib...he's got a guy that always seems to be on the losing end of the stick...always the one limping off the field...remember that Monday night game against Carolina? Remember last year's AFC title game? Remember all those years of disappointment in Tampa? They all look like what Talib is, a loser. I want the days back when we didn't sign, trade for, pay or make excuses for LOSERS.

[/QUOTE]

he said it.  they've been playing it non-stop on NFL radio. 

The pick play is not the problem.  The execution by Welker was the problem.  He was trying to send a message - ring Talib's bell. 

Dirty play.

[/QUOTE]

Ok he said it...great, just great!

I'm not happy he said it. We are supposed to be the team that does those things to other teams. We used to worry people. How worried did Manning look standing behind his offensive line yesterday? The guy didn't get an ounce of dirt on his pants...seriously.

I don't think our team should be the one crying about questionable hits after loses. We did it last year too when Ridley was knocked into Aruba. Welker is in danger of being trampled by dwarfs every second of his life...now we have to be intimidated by that guy? I don't like it, I don't care if it was cheap...we were doing the same things with Edelman, and I'm glad we were. Edelman might of been the only guy out on that field yesterday that looked like he belonged there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Reminded me of the Bobby Wade hit on Rodney at the end of 2006. Jeff Fisher ordered it and it appears like this was premeditated as well. 

The ball was nowhere near Talib. At worst it was Off PI not called and it should have been a personal foul away from the ball.

You're not expecting people to lunge at your knees when you are away from the play like that.  It was clearly a dirty hit. Do people even know the rules anymore?

[/QUOTE]

no rules broken here. Thomas had his hands on the ball as Wes made contact. 

PI also don't think fox ordered it. You are suggesting fox using a valuable receiver who is one hit away from vegetable lasagna intentionally laying a hit on Talib to take him out? Poppycock.

all this illustrated was bb's sour milk. He looks like a moron because he let Wes walk and signed a more expensive option who had NO catches yesterday. Pitiful.

[/QUOTE]

Welker knew what he was going to do before the ball was even thrown. Come on guys !

Dirty I don't know, it was borderlione but that was a designed play therefore done on purpose.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

The all was right there in the receivers area when welker hit talib.It was a clear good play and he didnt go after his knees right in the chest.If you guys want to talk aout refs dmc should have been called for PI on first drive of the game ,but wasnt called and held to 3 points when it should have been a first down.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Welker is a garden gnome, a dwarf, an elf on a shelf...if Belichick thought the play was dirty then he should have Edelman stop running the exact same plays. I really don't believe Belichick would say that - I haven't heard it - I'd be shocked if he said that because all that does is show just how emotionally charged this team/organization was with this whole Welker thing. If it's true (that he said that), then it reeks of losing...a loser mentality...is that what we are going to do after every season now? Walk away and act like a bunch of losers because the better team won (the better built team) won.

"It was a deliberate play by the receiver to take out Aqib. No attempt to get open," Belichick said. "I'll let the league handle the discipline on that play, whatever they decide. It's one of the worst plays I've seen. That's all I'll say about that."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well designed play.  They live with these type of picks and got away with it yesterday.

[/QUOTE]

A designed play is something that s not altered . Welker changed his stance and lowered his head. I'm not making excuses they deserved to lose they ALL played liked sHhhh .. T 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Belichick knows what he's got in Talib...he's got a guy that always seems to be on the losing end of the stick...always the one limping off the field...remember that Monday night game against Carolina? Remember last year's AFC title game? Remember all those years of disappointment in Tampa? They all look like what Talib is, a loser. I want the days back when we didn't sign, trade for, pay or make excuses for LOSERS.

[/QUOTE]

he said it.  they've been playing it non-stop on NFL radio. 

Dirty play.

[/QUOTE]

Ok he said it...great, just great!

I'm not happy he said it. We are supposed to be the team that does those things to other teams. We used to worry people. How worried did Manning look standing behind his offensive line yesterday? The guy didn't get an ounce of dirt on his pants...seriously.

I don't think our team should be the one crying about questionable hits after loses. We did it last year too when Ridley was knocked into Aruba. Welker is in danger of being trampled by dwarfs every second of his life...now we have to be intimidated by that guy? I don't like it, I don't care if it was cheap...we were doing the same things with Edelman, and I'm glad we were. Edelman might of been the only guy out on that field yesterday that looked like he belonged there.

[/QUOTE]

To be honest, the Pats aren't, so far it's just been BB.  This is seriously personal with Welker.  He must have stole BB's hoodie on his way out the door....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A designed play is something that s not altered . Welker changed his stance and lowered his head. I'm not making excuses they deserved to lose they ALL played liked sHhhh .. T 

[/QUOTE]

A pick is designed . Let me explain , when I say designed I'm saying Welker knew he had to run a pick on Talib.  Of course he has to alter his run pattern to what Talib is doing as the play develops because he has to make sure he picks (hits in this case) Talib. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

and how does this thread go to Welker not signing with the Pats ?   The OP posted about that particular play.  It could have been Decker to run the same play.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

It is interesting what Welker really feels about his place among great WRs in NFL history. I'm sure his numbers warrant him as a great one, but he's the 4th choice for Manning on a probable Super Bowl winner. So he gets his ring as a "role player" and frankly it make it all the more reason for him to go hard and illegal into his hit on Talib to basically make himself part of the championship season. He is ultimately a guy who has hurt feelings and probably feels like he didn't get enough respect due to his size. Well, now he's a jerk. I'll remember that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Just imagine if Wes gets a ring.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Bottom line:

Welker is personally responsible for ending three straight seasons for the Pats:

2 dropped passes and a dirty hit.

No Pats HoF for Wes. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

LOL, schump...*No Pats HOF*

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

....No one is intimidated by Welkie. What did you want BB to do? Order a hit on Welkie for revenge in the game?

[/QUOTE]

Yes. Why not? Frankly, I would have expected the players to make that decision on their own. I can assure you Rodney Harrison would have seen to it.