BB is trading out of 1st round

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: BB is trading out of 1st round

In Response to Re: BB is trading out of 1st round:
    [QUOTE]Sorry but those 3 1st round draft picks were on the field during '09 and produced. What did our trio of Chung, Butler and Brace do? Not MUCH and now BB wanrts to trade out of the first round again and get more trash! I don't get it. This team has not drafted well in 6 years and it shows on the field.
    Posted by jader[/QUOTE]

You want to judge those players after only one season??????????  LOL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

In Response to BB is trading out of 1st round:
    [QUOTE]See CBS Sportsline! I don't know what he's doing!
    Posted by jader[/QUOTE]

My guess is that BB isn't as much looking to trade out of the round, but rather looking to trade the first rounder for a value in the form of an all-star caliber player. It wouldn't make sense to trade a 1st rounder anymore for 2 2nd rounders, or anything lesser. Especially when you see all-pro super bowl MVP Santonio Holmes go for a 5th rounder, and Mcnab traded for 2 second rounders. The trade value for a first rounder has been set really high this year for some reason.

It would male a ton of sense for him to trade a guaranteed first round contract to another team for a player under contract already. Potential partners are Philly, as always of late, and Dallas who is loaded to the gills with defensive stars. I can't wait, because I know a trade won't happen until the Pats selection comes up. It's a wait and see game at this point.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

rpn

that's an interesting point..one i have not considered until you just posted it. I think our 22 is worth a ton. I am curious as to whom you think is worth the 22nd pick on either Dallas or Philly?..or any other team for that matter, a player the Pats would need>..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RealtyPats. Show RealtyPats's posts

Jader you convienently left out Volmer out.  Yes Brace doesn't look.  As for chung and butler I think the pats are pretty high on both.  Merriweather did nothing his 1st year and had a decent 2nd year and a break year last year.   This is suppose to be the deepest draft in years and we need to fill a lot of holes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

I didn't want to sell my business ..... But when a foul offered me a deal i couldn't refuse i accepted.
    Same goes for BB he won't deal for the sake of dealing, But if a Uncle Al or some other team comes calling with a too good too be true deal... Consider it sold

In BB i trust

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

The problem with trading down also has something to do with quantity.  After a while, we will accumulate too many players.  I think BB trades at least half of the first 4 into next year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

Georgia Tech WR Demaryius Thomas "displayed major progress" from his broken foot in a workout on Sunday, a league source tells Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post.
    Roughly 13 NFL teams were in attendance, according to the report. Thomas did not run the 40-yard dash because his foot is not fully recovered, so he merely did positional drills. Thomas was invited to New York for Thursday's first-round and plans to attend. Our own Evan Silva has Thomas going to the Patriots at No. 22.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

As I have been saying for the last month since i joined this board... my favrotie college wide out will be coming to NE hopefully
    lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

I didn't want to sell my business ..... But when a foul offered me a deal i couldn't refuse i accepted. Same goes for BB he won't deal for the sake of dealing, But if a Uncle Al or some other team comes calling with a too good too be true deal... Consider it sold In BB i trust
    Posted by hoyle

Look for either olsen or scheffler to be on our team on draft day.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I forget who put it this way actually a couple touched on it... but, it makes sense to me that one of two things happen. They trade up to the 8-12 range or they trade back to very late first or more likely early second (first pick of second @ #33 makes the most sense).

You know he could do both depending on the situation and who he wants. Theoretically he could use #44 and a first in 2011 and a their 4th round pick this year to move up to #8 and then use their pick at #22 to move back to #33 and a 3rd round pick. 

This draft has so many options available to the Pats it will be fun to watch.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

If Puncey, Graham and kindle are gone at 22, I am all for trading back unless someone dropped that we didnt expect.  Which by the way would be likely if all 3 are gone at 22.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Posted a few weeks ago on the mock draft thread I think the Pats end up with 5 2nd round picks, whether they use them all is another question.  Part of the reason is there's not a clear stud a player that is so far above everyone available in the 2nd round.  Pouncey might be the exception but I don't think he'll be available.  There are a lot of solid players available in 2nd and even 3rd and 4th round and some positions depth is available well into late rounds. IMO the Pats look to aggressively move with multiple picks in those rounds and still have their 4 comp picks in later rounds.
    It is not far fetch to expect (with the right selections) to gain 4 starters and other players rotating into different formations.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

It wouldn't surprise me at all of BB moved UP in the first round, actually. Those three #2 picks give him that kind of ability, and he's not stupid: he knows the weakness with his team is the pass rush and that if he wants to get an instant upgrade in that area, he need to be selecting in the Top 15, probably. Also, you have to believe that he wants to acquire a 3rd round pick, too. I can see him sending two of the #2 picks, plus the #22 overall pick to move up 10 spots to #12 (or wherever), and also acquiring that team's 3rd rounder. That would give them a Top 15 pick in the first round; a second rounder; and a 3rd rounder. Plus, they are stocked with picks in Rounds 6 and 7, so they still have some flexibility if they want to move back into the 5th round on Day 3.

