BB Huge mistake

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

BB Huge mistake

As i watch the sunday night game I realize one of the biggest mistakes BB has ever made is passing on Clay Matthews a GREAT player in a position of need. A guy who looks like he was born to play in foxboro.Instead we got a mediorce DL in Brace and a soft corner who rides the pine in Butler. Also this week we cut terrecen wheatly a high pick from a recent draft. Bill is not as good a drafter as people think.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Re: BB Huge mistake

In Response to BB Huge mistake:
    [QUOTE]As i watch the sunday night game I realize one of the biggest mistakes BB has ever made is passing on Clay Matthews a GREAT player in a position of need. A guy who looks like he was born to play in foxboro.Instead we got a mediorce DL in Brace and a soft corner who rides the pine in Butler. Also this week we cut terrecen wheatly a high pick from a recent draft. Bill is not as good a drafter as people think.
    Posted by Bspikes55[/QUOTE]

Agree - draft is a gamble and nobody gets it right all the time but Matthews is 1 that BB should not have passed on when he fell to the Pats.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well . . .  can't really disagree with  your premise. Mathews certainly has panned out. It's easy enough to look back and play Captain Hindsight. Just think of how many times every team in the league passed on Tom Brady . . .
    and how close the Pats came to drafting Tim Rattay.

Not an exact science . . .

the draft.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Yeah, I think we all regret that one, especially since Matthews was taken with a pick the Pats traded to Green Bay. Overall, though, I think BB is a reasonable drafter. No team gets every pick right . . . and BB has done a pretty good job of getting talent over time. You gotta remember that BB looks at the draft as a multi-year project.  In every draft he's trying to do two things: get talent and put us in a good position to get talent in the next year's draft.  So you almost have to judge BB's draft performance by looking at what he does on average over multiple years.  And if you do that, I think he looks pretty good.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

hindsight is always 20/20 and it is very easy to go criticize a single pick. Yes, it would have been awesome to have him - but remember 25 other teams passed on him as well !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

198 people passed on Brady too. Hind site is just that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to BB Huge mistake:
    [QUOTE]As i watch the sunday night game I realize one of the biggest mistakes BB has ever made is passing on Clay Matthews a GREAT player in a position of need. A guy who looks like he was born to play in foxboro.Instead we got a mediorce DL in Brace and a soft corner who rides the pine in Butler. Also this week we cut terrecen wheatly a high pick from a recent draft. Bill is not as good a drafter as people think.
    Posted by Bspikes55[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind, he's a pass rusher almost exclusively. They may have felt his skill set didn't translate to their 3-4.

In a 3-4 OLB here, your main responsibility will be edge setting, not pin your ears back and spin move into the line.

Great player, though. 

We can play Armchair QB all day, but plenty of other teams passed on him too.

Threads like this are pointless, really. There are really good young players on other teams??!!  No way!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Call Captain Hindsight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY_oKve-bH0

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Let's just get us a FA or a 1st or 2nd round WR with deep speed next year.  We need to go downfield better than now, post-Moss.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

the real huge mistake was not calling timeout before that trick play.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

This isn't even close to the biggest football mistake Belichick has made. 

Clearly his #1 just for football is not drafting Jerry Rice in 1985. He was just voted the #1 player of ALL-TIME and would be great in the Pats arsenal today. Matthews doesn't even come close to the #1 player. He is maybe #14, tops.

He also apparently didn't buy any shares of Microsoft or Apple when they went public. failed to warn the US about 9/11 and wore a white sweater the day he had a chocolate ice cream cone.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

And 238 players were picked before the immortal Tully Banta-Cain.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Enochroot, im still laughing! Thanks

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

this is completely off topic but,

Raptor man, seriously? change the footer, there is no reason to have a footer thats 6 times larger then your average post length.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

6-2 still tied for best record .

I thought I heard on one of the pregames,  WEEI or Sports Hub, that we have 20 draft picks since 2007 on the roster.????

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: BB Huge mistake:
    [QUOTE]This isn't even close to the biggest football mistake Belichick has made.  Clearly his #1 just for football is not drafting Jerry Rice in 1985. He was just voted the #1 player of ALL-TIME and would be great in the Pats arsenal today. Matthews doesn't even come close to the #1 player. He is maybe #14, tops. He also apparently didn't buy any shares of Microsoft or Apple when they went public. failed to warn the US about 9/11 and wore a white sweater the day he had a chocolate ice cream cone.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha Ha!!!!  Thanks for the laugh!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

BB has had bad drafts from 2004-2009.

He was on the money in 2010, however.