BB is the man!!!!!!!!!! he does it again!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

BB is the man!!!!!!!!!! he does it again!!!!

#17 Solder - will end up being the best tackle selected in this draft. most important position in FB is QB. 2nd most important position, blind side body guard. With Solder and Vollmer NE is set for years to come with top tier talent and reasonable cost. Genius.

#33 Dowling - 1st round talent, easily. minor injuries have plagued his past, but BB doesn't take him #33 without getting a confident medical checkup. Dowling and Mccourty... nasty.

#60 Vereen - fits offense to a T. can do it all, plays bigger than size indicates. can make you miss, but doens't dance too much like maroney.

#73 Ridley - young, inexperienced, tough, down hill, get the job done runner with potential to get even better. With only one bak under contract (5'7' woodhead) NE needed people to run the ball.

#74 Mallett - biggest steal of the draft. absolute perfect fit. with mallett and hoyer, NE is guarenteed to a) have a capable successer to brady and 2) be able to move one of them for future picks.

Oh and it's only the 3rd round and did i mention BB also worked out 2 trades to give NE 2 picks in each of the 1st 2 rounds next year?????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: BB is the man!!!!!!!!!! he does it again!!!!

I'm good.  Offense wins Super Bowls.  Last year TE's this Year RB's = Ball Control.  I'll say we go 15-1 and win the Super Bowl.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

Only thing I disagree with there is #33. McCourty, Bodden, Dowling...even better! I'd much rather see them address the pass rush in free agency than in the draft. We needed to get younger on offense, not on defense...and we've done that. I am really excited about Solder. Especially after Scarnecchia gets his hands on him.

By the way, I find your picture replusive! lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: BB is the man!!!!!!!!!! he does it again!!!!:
    [QUOTE]I'm good.  Offense wins Super Bowls.  Last year TE's this Year RB's = Ball Control.  I'll say we go 15-1 and win the Super Bowl.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

yeah

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

it's pretty clear BB isn't comfortable or fond of starting rookies at OLB. cunningham was an extremely rare case. speaking of cunningham, he had a solid roolie season considering the position he played, and he will be better this season. also, ninkovich is no slouch, he is a capable starter and is also relatively young and still improving. so essentially, NE needs what amounts to a 3rd down pass rusher. the only OLB he would consider in the top 2 rounds is a guarenteed all around stud, and apparently he didn't see one.

you don't take a guy just to take a guy, either you think he will be an impact player or you take someone else at another position.

I LOVE MY PATRIOTS!!! AND BELICHIK AND KRAFT ARE THE MAIN REASONS!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]I'm good.  Offense wins Super Bowls.  Last year TE's this Year RB's = Ball Control.  I'll say we go 15-1 and win the Super Bowl.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Yo what's up tcal!!!!!!!

We'll get some FA defense help.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

how did the worst 3rd down defense in the NFL just get better? arent you getting tired of seeing us getting thrashed at home in the playoffs? that was because our Dline got ran over and our "pass rush" let sanchez look like a pro bowler (which he aint). 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1447. Show mattman1447's posts

All you guys must be on meth...WAKE UP WILL YA!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB is the man!!!!!!!!!! he does it again!!!! : Yo what's up tcal!!!!!!! We'll get some FA defense help.
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Hey Getzo.  People get way to excited by shinny new objects.  Not one of these kids has done sh!t in the NFL and posters are ready to jump off buildings.  Like you said there will be plunty of excellent FA available.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

For the most part, a top QB and good D wins SBs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB is the man!!!!!!!!!! he does it again!!!! : Hey Getzo.  People get way to excited by shinny new objects.  Not one of these kids has done sh!t in the NFL and posters are ready to jump off buildings.  Like you said there will be plunty of excellent FA available.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Thank God someone with a half a brain finally spoke! I'll leave it to Belichick and let him do his thing (not that any of us have a choice anyway!)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Last year we needed 2 TEs. This year we needed 2 RBs. BB knows all. Never question the genius.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

NE was also the youngest defense in the NFL last year. so my answer to how will they be better? coaching, maturation, experience. There is plenty of talent on the NE defense... and ras i-dowling will make a similar impact as mccourty if he stays healthy. he is an nfl starter right now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

