BB Is Stupid - He just cost the Patriots any hopes of going deep into playoffs...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

BB Is Stupid - He just cost the Patriots any hopes of going deep into playoffs...

yes, it could've happened to anyone at any time - but in a meaningless game - he cost us Welker.

Yes, we have Edelman - but BB just made it that much harder for us to go deep into playoffs.

Lost Welker....Lost a meaningless game. To me, it was more important going into playoffs HEALTHY

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: BB Is Stupid - He just cost the Patriots any hopes of going deep into playoffs...

you're stupid.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: BB Is Stupid - He just cost the Patriots any hopes of going deep into playoffs...

you're stupid.

No, you're a towel.....that was your best shot???  lmao

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Bubba - just my opinion, and I have no basis for this but personal experience, but that ACL (if that's what it was) was going to blow soon. 

Ligaments do not repair themselves, so if it was partially torn, all it took was one strong plant and cut and that thing was going to go.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Injuries happen Bubba..What are you going to do? Any team in football would have played their starters for the 1st quarter today. The Pats had a bunch of inactives today this was just a freak injury.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

You're a towel!  Love it!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Im saying MCL because it looked like he tore it on the cut he was making. When he cut, it looked liked the side that gave out. Thats your MCL, most rec.'s ACL is the worst for them, but Wes, I think its the other way around. He does so much going east to west, were as 81 is a north, south guy. Either one is a potential "never be the same" injury. Shame. Hope for the best, expect the worst.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

"njuries happen Bubba..What are you going to do? Any team in football would have played their starters for the 1st quarter today. The Pats had a bunch of inactives today this was just a freak injury."

I agree EW, injuries do happen. But like others have said...BB threw the dice...and lost.

If the goal is to get to the superbowl - wouldn't you wan't to give the team the best shot by going into the playoffs healthy? I would have preferred starting Hoyer - and given the second team some playing experience.

I hear ya tho....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

bubba, this is the dumbest thing ive read on here in a while.  we said going into the game that we wanted to see the pats continue their momentum from last week and thats exactly what happened.  if the starters hadnt played and we lost in the playoffs ppl would have been calling for BB's head for "ruining our mojo."

think before you say stupid things.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

"You're a towel!  Love it!"

hehe....I like south park :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

thank you, fowler....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Why can't some people just accept that sometimes, s**t happens...why do you always have to blame someone using hindsight?  It's ridiculous.  NOBODY rests all of their players for the whole game.  Welker's injury could have occurred in practice next week before the playoff game.  He wasn't even touched.  

THIS IS FOOTBALL.  Injuries happen.  I'm devastated about Welker's injury but blaming it on Belichick is just a sad way of avoiding acceptance of the truth.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

"Bubba - just my opinion, and I have no basis for this but personal experience, but that ACL (if that's what it was) was going to blow soon. 

Ligaments do not repair themselves, so if it was partially torn, all it took was one strong plant and cut and that thing was going to go."

I dunno dog, ligament tears are common w/ abrupt changes in direction - happens to basketball and volleyball players all the time. hopefully, we will see him back by middle of next year....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

"bubba, this is the dumbest thing ive read on here in a while.  we said going into the game that we wanted to see the pats continue their momentum from last week and thats exactly what happened.  if the starters hadnt played and we lost in the playoffs ppl would have been calling for BB's head for "ruining our mojo."

Well, actually it's kind of a rhetorical situation in some ways. Dayumed if u do....dayumed if u don't.

But u still have to admit that the loss of Welker hurt just a tad.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Im saying MCL because it looked like he tore it on the cut he was making. When he cut, it looked liked the side that gave out. Thats your MCL, most rec.'s ACL is the worst for them, but Wes, I think its the other way around. He does so much going east to west, were as 81 is a north, south guy. Either one is a potential "never be the same" injury. Shame. Hope for the best, expect the worst.

Sicto - I am only speculating.  I have no idea actually except that I had partially torn an acl without fully knowing it by getting hit from the outside with my leg extended.  Heard some pops.  About a week later, I practiced for the first time and practiced fully.  At the end of practice I was running down field, made a cut to the inside (same as welker) and the acl exploded. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

"Im saying MCL because it looked like he tore it on the cut he was making. When he cut, it looked liked the side that gave out. Thats your MCL, most rec.'s ACL is the worst for them, but Wes, I think its the other way around. He does so much going east to west, were as 81 is a north, south guy. Either one is a potential "never be the same" injury. Shame. Hope for the best, expect the worst."