CBS Sportsline is just speculating, and their track record of predictions has never been that great. The immortal Pete Prisco writes for them, afterall.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

This is the most amazing forum on the planet.  We have no-kidding bonafide General Managers and NFL Directors of Player Personnel and even coaches posting here who know infinitely more than BB about drafting, signing and utilizing football talent.

Have all of BB's draft picks and f/a signings worked out?  Nope.  Will he move out of the second round?  Perhaps.  Will he acquire talent, no matter what he does, that will keep this team competitive and in contention to win the S/B for as long as he is in charge here?  You can bet the farm on that!

I hope he does move out of the first round because, by many accounts, there is potential first round talent that will be on the board well into the second round.

And whoever said last year's second rounders were a bust obviously was watching different players than the Volmer, Butler and Chung I was watching.  The jury's still out on Brace but, for crying out loud, that's only the first year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

I would really hate to sit through the whole draft thursday night,Just to find out they traded the first rd pick for a 2011 pick,and a later round pick this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The draft is a crapshoot.  I get very disappointed year after year, but I guess BB is right.   Why not trade out? More picks means less of a chance to F things up.
    Posted by PatsFanGermany

True, the draft is a crap shoot, but the odds are higher near the top of the draft. If you look at a list of pro bowl players over the past decade or two, you'll see there are a lot more first round picks on that list than second round and more second round than third.  This isn't to say that some first round picks aren't busts or some sixth round picks aren't Hall of Famers (Ryan Leaf vs Tom Brady) . . . but the first round produces a much higher percentage of top players than lower rounds.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

Brandon Graham has New England Patriots written all over him. I thin he didn't test well enough @ the combine for the superficial teams...

If he is gone i can see BB trading out of 22 for another 2nd & a 3rd. He always stockpiles picks & this is a deep draft.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

This is the most amazing forum on the planet.  We have no-kidding bonafide General Managers and NFL Directors of Player Personnel and even coaches posting here who know infinitely more than BB about drafting, signing and utilizing football talent. Have all of BB's draft picks and f/a signings worked out?  Nope.  Will he move out of the second round?  Perhaps.  Will he acquire talent, no matter what he does, that will keep this team competitive and in contention to win the S/B for as long as he is in charge here?  You can bet the farm on that! I hope he does move out of the first round because, by many accounts, there is potential first round talent that will be on the board well into the second round. And whoever said last year's second rounders were a bust obviously was watching different players than the Volmer, Butler and Chung I was watching.  The jury's still out on Brace but, for crying out loud, that's only the first year.
    Posted by ATJ

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Volmer was very good. Anyone who tries to sell me on Chung, Brace and Butler is a blind BB loyalist. We should have kept the 1st rounder last year and we NEED a Pouncey this year, a fixture at center for years to come. Fans who think the oline is fine ought to look at Brady's battered body and how we have finished the past few years.

We have Mankins, Neal and and an emerging Volmer as good OLers.  Light was Ok and is still servicable but he's fading, Kaczur is horrible and Koppen is too small, too unathletic and not tough enough. Pouncey would set us in the right direction. We need other help too but #1 talent not a pocketful of #2's that warm the bench.

Most posters here rave about Chung, the guy we got for a starting QB and a starting OLB (Cassel and Vrabel). What, exactly did Chung do last year and when will he be a starter??

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Volmer was very good. Anyone who tries to sell me on Chung, Brace and Butler is a blind BB loyalist. We should have kept the 1st rounder last year and we NEED a Pouncey this year, a fixture at center for years to come. Fans who think the oline is fine ought to look at Brady's battered body and how we have finished the past few years. We have Mankins, Neal and and an emerging Volmer as good OLers.  Light was Ok and is still servicable but he's fading, Kaczur is horrible and Koppen is too small, too unathletic and not tough enough. Pouncey would set us in the right direction. We need other help too but #1 talent not a pocketful of #2's that warm the bench. Most posters here rave about Chung, the guy we got for a starting QB and a starting OLB (Cassel and Vrabel). What, exactly did Chung do last year and when will he be a starter??
    Posted by jader

Don't know exactly when Chung will be a starter.  Probably about the same time Cassel gets benched, and Vrabel retires.  So soon, this year or next.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I am getting a bit tired of hearing that this draft is the deepest ever. McClain will not be better than Patrick Willis (170+ tackles) neither Morgan, Graham or JPP will be better than Demarcus Ware. Suh is basically Seymour so he is legit. The draft might be deeper, but like any other draft draft there are still few big impact players. And you have to look at it in terms of positional value: more D Line prospects than WR prospects  or more quality LT prospects than RB prospects etc...the depth lies with certain positions. I do expect the Raiders 2011 pick do be more of an impact player than anyone we draft this year even though this draft is deeper and should yeild quality future starters.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The media rumor-mongers (Mike Lombardi at NationalFootballPost.com) now say that Wonderlic Tim is going in the 20s, and so a number of teams are going to connive to grab a 20s pick.  Nice rumor.  BB, all of your phones are ringing!  Uncle Al is on line 1, the Buffalo GM is on line 2, ... And you've got 15 minutes left on the clock.  Cue the Final Jeopardy music while BB gets his answer ready.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Is it Thursday yet??!!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

Is it Thursday yet??!!!!!
    Posted by NEGAME
    I cant wait for it.its not getting here fast enough.