BB is the man!!!!!!!!!! he does it again!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

Re: BB is the man!!!!!!!!!! he does it again!!!!

In Response to Re: BB is the man!!!!!!!!!! he does it again!!!!:
    [QUOTE]They do not have a player that can put pressure on the other QB.  They have absolutely no pass rush.  This is why they lost last year.  They have done nothing to address the anemic pass rush.  Nothing.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

........yet. we've got a long ways before the start of the season. i'm glad NE didn't reach and draft another shawn crable.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

15-1, win the superbowl, thats 18-1
    POETIC JUSTICE

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1447. Show mattman1447's posts

[QUOTE]They do not have a player that can put pressure on the other QB.  They have absolutely no pass rush.  This is why they lost last year.  They have done nothing to address the anemic pass rush.  Nothing.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

Yeah...but why address the obvious when you can just trade current picks for future draft picks?...pure genius!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]Only thing I disagree with there is #33. McCourty, Bodden, Dowling...even better! I'd much rather see them address the pass rush in free agency than in the draft. We needed to get younger on offense, not on defense...and we've done that. I am really excited about Solder. Especially after Scarnecchia gets his hands on him. By the way, I find your picture replusive! lol
    Posted by tmot1234[/QUOTE]

Ok, I can buy this...only thing is, they had better come through with a pass rusher in free agency. Those guys are few and far between and expensive when you go that route. Do you think the pats will pony up and take risks towards their beloved (value) salary cap philosophy? I can see them making a play, but coming up short, when the dollars and picks they have to shell out get too rich.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peduncle72. Show Peduncle72's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB is the man!!!!!!!!!! he does it again!!!! : It's funny to me that you spelled "Ninkovich" correctly.
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

+1

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Some responses to earlier statements in this thread:

1. If there is such a thing as a sexy OT Solder is IT. Tremendously atheletic for an OT. Great work ethic. Big and long (6'8).
    2. Sanchez? Sanchez? 10-6 Sanchez? Got luucky in a handeful of games Sanchez and so squeeked into the playoffs Sanchez? Dating 17 year olds Sanchez? Really? Sanchez? Really?
    3. Getting future picks in the first round is a bad thing? Really? Really? ANd same fir 2nd round picks? Really? So how many players in the NFL were never drafted? How many All Pros? Heck, even TB was drafted! The last coach that thought that that draft picks were a bad thing stopped coaching in the mid 1970s. And he never won a SB.
    4. Hard to say how much the D will improve through a year's experience but it is likely it will. You are tlaking about at least the following VERY young players:
    - Brace, Pryor, Deaderick, Nink, Cunningham, Fletcher, Spikes, McCourty, Butler, Chung, Brown. Since they use multiple packages with different personnel the improvement of any and all these players will have some impact.
    5. The return of some injured players should have an impact. Ty Warren and Bodden in particular. But also Wright - he is a decent inside pass rusher and thsat helps even if it is not a world changing improvement. And the multipe injuries that put almost every DL out for some games also affected run D. Still, injuries will be a part of the game this year too as it is every year. Just not sure how many or how bad or just who. Depth is so important nowadays.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfantiltheend. Show patsfantiltheend's posts

Why does everyone keep bringing up clay mathews? We got some pretty great value in return, including Rob Gronkowski. Mathews had 10 sack, Gronk had 10 touchdowns. Whats better, a sack or a touchdown?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaytonaPatriot11. Show DaytonaPatriot11's posts

Im glad about the positive posts Ill take BB picks over kipers anyday of the century

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaytonaPatriot11. Show DaytonaPatriot11's posts

you know I will never question BBs thinking or draft stratergy but at some point ID like to see BB trade up for our next Seymour and Tippett

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejusox21. Show ejusox21's posts

Who is going to rush the passer???
    I am thinking BB has some FA in mind.
    In Bill we trust...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

3 DL were out against the jets. Wright, Brace, and Pryor. 2 of those guys are the foundation of their 3rd down defense. Boom. 3 healthy players is how you improve.

