BB death stare

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: BB death stare

going to be interesting how Goodell rules on this one too........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Ward tried to say taht it was becasue of the leagure rules not to hit high that he aimed low on purpose

I would say he hit him exactly where he wanted to hit Gronk

I would say that at 6'6 plus that he just missed Gronks head

It was a dirty hit period

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

dirty but not illegal....   so ..........  what can you say?   Blame the league or the play call.

[/QUOTE]

I said the same thing in the other thread on the topic, it was legal but legal and doesn't mean you should do it. Just a disgusting player from a disgusting player. I hated when Merriweather did similar things because there is no need for it in the sport. That's how players get hurt and end careers for what end? You could make the tackle without doing damage and I understand the heat of the moment you are frustrated thing, I played, but at the same time there are players who play it right because they go under I wouldn't want it done to me so I won't do it to others. Then there are some who just get frustrated and take it out on others. Given Wards history he seems like the latter and I don't think there is room in the sport for those types of players, similar to I don't think there is room for the Cook's of the world in hockey

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Envision yourself as a Pats player who just totally screwed up in an area where BB had just personally coached you.  I imagine the stare would be similar.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just watched the play.  There is no doubt the cleveland player was intending to hit Gronkowski low.  That said, do you believe he intended to end Gronkowski's career? 

Here's the thing - players can't hit high.  If they hit a player in the mid section who is bigger, then they may not be able to tackle that player.  If they take a player's legs out (which happens in every game by a defender on every team - including the pats) they usually succeed with a tackle.  None of these guys (I believe) hope they cause another player to tear their ACL.  I just don't believe it. 

[/QUOTE]

UD.. on a player as tall as Gronk, there is A LOT of room between the head and the knees.  Ward could have easily hit Gronk in his mid-section.  From 5 - 6 feet away he made a conscious decision to go that low.  Also, he was being engaged by another defender from behind.  It was not like he was one on one.  Anyway...

Did he intend to injure Gronk, most likely not, but, every player who goes low at the knees most likely knows such a hit could result in an severe injury.  Not just a bruise, but an injury.  The art of tackling a player seems to be going away as more and more defensive players are all about making the "big hit" to knock a player down.  Surprisingly, we see the brunt of many big hits are borne by their own teammate on the same play, don't we?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Just watched the play.  There is no doubt the cleveland player was intending to hit Gronkowski low.  That said, do you believe he intended to end Gronkowski's career? 

Here's the thing - players can't hit high.  If they hit a player in the mid section who is bigger, then they may not be able to tackle that player.  If they take a player's legs out (which happens in every game by a defender on every team - including the pats) they usually succeed with a tackle.  None of these guys (I believe) hope they cause another player to tear their ACL.  I just don't believe it. 

[/QUOTE]

UD.. on a player as tall as Gronk, there is A LOT of room between the head and the knees.  Ward could have easily hit Gronk in his mid-section.  From 5 - 6 feet away he made a conscious decision to go that low.  Also, he was being engaged by another defender from behind.  It was not like he was one on one.  Anyway...

Did he intend to injure Gronk, most likely not, but, every player who goes low at the knees most likely knows such a hit could result in an severe injury.  Not just a bruise, but an injury.  The art of tackling a player seems to be going away as more and more defensive players are all about making the "big hit" to knock a player down.  Surprisingly, we see the brunt of many big hits are borne by their own teammate on the same play, don't we?

[/QUOTE]

you bet there's a lot of space between the head and the knees, but Ward's ability to complete a tackle by hitting gronkowski (who is almost 40% heavier than Ward) in that area is alot less likely.  And again, tackles like the one on gronkowski occur in every game from every team, and most occur without injury.  The one on gronkowski was unfortunate.  Trust me.  I have him on my fantasy team and made the playoffs and now likely stand no chance of winning with him out. 

My point is simply that I don't believe the hit was made with a goal of injury.  It was made in a way to best ensure a tackle.  Gronkowski is significantly larger than Ward.  That's an advantage that NE likes to exploit.  Defenders must find a way to get him down and hitting him in the midsection is not smart.  the unfortunate thing is that Gronkowski was stepping on that leg with his full weight at the time of the hit.  That could not have been anticipated. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you bet there's a lot of space between the head and the knees, but Ward's ability to complete a tackle by hitting gronkowski (who is almost 40% heavier than Ward) in that area is alot less likely.  And again, tackles like the one on gronkowski occur in every game from every team, and most occur without injury.  The one on gronkowski was unfortunate.  Trust me.  I have him on my fantasy team and made the playoffs and now likely stand no chance of winning with him out. 

My point is simply that I don't believe the hit was made with a goal of injury.  It was made in a way to best ensure a tackle.  Gronkowski is significantly larger than Ward.  That's an advantage that NE likes to exploit.  Defenders must find a way to get him down and hitting him in the midsection is not smart.  the unfortunate thing is that Gronkowski was stepping on that leg with his full weight at the time of the hit.  That could not have been anticipated. 

[/QUOTE]

Excellent post.  Of course Pats fans are convinced that Goodell ordered a hit on Gronk and they'll never be convinced otherwise.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In Bill's mind, this is one of the superpowers he has.  He also thinks that he is incredibly humble, descriptive, communicative and honest.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA!!!!  One of your bests!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Gronk is by far my favorite player on the Pats. With that being said, I do (not) think this was a dirty hit at all.

