BB / Kraft..go get T Jones and K Rhodes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from InaPatsstateofmind. Show InaPatsstateofmind's posts

BB / Kraft..go get T Jones and K Rhodes

I would love to see both T Jones and K Rhodes on our Pats. Both these players could provide invaluable leadership and production, in addition their knowledge of  The Jests could prove worthwhile.
    T Jones could finally give us our first reliable RB since C Dillon and K Rhodes (after 1 bad season under a new system) could provide leadership and intangibles we sorely need.
    Last but not least if A Thomas is not going to be signed ..ring the phones of Pioli and McDaniels and move him to one of those teams..Keep him away from The Jests

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Re: BB / Kraft..go get T Jones and K Rhodes

too much bad blood between Rhodes and our Pats, though I would love to get Jones

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from InaPatsstateofmind. Show InaPatsstateofmind's posts

I believe Rhodes got carried away especially with that blow hard Ryan leading the way .. Remember how well he played for Mangina and his 3 - 4 Defense + he will have intricate knowledge of that defense + he is the type that would chomp at the bit to show up The Jests for getting rid of him... I say go get him!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

KRhodes is not intresting me but as I have said TJ maybe if they can do it... he is a younger (couple years) Taylor and has a lot less wear and tear for his age. As far as gaining knowledge that is negligible.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

TJ yes.  Rhodes no.  Rhodes will want a lot of money at a position that is currently the deepest on the Patriots roster.  They spent virtually a first round pick on a safety last year (Chung) who will be pushing for a starting spot next to Meriweather.  Throw is Sanders and McGowan and there's no way that the precious few resources the team has to spend will be put toward that position.  They have huge needs at cornerback, linebacker, and defensive line.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

K Rhodes is terrible
    why would you want him on our team?
    id rather have Matthew Slater play Safety than that scrum

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

I saw this coming all year with Jones , I knew they werent going to pay him. I dont think we should pay him big money either , but he could really help a team like ours. And IMHO this move could really help a guy like Maroney who Ive been killing for years , but I think his "potential" could be met playing alongside a guy like Jones. TJ has been a top 5 back the past 4-5 years. He'll pound the rock up the middle , has no problem carrying the ball 20-25 times a game and gets into the endzone. Thats another area that has really hurt tha PATS , kicking 3 instead of putting up 6. Moss has been are only real scoring threat the past 3 years. I think TJ can play at a high level for 3 more years , Id offer him that at about 3-4 million a year. Ive always liked Rhodes , but he does have some issues on the field. Hes a great talent , but unlike TJ he has the potential for someone to offer him a decent deal. He wants big money , but wont get it. The question is whether or not hes just after that and will go to the highest price , or is he after a ring. IMHO hes strictly a FS and cant play up front. Thats where he had alot of his problems , making open field tackles , coming up in the box to make a play and stop the run when needed and diagnosing the play before it happens. Im not sure how good of a fit hed be here because our system doesnt really have a set FS/SS. We expect both to be able to perform each others duties in helping stopping the run , defend the pass etc. Like most positions the S spot can use a major upgrade. This team is really suffering from previous drafts and players like Meriweather who were a product from them. Im sorry but after 3/4 years you know what your getting , even if the guy produces later you were still wrong. First rounders arnt suppose to take 5 years to fulfill their potential , Meri is what he is and thats a decent player. Since most on here have absolutely no clue what their talking about , people are screaming "get a pass rush and we'll be fine". Not true. Id rather have Earl Thomas , who Ive been screaming about the last two years , than Huges or Kindle. I wouldnt take any of the projected OLB's before the late first round , none of these guys impress me much. That position is very hard to translate from college to pros anyway. If it was a Merriman or Ware type player than go for it , but none of these guys have shown me the can dominate in the NFL. I dont think their a ham sandwhich either , but this team cant afford to miss with another first rounder. This draft might be the most important in 15 years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Get Thomas Jones, I love his style of running.

RE and OLBs are a must haves for this team. Maybe a CB if they don't resign Bodden or if they are unsure about Butler.

TE, RT, WR (Tate sounds promising, but no way Belichick drafts him with our top 3 picks) are needs.

HB, QB, ILB are wants. 

S, OG, NT, LE, QB (starting, atleast), Coach (HC, atleast) are all fine.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Jones...Yes. 

Rhodes...NO! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

I don't really get the Thomas Jones thing. I don't see how he's any better than Sammy Morris or any other second string back we could get on the FA market. Seems like there is a different "we should get Jones" thread everyday. I don't understand the fascination.

If we are going to sign a FA back, I'd rather see Chester Taylor. But until they fix the OLine, it's not going to matter who's at running back. Unless they get in a time machine and grab a 24 year old Barry Sanders. Opposing defenses are getting way too much penetration for us to have an effective running game.