[QUOTE]how did the worst 3rd down defense in the NFL just get better? arent you getting tired of seeing us getting thrashed at home in the playoffs? that was because our Dline got ran over and our "pass rush" let sanchez look like a pro bowler (which he aint). 
    Posted by artielang[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

They don't have Julius Peppers but Wright, Pryor (remember how he hurt Favre?), Cunningham, TBC, and even Eric Moore will have to be the answer. I wouldn't count on FA at all.

Who did the jets have as a sack artist last year? Just wondering.

[QUOTE]Who is going to rush the passer??? I am thinking BB has some FA in mind. In Bill we trust...
    Posted by ejusox21[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB is the man!!!!!!!!!! he does it again!!!! : It's funny to me that you spelled "Ninkovich" correctly.
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Look for Fletcher to play a bigger role (not necessarily lead role but bigger). Look for upgrade in Cunninghams play. Spikes.... 2nd year makes a difference especially in this D. With Ty Warren back and Wright back look for improvement in pass rush from DL (not enough to turn this into a scary unit but certainly more effective, especially on 3rd down). With Pryor, Brace Warren and Wright all back look for improvement in run D. With Chung having this year under his belt look for improvement.

Remeber, many of these players are VERY young and playing on a D that requires experience. Also recall lots of injuries to DL.

And then add Bodden who is a very very solid CB, a second year for McCourty, a year for Butler to figure it out as he started to late last year, experience for Arrington..... and a well thought of rookie CB who might be challenge for some playing time.

Better coverage, healthier DL, more experience from several LBs...

And just for laughs, which LBs are getting better for the Jets? Which DBs (one, last years rookie). Which DL? Maybe one through the draft. Maybe... So not much improvement for them. They are hoping to tred water on D (and Cromartie and Harris, two very key stars on their D are FAs). The Pats are getting better the same way Sanchez got better than his rookie year. And there are a whole lot of good young players on this D. And add the new CB jsut as the Jets add a new DT.

We can make comaprisons on O and though they would be different it is clear the Pats improved significantly on O. Jets? Lets see, how old is Tomlinson and how did he look in the end. He had a little left but clearly age is showing. 3 WRs are FA for them. They have an old RT. And how are they improving on O? Looks more like they are going backward on O. So hoping to tred water on D with 2 key FAs and getting worse on O. And had a lot of luck in a handful of regular season games without which they are 7-9 or 8-8. Convection takes care of hot air.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peduncle72. Show Peduncle72's posts

Agreed 100%

[QUOTE]Look for Fletcher to play a bigger role (not necessarily lead role but bigger). Look for upgrade in Cunninghams play. Spikes.... 2nd year makes a difference especially in this D. With Ty Warren back and Wright back look for improvement in pass rush from DL (not enough to turn this into a scary unit but certainly more effective, especially on 3rd down). With Pryor, Brace Warren and Wright all back look for improvement in run D. With Chung having this year under his belt look for improvement. Remeber, many of these players are VERY young and playing on a D that requires experience. Also recall lots of injuries to DL. And then add Bodden who is a very very solid CB, a second year for McCourty, a year for Butler to figure it out as he started to late last year, experience for Arrington..... and a well thought of rookie CB who might be challenge for some playing time. Better coverage, healthier DL, more experience from several LBs... And just for laughs, which LBs are getting better for the Jets? Which DBs (one, last years rookie). Which DL? Maybe one through the draft. Maybe... So not much improvement for them. They are hoping to tred water on D (and Cromartie and Harris, two very key stars on their D are FAs). The Pats are getting better the same way Sanchez got better than his rookie year. And there are a whole lot of good young players on this D. And add the new CB jsut as the Jets add a new DT. We can make comaprisons on O and though they would be different it is clear the Pats improved significantly on O. Jets? Lets see, how old is Tomlinson and how did he look in the end. He had a little left but clearly age is showing. 3 WRs are FA for them. They have an old RT. And how are they improving on O? Looks more like they are going backward on O. So hoping to tred water on D with 2 key FAs and getting worse on O. And had a lot of luck in a handful of regular season games without which they are 7-9 or 8-8. Convection takes care of hot air.
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

The thing that tweaks me is how some people are now holding the jets as the gold standard. What?!? They scheme for pressure and rely on great coverage. One can make an argument the pats are doing the same thing. 