I really like the 2 RBs they picked.  It's probably the end of Faulk, Taylor, Morris, and (a big) maybe BJGE.  Comparing them to what we had last year, our running game will definitely improve.  Count on it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

oh and theres still 4 more rounds to find a guy to chase the QB on 3rd down.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Finally a sane post on the board, too many doom and gloomers in here tonight. Belichick got exactly what he wanted out of the first 3 rounds (even if other posters dont agree), plus picked up first and second round picks for next year. He will not 'reach' for a player in the draft if he does not feel the player warrents being drafted at that position. The defense is young and improving. Cunningham, McCourty and Spikes all have a year in the system (plus Butler) and will be able to play more on instinct than thinking about their assignments.  Bodden, Warren and Wright are all coming back from injuries and should be able to contribute, and they signed Marcus Stroud. The O line is a concern with both guards question marks (bringing Mankins back would be huge), but Solder and Vollmer should be good to go for years. I can see them signing a veteran WR and RB for depth, and an olb if one that fits the system is available.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

um isnt bodden a starter right now? and if you are interested in developing players, what about butler? sure he lost confidence but he is loaded with talent. 
    as for front 7 defensive players to develop....aside from the middle backers you have cunningham and....who? who are you developing? landon cohn? please...

[QUOTE]NE was also the youngest defense in the NFL last year. so my answer to how will they be better? coaching, maturation, experience. There is plenty of talent on the NE defense... and ras i-dowling will make a similar impact as mccourty if he stays healthy. he is an nfl starter right now.
    Posted by cantstopme[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats. Show tg19pats's posts

I hope people are right, I must admit I am a little down today.  Maybe reading the 5,000 posts on the draft had me expecting different things but we will not know until the games begin.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

I was originally really peeved about passing up Ingram, but the 2 backs we picked are pretty solid additions to the commitee mentality.

AND if Dowling can stay healthy he is a seriously good prospect. I just don't like rolling the dice.

Solder is a good pick just not very flashy.

I'm still irritated BB can't find a pass rusher to fit "his system". C'mon Bill, isn't that what coaching is all about? Bring in some sure talent and teach them. Stop clinging to drafting by system, are you a coach or what??

Maybe Bill is right; looking back, I'm sure Clay Matthews would have just floundered in our system...(That's sarcasm y'all)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

[QUOTE]um isnt bodden a starter right now? and if you are interested in developing players, what about butler? sure he lost confidence but he is loaded with talent.  as for front 7 defensive players to develop....aside from the middle backers you have cunningham and....who? who are you developing? landon cohn? please... In Response to Re: BB is the man!!!!!!!!!! he does it again!!!! :
    Posted by artielang[/QUOTE]

butler will be a FA soon and he hasn't shown any reason to think he will be resigned. idk if bodden will start week 1, he's coming off a season long injury. we shall see.

cunningham and ninkovich will start at OLB. who will NE develop? whoever they draft in rounds 4-7. ninkovich is still new to the system and did well last year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from itllnevahapn. Show itllnevahapn's posts

cant wait till b
    the scrub sanchize puts 31 against us...quick name me 2 starters on the dl who stsrted week 17...we lack front 7 deoth....ninkovich is our olb...haha

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

We stocked up on a bunch of talented players on D last year so BB probably didn't concentrate on D this draft.  Those rookies from last year did show promise even while learning a very complex system. You'll see a big improvement on our D next year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

They do not have a player that can put pressure on the other QB.  They have absolutely no pass rush.  This is why they lost last year.  They have done nothing to address the anemic pass rush.  Nothing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I'm actually pleased thus far.  Granted I would have been more pleased with a proven blue chip pass rusher, but I can't fault BB if he didn't think one was there.  I can only hope he will try and address the issue in FA, but a lot of our rush will come together with the return of a few key defensive players and furhter development of the youngsters.  I don't see any reason to freak out over this draft at all. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]cant wait till b the scrub sanchize puts 31 against us...quick name me 2 starters on the dl who stsrted week 17...we lack front 7 deoth....ninkovich is our olb...haha
    Posted by itllnevahapn[/QUOTE]

It's funny to me that you spelled "Ninkovich" correctly.