BB just announced it was his fault

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

BB just announced it was his fault

Just read how BB declared he had misinterpreted the new rule and as a result puts the blame on himself for coaching players to do just what Jones did....still a shame ref made the call when they did...I can't stand the Jests and their fans...5-2 will have to do

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: BB just announced it was his fault

that's what good coaches do....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Here come all of the people who have been having a heart attack since yesterday to tell us that Belichick is being a good coach and/or GM and admitting fault when he knows it wasn't his fault.

Pats fan:  He didn't push anyone!

Player:  I pushed him.

Pats fan:  The rule says THIS.

Rule book:  No I don't.

No matter how anyone wants to spin it, this is what we know as fact:

1.  The rule says you can't do that.

2.  The player did that.

3.  The player said he did that.

4.  The coach said it was his error.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here come all of the people who have been having a heart attack since yesterday to tell us that Belichick is being a good coach and/or GM and admitting fault when he knows it wasn't his fault.

2.  The player did that.

[/QUOTE]

Moving on.............  Dolphins are no joke... better get ready, and healthy quickly.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Brady2Welker47's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just read how BB declared he had misinterpreted the new rule and as a result puts the blame on himself for coaching players to do just what Jones did....still a shame ref made the call when they did...I can't stand the Jests and their fans...5-2 will have to do

[/QUOTE]

What else is he supposed to do?  I suggested he get ejected yesterday for effect, but did you expect anything less with him taking blame yet again when he did nothing wrong here?

I'd bet money Kraft was on the phone last night or this morning on the Pats' behalf.

The NFL should be mortified for changing the wording of a rule because the Jets suggested so.

[/QUOTE]

Rusty, get a grip.  What evidence do you have that the Jets wanted the rule changed back in the summer when it was changed? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Why is the best coach in NFL history always the last to know about the rules of the game?  Weird.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What else is he supposed to do?  I suggested he get ejected yesterday for effect, but did you expect anything less with him taking blame yet again when he did nothing wrong here?

I'd bet money Kraft was on the phone last night or this morning on the Pats' behalf.

The NFL should be mortified for changing the wording of a rule because the Jets suggested so.

[/QUOTE]

Boy, I'm glad he didn't listen to you.,  He would have really looked silly today now that he admits the rule is real and they broke the rules.

You are a dork.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why is the best coach in NFL history always the last to know about the rules of the game?  Weird.

[/QUOTE]

Curious, who do consider the top 5 coaches?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

bad call but responsible HC move

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

It's not like BB has never misinterpreted a rule before . . . wasn't there something about videotaping signals from the sideline he didn't get quite right either?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

2.  The player did that.

[/QUOTE]

great post but u forgot

RUSTY: it was a fix by Goodell-the NFL is based in NY and everyone including God Himself is anti-BB/anti-Pats out of jealousy!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's not like BB has never misinterpreted a rule before . . . wasn't there something about videotaping signals from the sideline he didn't get quite right either?

[/QUOTE]

Laughing

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's slippery.  I bet he did understand it.  My guess is that he went with the idea of, "If I get caught, I will say I interpreted it differently so I don't look like a cheater."

It's not like a mastermind like Belichick is a dope.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]

2.  The player did that.

[/QUOTE]

There is only a few nonobjective irrational fans falling into that category on the boards today.

Most are simply pissed about the excuse the other side is giving.

The idea of hanging your hat on "well that is the way the rule is exactly written, and rules are called to the letter of the rule blah blah",  is the bigger problem in most peoples minds.

FACT: BB fell on the sword today to be done with it and move forward. Remove the distraction and lay it to rest.

FACT: BB said that is how they have coached it and how they have been running it. ** apparently incorrectly **

So if BB is saying it was coached that way and they have been doing it that way, and rules are called to the letter of the rule, why exactly has it not been called previously against the Patriots? Who knows about the rest of the league and every other game that has been played this season.

If rules should be called to the letter of the rule, there should be holding called on almost every single offensive play run from scrimmage, every game. In fact on the FG play where Jones got called for unsportsmanlike, one of the Jets blockers had his arm outstretched and around one of the defenders heads trying to block him. If they called holding, for example, to the letter of the rule, the games would seemingly never finish because of all the penalties. There are countless other examples.

There is always spirit of the rule associated with rules in the NFL.

People just want consistency from refs with regards to rules. We simply do not want them to interject themselves into the outcome of games unnecessarily.

Nothing more.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotrain. Show patriotrain's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's slippery.  I bet he did understand it.  My guess is that he went with the idea of, "If I get caught, I will say I interpreted it differently so I don't look like a cheater."

It's not like a mastermind like Belichick is a dope.

[/QUOTE]

you're a moron. how convenient !!!  made the call for the 1st time just what the jets needed, a little extra help.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

2.  The player did that.

There is only a few nonobjective irrational fans falling into that category on the boards today.

The idea of hanging your hat on "well that is the way the rule is exactly written, and rules are called to the letter of the rule blah blah",  is the bigger problem in most peoples minds.

FACT: BB fell on the sword today to be done with it and move forward. Remove the distraction and lay it to rest.

FACT: BB said that is how they have coached it and how they have been running it. ** apparently incorrectly **

So if BB is saying it was coached that way and they have been doing it that way, and rules are called to the letter of the rule, why exactly has it not been called previously against the Patriots? Who knows about the rest of the league and every other game that has been played this season.

