BB death stare

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

BB death stare

http://www.massholesports.com/2013/12/gif-bill-belichick-gave-tj-ward-friggin.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Re: BB death stare

I thought red lazers were going to shoot out of his eyes and explode that dudes head

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

This is the injury that broke the camel's back, no much hope in the future.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought red lazers were going to shoot out of his eyes and explode that dudes head

[/QUOTE]

Thanks to the aforementioned mass hole sports, I didn't notice that Gronks foot actually drags on the ground as his leg gets hit.  It is actually way worse than what looked like a hit in mid-air.  I am assuming now the worst.  I did have some hope, but now it's time to move on. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

All Bill needed was a scythe.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

saw that during the game. literally surprised BB didn't trot out seldom used Tavon Wilson or Cole to rip up Gordon's legs. yeah, i just said that and yeah, i'm not kidding.

dirty asz hit. his whole body was there but no, helmet to knee, yeah thats always the way to hit. F TJ Ward. F goodell. he is the root of this.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I saw that. I am surprised he didn't say something since the hit was so dirty.  

Has any team had elite players like this taken out with dirty, calculated hits? Remember Bobby Wade being ordered to go after Rodney vs Tenn at the end of the 2006 season?

I've never once see our team go after other team's elite players with shots at the knees like this.

I've also never seen Bruschi so enraged before. I thought he was going to rip Fisher's head off.

[/QUOTE]

There is no doubt that Goodell ordered the hit on Gronk.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Just watched the play.  There is no doubt the cleveland player was intending to hit Gronkowski low.  That said, do you believe he intended to end Gronkowski's career? 

Here's the thing - players can't hit high.  If they hit a player in the mid section who is bigger, then they may not be able to tackle that player.  If they take a player's legs out (which happens in every game by a defender on every team - including the pats) they usually succeed with a tackle.  None of these guys (I believe) hope they cause another player to tear their ACL.  I just don't believe it. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

BB should have put a big "bird" finger in his face.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just watched the play.  There is no doubt the cleveland player was intending to hit Gronkowski low.  That said, do you believe he intended to end Gronkowski's career? 

Here's the thing - players can't hit high.  If they hit a player in the mid section who is bigger, then they may not be able to tackle that player.  If they take a player's legs out (which happens in every game by a defender on every team - including the pats) they usually succeed with a tackle.  None of these guys (I believe) hope they cause another player to tear their ACL.  I just don't believe it. 

[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with targeting below he head, above the waist or trip him up at the ankles?

Most leg tackles aren't a perpindicular shot with the helmet at the knees.  

[/QUOTE]

sorry - I am a believer of the idea that the speed of the game matters.  Further circumstance cannot be eliminated.  Gronkowski was hit just as he was planting his forward leg.  Not dissimilar to Brady's hit.  had it been his back leg and Gronkowski tripped up and ok, no one would have thought a thing. 

Gronkowski is a huge guy.  Go near his head and the player may be fined.  go for the ankles of a running player.  go for the ankles and the player may hurdle the hit.  go for the waist and the defender is run over.  What's a defender to do. 

BTW, I just saw the PI on the browns at the end of the game.  the browns were jobbed.  no doubt. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.massholesports.com/2013/12/gif-bill-belichick-gave-tj-ward-friggin.html

[/QUOTE]

Good find... I love that stair down.  Makes me know he feels the same way I do.  Cheap azz hit from a punk azz player.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with targeting below he head, above the waist or trip him up at the ankles?

[/QUOTE]

sorry - I am a believer of the idea that the speed of the game matters.  Further circumstance cannot be eliminated.  Gronkowski was hit just as he was planting his forward leg.  Not dissimilar to Brady's hit.  had it been his back leg and Gronkowski tripped up and ok, no one would have thought a thing. 

Gronkowski is a huge guy.  Go near his head and the player may be fined.  go for the ankles of a running player.  go for the ankles and the player may hurdle the hit.  go for the waist and the defender is run over.  What's a defender to do. 

BTW, I just saw the PI on the browns at the end of the game.  the browns were jobbed.  no doubt. 

