BB just announced it was his fault

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Re: BB just announced it was his fault

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did they change that rule midseason, but only on the website?

[/QUOTE]

No. THey changed the wording last week from "players not on the line of scrimmage" to "teammates".  

Fact.

They then realized they had to trace their steps back and cover their tracks, so the original article was edited to cover themselves with the new version of the rule that is clearly different than the original from the Sept 3rd one, which was the  one teams agreed to for the season.

YOU LOSE

[/QUOTE]

How did they change my book?  What does your offical NFL rule book that you got before the season say?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

on ny radio

steven a and Mike Francessa said that it shouldn't haver been called - bad officiating

MF said yo should never call a rule for the first time in an OT game, especiaaly on a 6 yd fg

That he didnt belive taht it waws the first time it had happened this year in over 400 tries and taht he was looking at jets blocking attempt earluer in the game and it was less than the pats but still a push.

He also said that Pats fans after spygate and the tuckj rule cannot say anything

but some bozo called up and said that BB waa warned during the game - yeah right

This call is big enough that some real, i mean real reporters should investigate and report

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

The league would lean on Kraft to be a league first guy and BB did what he had to...bite the bullet and move on...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

on ny radio

steven a and Mike Francessa said that it shouldn't haver been called - bad officiating

MF said yo should never call a rule for the first time in an OT game, especiaaly on a 6 yd fg

That he didnt belive taht it waws the first time it had happened this year in over 400 tries and taht he was looking at jets blocking attempt earluer in the game and it was less than the pats but still a push.

He also said that Pats fans after spygate and the tuckj rule cannot say anything

but some bozo called up and said that BB waa warned during the game - yeah right

This call is big enough that some real, i mean real reporters should investigate and report

[/QUOTE]

Francesca hates the jets, of course he is going to say that.  oh jeez i think i just performed a rustyism....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I still think it sux and changing some of the wording by NFL makes even more sketchy.  Fine Pats lost !  Jets won their superbolw yesterday whoopi !

Funny this was not called last week.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

bb fell on the nfl sheild- maybe - but it is best for the team for him to take the hit- whether true or not

but still for this rule to be callled for the first time, in over 400 attempts, in OT on a 56yd miss, in a game with playoff implications is bad officiating

the nfl likes to believe it is infallible, but they have, are , an in the process of making more bonehead mistakes - like allowing rookie players to get $50M+ contracts and allowing the union to het 50% of the revenue before the last contract. They are perfectly capable of lying and covering up there mistakes and hiding behind media who will protect them.

<br/>

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Perhaps it hadn't happened earlier.  It was a desperate situation, was it not?

[/QUOTE]

I DVR'd it, both sides did it on every FG try. For example if you watch again the Jets did it on the FG that tied the game, it was a desperate situation, was it not? Again it was a penalty just if you are going to call it, call it all game and if you don't then don't call it in overtime. Yes I would say the same thing if it happened to the Jets instead of the Pats, I'd obviously be happier about it, but I'd still say it was the correct call but wonder why the refs chose to only use it then and not throughout the game

[/QUOTE]

That's why this is sketchy.  see above the pic on my previous from last week against against the Saints.

Maybe Russ is right Ryan - Rex.  LOL  this story gets better and better

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Eliminates distraction so they focus on preparations for next weeks game. Fans should just follow BB's lead.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As far as conspiracy, fixing games, etc. That is ridiculous to me. Absolutely horrendous call to make taking into account spirit of the rule, consistency of the call, situation of the game, etc.  Just my opinion.

[/QUOTE]

Consipracy at league level, probably not. Fixing, I have to wonder. It does not have to be fixing to change who wins or loses. 

I would not surprised at all if news breaks that points have been shaved on games because of gambling. Where there is big money involved, big money finds a way to sway outcomes especially when involving humans having to make decisions. It happens not just in sports. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

great post but u forgot

RUSTY: it was a fix by Goodell-the NFL is based in NY and everyone including God Himself is anti-BB/anti-Pats out of jealousy!

[/QUOTE]

JINTS

Well, living right here in the Big Apple I can tell you the New Yorkers cannot stand to be #1 all the time. Arrogance, bluster and hubris are essential to this mentality. It cannot stand up-start Boston putting it in it's place.

[/QUOTE]

in sports Bahston has done quite well recently but u see when it comes to the:

Celtics: don't mind and rooted for them vs lakers and always loved watching Bird play

Bruins: dont feel hate or like so dont matter much-tho Tim Thomas is a self important idiot

Red Sox: Yankee hating Mets fan and actually like the Sox, especially Pedro and Mannyand  Ortiz and Pedroia..plus the one time my Mets met your Sox in the fall Classic..well see patriots below

so these don't bother this New yorker at all

Patriots: Giants are your Daddy's so no need to go further there!

Now that is in sports...as far as the actual cities themselves please don't compare Beantown to the Big Apple in any way shape or form especially in the eyes of the rest of America and the World as a whole...you'll just embarrass yourself and that fair city of Bahstan