If rules should be called to the letter of the rule, there should be holding called on almost every single offensive play run from scrimmage, every game. In fact on the FG play where Jones got called for unsportsmanlike, one of the Jets blockers had his arm outstretched and around one of the defenders heads trying to block him. If they called holding, for example, to the letter of the rule, the games would seemingly never finish because of all the penalties. There are countless other examples.

People just want consistency from refs with regards to rules. We simply do not want them to interject themselves into the outcome of games unnecessarily.

Nothing more.

If reports are true, the league made it a point of emphasis for the officials this week.  You know they review the games every week to see if the refs are calling things correctly. Maybe they saw violations of this rule going uncalled, so they instructed the refs to look for it and call it.  It's bad luck for the Pats, but I don't think it rises to the level of a conspiracy, and I think the claims that games are being fixed to favour the Jets are in tinfoil hat territory. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

[/QUOTE]

great post but u forgot

RUSTY: it was a fix by Goodell-the NFL is based in NY and everyone including God Himself is anti-BB/anti-Pats out of jealousy!

[/QUOTE]

JINTS

Well, living right here in the Big Apple I can tell you the New Yorkers cannot stand to be #1 all the time. Arrogance, bluster and hubris are essential to this mentality. It cannot stand up-start Boston putting it in it's place.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

2.  The player did that.

[/QUOTE]

Nothing more.

[/QUOTE]

Pretty much sums it up from my perspective.  Apparently, and I've not gone to the trouble of reviewing it because it really is time to move on, there is footage of Jets players doing what Jones was flagged for on Pats FG attempts.  Again, it's just a source of irritation and it is time to move on.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]

If reports are true, the league made it a point of emphasis for the officials this week.  You know they review the games every week to see if the refs are calling things correctly. Maybe they saw violations of this rule going uncalled, so they instructed the refs to look for it and call it.  It's bad luck for the Pats, but I don't think it rises to the level of a conspiracy, and I think the claims that games are being fixed to favour the Jets are in tinfoil hat territory. 

[/QUOTE]

I am absolutely positive that is what happened. They saw it still going on and wanted refs to make a point of it.

No issues with that. However, and I do not know this was not done. As refs you approach each coach prior to the game and remind them again that the league has specifically told us to look for and enforce "x" type calls. You have been forewarned.

This still does not deflect from my previous post though. The penalty was called in OT. There was a fair amount of scoring that went on in the game. Someone on these boards pointed out that apparently Jones did this on other plays, extra point or something earlier in the game. That would corroborate BB's comments about them coaching it that way and that they have been running it that way also. One of the officials crew members is specifically tasked with watching the interior of the line for such things. Exactly how would it go missed on any other extra point, FG, or punt in the game, if done? Just a lil consistency would be nice, if indeed that is how it went down.

As far as conspiracy, fixing games, etc. That is ridiculous to me. Absolutely horrendous call to make taking into account spirit of the rule, consistency of the call, situation of the game, etc.  Just my opinion.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

2.  The player did that.

[/QUOTE]

The only issue I have with it is why weren't they calling it all game, that's all. We broke the rule we should get penalized the only thing I've ever asked for the refs to do is be consistent in calling a game from the start of the coin flip to the last whistle for both sides. In my mind this call ultimately created the lose it wasn't the thing that lead up to that lose. The Pats put themselves in plenty of position to do that themselves. The only thing I'm pissed about it that ultimately that lose happened because a penality that hadn't been called all day on either side (which both were guilty of prior) was suddenly called in overtime. Either call it all game or don't

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Did they change that rule midseason, but only on the website?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

2.  The player did that.

[/QUOTE]

The only issue I have with it is why weren't they calling it all game, that's all. We broke the rule we should get penalized the only thing I've ever asked for the refs to do is be consistent in calling a game from the start of the coin flip to the last whistle for both sides. In my mind this call ultimately created the lose it wasn't the thing that lead up to that lose. The Pats put themselves in plenty of position to do that themselves. The only thing I'm pissed about it that ultimately that lose happened because a penality that hadn't been called all day on either side (which both were guilty of prior) was suddenly called in overtime. Either call it all game or don't

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps it hadn't happened earlier.  It was a desperate situation, was it not?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Perhaps it hadn't happened earlier.  It was a desperate situation, was it not?

[/QUOTE]

I DVR'd it, both sides did it on every FG try. For example if you watch again the Jets did it on the FG that tied the game, it was a desperate situation, was it not? Again it was a penalty just if you are going to call it, call it all game and if you don't then don't call it in overtime. Yes I would say the same thing if it happened to the Jets instead of the Pats, I'd obviously be happier about it, but I'd still say it was the correct call but wonder why the refs chose to only use it then and not throughout the game

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

2.  The player did that.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, my guess is that Rex tipped the zebra's off prior to the snap.  Not too early where it would lose effectiveness or bring attention to his own team.

The ref seemed to be anticipating it and immediately pulled the trigger.

Did you see any of the Ryan face with the miss?

Ace in the hole.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

[QUOTE]

Because Goodell makes a call to bag a game.  Note how all the weird penalties on the Pats came in the second half.

[/QUOTE]

What about the PI call on Hill to negate a TD?  That flop would have made Reggie Miller proud!