[/QUOTE]

So your conclusion is the only thing a defender can do is plunge his helmet into the knee of the offensive player- okay

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So your conclusion is the only thing a defender can do is plunge his helmet into the knee of the offensive player- okay

[/QUOTE]

LOL, well done.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pats were jobbed earlier on 4 wrong calls. Two PI calls for starters and one where Hightower stripped Little and they said the whistle blew before Hightower even finished his tackle.

We were jobbed vs the Jets and the Panthers.  We were owed something like that all year.

Plust, that throw was only on 1st down, moron. And,  Gomer Manning invented that little move via Polian on the Competition Committee.

You are full of excuses.  It was a dirty hit plain and simple.  

Goodell is also a hypocrite claiming the protection of players and only protecting DL with chop blocks.  Where are the protections for all players?

[/QUOTE]

Jobbed vs the Jets?  Do you mean when Belichick admitted to not knowing the rules and coached his team to cheat, go away with it against the Saints, then got caught against the Jets after already giving up 27 points to them?

Jobbed vs the Jets?  Do you mean when you said that the NFL changed the rule midseason?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pats were jobbed earlier on 4 wrong calls. Two PI calls for starters and one where Hightower stripped Little and they said the whistle blew before Hightower even finished his tackle.

We were jobbed vs the Jets and the Panthers.  We were owed something like that all year.

Plust, that throw was only on 1st down, moron. And,  Gomer Manning invented that little move via Polian on the Competition Committee.

Goodell is also a hypocrite claiming the protection of players and only protecting DL with chop blocks.  Where are the protections for all players?

[/QUOTE]

Jobbed vs the Jets?  Do you mean when Belichick admitted to not knowing the rules and coached his team to cheat, go away with it against the Saints, then got caught against the Jets after already giving up 27 points to them?

Jobbed vs the Jets?  Do you mean when you said that the NFL changed the rule midseason?

[/QUOTE]

The jets are just a  FOOTnote in the patriots glorious history

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:
    [QUOTE]

All Bill needed was a scythe.

[/QUOTE]

lol...with his hoodie...the perfect grim reaper

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Notice Ward not even looking at Bb. if he had, bb would have said something. He was waiting for ward to make eye contact but ward didn't oblige. 

i don't know if it was a cheap shot or Not. I have seen many players lunge or launch at other players knees many times. I think it is the way players tackle now. How many times do you actually see a secondary player make a textbook tackle using both arms to wrap up low? Barely ever now. They simply throw themselves into opposing players and hope for the best Using their helmets, shoulders or whatever. 

Even if it was dirty, what do you do? Fine ward, suspend him? Hardly matters now given Gronk is most likely done and the browns aren't sniffing the post season. Would it serve as a deterrent? Doubtful.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Players are taught from the very beginning if you are going to hit below the waist you aim for the ankles to trip them up, aim for the thighs, use your arms to wrap up so they can't move because hitting just with your shoulder will bounce off, but the 2 things you never, ever do is lead with your helmet (more for your own protection) and never aim for the knee. It's clear he aimed for the knee and it wasn't a I aimed for the thigh and he jumped hit. That was dirty no matter how you look at it. Notice how it came right after Ward got called for PI? He might not have thought he would have done that type of damage but he decided well before hand that was the type of hit he wanted to do to get back for the PI call.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think players ever intend to hurt other players on plays like that.  Gronkowski is bigger than the tackler.  the tackler was trying to take his legs out.  Every defender on every team in every game does this.  It was unfortunate that the hit took place as Gronkowski was planting his leg and had all his weight there.  Given the speed of the game, a tackler cannot time his hit to either guarantee or not guarantee injury - nor can the offensive player react quickly enough to avoid it. 

I don't assume that it was intentional.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

of course.  smh.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Players are taught from the very beginning if you are going to hit below the waist you aim for the ankles to trip them up, aim for the thighs, use your arms to wrap up so they can't move because hitting just with your shoulder will bounce off, but the 2 things you never, ever do is lead with your helmet (more for your own protection) and never aim for the knee. It's clear he aimed for the knee and it wasn't a I aimed for the thigh and he jumped hit. That was dirty no matter how you look at it. Notice how it came right after Ward got called for PI? He might not have thought he would have done that type of damage but he decided well before hand that was the type of hit he wanted to do to get back for the PI call.

[/QUOTE]

dirty but not illegal....   so ..........  what can you say?   Blame the league or the play call.