Most DBs are 40-50 lbs lighter than Gronk. With Gronk running full speed, if you hit him anywhere but low, he will run you over. If you hit him high, you get fined as well.

The only way to take out a guy that's much bigger than you is to hit him low. Both Ty Law & Troy Brown said the hit was clean, and I agree with them.

It sucks balls that Gronk is out yet again, but hits like this are part of the game, and are going to happen. Sorry folks...hitting Gronk high doesn't work....You can expect more knees getting blown out the way the rules are these days. Personally, I'd hit him low too.....I see no other way to tackle someone that size. Yes, it is a disaster injury for an already depleted team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Players launching themselves at other players has to stop. If the NFL is truly concerned about players safety they would change the rules to allow only arm tackles.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

[/QUOTE]

dirty but not illegal....   so ..........  what can you say?   Blame the league or the play call.

In response to fourjays30's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Players launching themselves at other players has to stop. If the NFL is truly concerned about players safety they would change the rules to allow only arm tackles.

Something is going to need to change to stop the carnage. How many more guys are going to be sacrificed before the NFL takes action? Maybe, the hit on Gronk will be the catalyst?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Face reality folks... Think about the personna of Gronk and yes both off and on the field.  He's careless or maybe carefree.  He's a big big kid with the mindset of superman.  That does not leave you with a very long career; his on field career can be counted in days instead of years thus far.  Every day the guy is awake both on and off the field the probability of disaster is always very very high.  Even the week before he hobled off field at one time.  You just don't throw yourself at the defense in football unless he want to be watching the next game from a hospital bed. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Even with the stare , I bet BB had to do everything he could to hold back the rage he must of felt when he say that, and keep himself from wanting to strangle that weak assss.

I hate hearing the loser's  excuse about not wanting to get a fine for hitting high. No let me just strike the guy in the knee when he's vulnerable. The league needs to address this. It was a blatant chap shot.

Browns coaches need to show their players how to tackle. You tackle by wrapping your arms around the torso, not launching your helmet into someone's knee.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Why is evry saying he launch his helmet into gronk? Have you watched the play ?Yes he launches his body but as you watch he sticks out his shoulder

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

awesome

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to soxrockursox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why is evry saying he launch his helmet into gronk? Have you watched the play ?Yes he launches his body but as you watch he sticks out his shoulder

[/QUOTE]

get your eyes checked

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bawahahaha!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Bill's look says it all, it was dirty, these guys are professional hitters...they know what they are doing. Having said that, it was legal, it just sucks all around.

Anyone hear Bill's press conference today? He sounded like a guy who was terminally ill - the magnitude of this injury is devastating to this team's short and long term future. It sucks.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bill's look says it all, it was dirty, these guys are professional hitters...they know what they are doing. Having said that, it was legal, it just sucks all around.

Anyone hear Bill's press conference today? He sounded like a guy who was terminally ill - the magnitude of this injury is devastating to this team's short and long term future. It sucks.

[/QUOTE]

Agree Mthurl. 

He should sound like that. He has how much wrapped up in 2 TEs that may never play again? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gronk is by far my favorite player on the Pats. With that being said, I do (not) think this was a dirty hit at all.

Most DBs are 40-50 lbs lighter than Gronk. With Gronk running full speed, if you hit him anywhere but low, he will run you over. If you hit him high, you get fined as well.

The only way to take out a guy that's much bigger than you is to hit him low. Both Ty Law & Troy Brown said the hit was clean, and I agree with them.

It sucks balls that Gronk is out yet again, but hits like this are part of the game, and are going to happen. Sorry folks...hitting Gronk high doesn't work....You can expect more knees getting blown out the way the rules are these days. Personally, I'd hit him low too.....I see no other way to tackle someone that size. Yes, it is a disaster injury for an already depleted team.

[/QUOTE]

A couple of notes like this

Hitting low is ok , but spearing with your helmet is not, he did this on purpose

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Here's a better look at the stare, http://nesn.com/2013/12/bill-belichick-gives-browns-safety-t-j-ward-death-stare-after-injuring-rob-gronkowski-video/

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree Mthurl. 

He should sound like that. He has how much wrapped up in 2 TEs that may never play again? 

[/QUOTE]

Roughly 85 million, plus another 5 million in Fells, Schiancoe and Ballard. The worst part is they will probably have to dump another contract in there next year for whoever replaces Hernandez and Gronk...perhaps a draft pick as well.

Bad stuff when you consider they need to draft for the offensive and defensive line too. I'd make an effort to start ridding ourselves of some guys who don't perform to their contracts...Mankins, Arrington...I wouldn't bring back Vollmer or Talib either. Why would you? Both of those guys cost us 5 million this year and they both are an injury waiting to happen. I'd also ax Amendola - he's costing us 7 million a year right now - supposedly it's a contract we can get out of...well get out of it. As far as losing a guy like Spikes? See you later...tough guy...tone setter, but he's a two down player that isn't making any plays. I don't care if he's hurt, that's part of how you are judged (and he gets hurt a lot), if we've learned anything it's that players that have a history with injuries are going to get hurt some more.

Now if any of the guys mentioned above want to take less to play here I'm all for it, but I wouldn't go breaking the bank for Talib, that's for sure. And I no longer care about Vollmer and his price tag, we can find a right tackle for less somewhere that can stay on the field. If Amendola wants to come back at half of what he's making, let him, but if not we can find a slot guy that will play the way he does.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Too bad you couldn't get his head to explode. That would do it!