Who do the jets have at OLB? Their entire front 7 has one guy you need to scheme for (and that statement probably is a stretch) in Ellis and he's a year older. 

Thanks for bringing up how many young players they have and the likelihood of improvement. The lack of 'need' front 7 picks makes me believe BB likes many of the players already on the roster.

[QUOTE]Look for Fletcher to play a bigger role (not necessarily lead role but bigger). Look for upgrade in Cunninghams play. Spikes.... 2nd year makes a difference especially in this D. With Ty Warren back and Wright back look for improvement in pass rush from DL (not enough to turn this into a scary unit but certainly more effective, especially on 3rd down). With Pryor, Brace Warren and Wright all back look for improvement in run D. With Chung having this year under his belt look for improvement. Remeber, many of these players are VERY young and playing on a D that requires experience. Also recall lots of injuries to DL. And then add Bodden who is a very very solid CB, a second year for McCourty, a year for Butler to figure it out as he started to late last year, experience for Arrington..... and a well thought of rookie CB who might be challenge for some playing time. Better coverage, healthier DL, more experience from several LBs... And just for laughs, which LBs are getting better for the Jets? Which DBs (one, last years rookie). Which DL? Maybe one through the draft. Maybe... So not much improvement for them. They are hoping to tred water on D (and Cromartie and Harris, two very key stars on their D are FAs). The Pats are getting better the same way Sanchez got better than his rookie year. And there are a whole lot of good young players on this D. And add the new CB jsut as the Jets add a new DT. We can make comaprisons on O and though they would be different it is clear the Pats improved significantly on O. Jets? Lets see, how old is Tomlinson and how did he look in the end. He had a little left but clearly age is showing. 3 WRs are FA for them. They have an old RT. And how are they improving on O? Looks more like they are going backward on O. So hoping to tred water on D with 2 key FAs and getting worse on O. And had a lot of luck in a handful of regular season games without which they are 7-9 or 8-8. Convection takes care of hot air.
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrchip1958. Show mrchip1958's posts

What team ever has all the answers? I let you all bring me down last spring with BB sucks talk, never again! In BB I trust!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

dont write off Ron Brace or Kyle Love

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Okay, I'm sure the Steelers and Chiefs are going to just let Tamba Ali and LaMarr Woodley just sneak into free agency because the Chiefs and Steelers don't value getting after a QB either.  And if they do sneak by, I'm sure Bill would open his purse to go after them. 

How could be so stupid as to panic in this situation? I mean, BB is always so aggressive in FA, right? RIGHT?!! RIGHT?!!! It's like when we needed a pass-rush last year and we went after one in FA or two years ago, too. 

Put the Kool-Aid down, guys. Someone dropped some roofies in it. And the guys who keep mocking Sanchez...he was 2-1 against last year. He was 2-1 in the playoffs last year, Brady was 0-1. Yeah, okay, we'll be fine. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

while i do think we can still add a good OLB in the remaining rounds, i do think nincovich and moore looked pretty good last year and should have more time to develop.

here are some guys we can still draft:
    Mark Herzlich OLB (Boston College) 6’4”
    Greg Romeus DE (Pittsburg) 6’5” 267
    Duenta Williams S (North Carolina) 6’1” 215
    Justin Rogers CB (Richmond) 5’10” 182
    Clint Boling OL (Georgia) 6'5" 308
    John moffitt OL (Wisconsin)
    Deron Mayo OLB (ODU) 6’2” 229 4.37
    Ricardo Lockett WR (Fort Valley state)
    Andrew Jackson OG/OT (Fresno State) 6’5” 295

David Mims OT (Virginia Union) 6’8” 348

KJ Wright OLB (Mississippi state)