BB Defensive Genius..NOT!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

BB Defensive Genius..NOT!

Can we PLEASE stop talking about this guy like he is a defensive mastermind. It's just silly when you keep rolling out some of the worst defenses in the NFL. STOP already. You know who you can give that title to?? Guys like Dick Labeau. Proof is in the pudding..and I hate the Steelers but they ALWAYS have a good if not great defense.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: BB Defensive Genius..NOT!

Or maybe he is a good defensive coach, but not as good of a GM?  Do you think Dick Lebeau would have the kind of D he has in Pitt with our roster?  

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Over the past few years I thought we struggled because of the 34 D.

It seems we struggle know matter what scheme we are in.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I wonder if Bill Belichick punched you in your forehead would the 5 rings leave a mark?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

He didn't forget how to coach. Evaluating talent and his scouts is an entirely different story. Either way he has a big hand in the defenses decline.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

In Response to Re: BB Defensive Genius..NOT!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB Defensive Genius..NOT! : And the offense's, but I don't buy either. Rein Brady's ego back in like you did last year when you dealt Moss and kept some health back at LB (Fletcher, Spikes). Deepest D Line they've had in years, a top 10 run D, vastly improved pass rush and red zone D. Stop turning it over, play better STs and watch his D look very good consistently again. Will Brady adjust? Hmmm.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

If it makes you feel better you can lie to yourself and pretend Belichick has done a great job drafting defensive players the last 3-4 years.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Deepest D-line in years?  how so?

Not being a d ick here, but I thought we were thin at D-line until Warren came back and sure we have the great R.Brace back and Deaderick, but I wouldnt say we are deep. I would if all those guys could play.

Lets be realistic.  This isnt Seymour, Warren and Big Ted.

After Vince who is really an impact player.  Warren? the guy who was still on the street a few weeks ago. (I like Warren too, but he isnt special)

Big Al, please- just check the Big Al update thread.

Kyle Love, nice little player who is filling the gap until Bill finds the next stud lineman...Holds up with blockers but not wowing anyone...

Deaderick...i dont know what he is outside.....he looked ok at end in the 3-4 last year and is playing this role for the first time and Brace....Im not expecting much, but he is ok I guess

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to BB Defensive Genius..NOT!:
    [QUOTE]Can we PLEASE stop talking about this guy like he is a defensive mastermind. It's just silly when you keep rolling out some of the worst defenses in the NFL. STOP already. You know who you can give that title to?? Guys like Dick Labeau. Proof is in the pudding..and I hate the Steelers but they ALWAYS have a good if not great defense.
    Posted by smorgan86[/QUOTE]

You just keep beating your anti belichick drum all day.  I never said he was a genius.  If you did, you are allowed to change your mind, but do it quietly please.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB Defensive Genius..NOT! : And the offense's, but I don't buy either. Rein Brady's ego back in like you did last year when you dealt Moss and kept some health back at LB (Fletcher, Spikes). Deepest D Line they've had in years, a top 10 run D, vastly improved pass rush and red zone D. Stop turning it over, play better STs and watch his D look very good consistently again. Will Brady adjust? Hmmm.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

While you are right that the D-line the deep, it is not the best. It was only three years ago that the D-line was Seymour, Wilfork and Ty Warren with Mike Wright and Jarvis Green mixing in.

I do not think this is a top 10 run defense. The are middle of the pack in yards per carry. They have a low yards against because teams do not run against them (5th from the bottom in opponent rushing attempts).

Not sure what you love about the Red Zone defense either. They are middle of the pack in terms of percentage of TDs allowed in the Red Zone. More importantly they lead the entire NFL in terms of opponent trips into the Red Zone. That leads to them being 20th in overall ppg. That would be their worst ppg ranking in the Belichick era (worse than 2000, 2002 or 2005). 

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to BB Defensive Genius..NOT! : You just keep beating your anti belichick drum all day.  I never said he was a genius.  If you did, you are allowed to change your mind, but do it quietly please.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

Right, because 100% of this team's problems lie with Belichick..since of course he has 100% control. Love him or hate him..he's the one to blame here. He picked the groceries, he cooked the dinner

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB Defensive Genius..NOT! : Right, because 100% of this team's problems lie with Belichick..since of course he has 100% control. Love him or hate him..he's the one to blame here. He picked the groceries, he cooked the dinner

Change your name to smoron86.  since you are a moron, and we would love to 86 you.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

My question is, who would you rather have?  Honestly?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB Defensive Genius..NOT! : If it makes you feel better you can lie to yourself and pretend Belichick has done a great job drafting defensive players the last 3-4 years.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

The problem with drafting is partially do to the shift in priorities that college players have had the last decade or so. It's getting hard for anyone to judge how these kids are going to behave once they get an NFL contract. It's all becoming more and more selfish ego tripping.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

King, I would agree with you on this years d-line vs last years. I think Carter is turning out to be the best defensive signing since Rodney back in the day.

I still disagree about this run defense. Yes they had good games against Oakland and the Dallas. Mendenhall average over 5 yards per carry. Jacobs came into the game averaging less than 3 per carry and got 4. Fred Jackson got 6.2 per run. Even Shonn Greene got more than his season average per carry against us. 

I am still confused why you think their Red Zone defense is good. Yes they have made stops at times, but every team makes the occasional stop. The fact is the are in the bottom half of the league in terms of percentage of TDs allow in the Red Zone and they are the worst defense in terms of points per game that Belichick has had.

You are way too high on the DBs. McCourty is good, but is still playing nowhere near the level he was last year. Arrington is getting picks, but in yesterdays game that is totally balanced by the PI call and getting toasted on the Manningham touchdown. Chung is a decent safety, much better at stop the run than he is when the ball is in the air. After that, I do not care what you saw from Adams, there has to be a reason the Patriots have cut and resigned him three times this year. If he were a real third corner they would not get putting him out on the market. Ihedigo, Brown, Molden, etc. are all barely NFL players.

The LBs are also good but none of them are great. Spikes was looking better until he got hurt. Mayo is still not 100% and Fletcher/Ninkovich are capable NFL players (better than the last three DBs) but nothing special.

I think you are making the mistake of seeing the good in the guys simple because they are wearing the Patriots uniform and not really looking at what they are bringing to the table.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to BB Defensive Genius..NOT!:
    [QUOTE]Can we PLEASE stop talking about this guy like he is a defensive mastermind. It's just silly when you keep rolling out some of the worst defenses in the NFL. STOP already. You know who you can give that title to?? Guys like Dick Labeau. Proof is in the pudding..and I hate the Steelers but they ALWAYS have a good if not great defense.

Have you sent in your resume yet? After all since you feel qualified to judge a guy with 5 rings you must be qualified to replace him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

[QUOTE]My question is, who would you rather have?  Honestly?
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats[/QUOTE]

It's not about "who I'd rather have" It's about a fresh perspective. Believe me, there are PLENTY of good football people out there..not just BB, and other teams do win championships WITHOUT BB!
    I'm not going to bark up the Bill Cowher tree (although he'd be a good fit) but there are also good coordinators that are always viable candidates for head coaching jobs (Rob Ryan comes to mind) as well as college (look at what Jim Harbaugh is doing) so don't tell me there is no alternative to the great Bill Belichick

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to BB Defensive Genius..NOT! : Have you sent in your resume yet? After all since you feel qualified to judge a guy with 5 rings you must be qualified to replace him.
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

How long are do we have to listen to the fact that he has 5 rings! So what?? What does that have to do with NOW. Mike Shanahan has rings, Bill Parcells has rings, Don Shula has rings..do you want any of them coaching the Pats?? That means NOTHING.