I figure it's the mcl too....because he was moving from left to right...planted the left leg....and knee bent downward.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Robo84. Show Robo84's posts

I'm not sure stupid is a good way to define BB, but I do think the "genius" title has gone to his head.  He always says he is "going to put the best players on the field to win the game", but when it comes down to it he was using the QB by committee strategy.  What was that all about?  Are you trying to win the game or not?  If so, why is Brady sitting at the end of the 2nd quarter and then at the end of the game?  His substitutions just did not make sense today!
    I thought when we started Welker, Moss and Brady that we were trying to win the game.  I'm okay with that!  Let's go and win the game.  We have to be able to win on the road against a reasonable opponent, so why not against Houston.  But then the changing of the quarterbacks thing just didn't make any sense.
    I love the BB press conferences at the end of the game, especially after a loss.  He is so miserable.  I don't even know why he comes out, other than he is required to.  He tells the press nothing and he repeats the same line over and over.  "We're just trying to win a football game" is all he could say to about half of the questions.  The other half he answers with a one word answer.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I agree EW, injuries do happen. But like others have said...BB threw the dice...and lost

Bubba..This is where I differ in opinion..I don't think he threw the dice. This is the way we have always played and the way 99% of the NFL teams do it. It suckkks that we lost Welker but I don't think there is Blame to be placed here.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Jules, You must have forgot. You're supposed to repeat everything Underdogg says.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

"THIS IS FOOTBALL.  Injuries happen.  I'm devastated about Welker's injury but blaming it on Belichick is just a sad way of avoiding acceptance of the truth.  "

yes, your right...hindsight is always 20/20.

Just a little po'd right now...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It's so easy to "monday morning quarterback" when you are NOT the quarterback OR the coach.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

"'m not sure stupid is a good way to define BB, but I do think the "genius" title has gone to his head.  He always says he is "going to put the best players on the field to win the game", but when it comes down to it he was using the QB by committee strategy.  What was that all about?  Are you trying to win the game or not?  If so, why is Brady sitting at the end of the 2nd quarter and then at the end of the game?  His substitutions just did not make sense today!
    I thought when we started Welker, Moss and Brady that we were trying to win the game.  I'm okay with that!  Let's go and win the game.  We have to be able to win on the road against a reasonable opponent, so why not against Houston.  But then the changing of the quarterbacks thing just didn't make any sense.
    I love the BB press conferences at the end of the game, especially after a loss.  He is so miserable.  I don't even know why he comes out, other than he is required to.  He tells the press nothing and he repeats the same line over and over.  "We're just trying to win a football game" is all he could say to about half of the questions.  The other half he answers with a one word answer.   "

yes, stupid was a little harsh and unfair - but, i was prolly one of the few people in support of the Colts sitting their important starters - and wanted us to do the same.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

"bubba, this is the dumbest thing ive read on here in a while.  we said going into the game that we wanted to see the pats continue their momentum from last week and thats exactly what happened.  if the starters hadnt played and we lost in the playoffs ppl would have been calling for BB's head for "ruining our mojo."  think before you say stupid things."

I don't know, Fowler, your post might be the dumbest thing I've read on here for a while.  Firstly, this notion of "momentum" is a myth.  You start each game at 0-0 after a week of practice - every team has inertia at the beginning of each game.  If by momentum you mean that the team is playing well at the moment, how can you possibly think this game allowed the Pats to continue their momentum?  From a confidence standpoint, it'd be hard to say that the Pats blowing ANOTHER fourth quarter lead helps them as they head into the playoffs.  For that matter, I don't see how Peyton and the starters watching the worst backup QB in the league and a bunch of third team defenders lose a game makes them less likely to play well in the playoffs...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FordGT. Show FordGT's posts

I can't bring myself to care about football.  Can't wait for Opening Day.  Go Sox!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

I would have played em til' the half, said that b4 the game and same thing after. Cant blame anyone for this. We played our most complete game last week, keep it going for the mo', plus we will have 2 beat teams like Houston, if not them to make it all the way. And if we cant beat them, Im sorry, goodnite. Not playing the starters for the whole game would have been silly.