BB Must Have High Hopes For Shawn Crable.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

BB Must Have High Hopes For Shawn Crable.....

If he didn't draft one a LB in the 1st or 2nd round of a pretty deep LB draft.   Shawn Crable had all the tools to be a first round pick going into last year's draft, but dropped to the third.   The fact the Patriots haven't signed any big name LB via free agency or take an LBs in the first two rounds, (along with trade Vrabel) seems to indicate that BB is happy with the potential Crable and the other young LBs on this roster can bring to this team alongside Mayo. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Re: BB Must Have High Hopes For Shawn Crable.....

Or Redd or TBC or Woods ...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

I keep hearing that Crable is compared to a young Willie McGinest.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BXBoston. Show BXBoston's posts

Only time will tell.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

It would also mean they like Woods

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I don't know. I think they like Woods as a safety valve, because if they really liked Woods they would have offered him something longer.

That is the only reason I think this decision leans in Crable's favor.

I am sure they will compete for the spot. But if this were a vote of confidence in Woods, I would expect at least a longer term deal than one season.

Perhaps it is a vote of confidence in the whole group. Maybe they feel that one LBer will emerge from the dust?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I have an idea or opinion better word to use, the Pats ran a hybrid type of D a few years back playing two LBs and a safety/LB type rover.  I think the personnel here is more fitting to that type of D if you ask me.  Could be a change of guard and another D look that Pats are getting ready to unveil this year.  We've used it and I think it went away because of Harrison's injuries and lack of personal needed for it we've gone away from it.  With who we now have and drafted we can see a come back.  Offenses had a problem with it and I think we opened a SB with this D might have been against the Rams.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon-sense. Show uncommon-sense's posts

Prior to the draft I had thought that the OLB position wasn't as big of a need as people were making it out to be. But I balance that by admitting that I put a lot more faith into Crable and Redd than others were willing to give. I just think that no matter who they drafted this year someone already on the roster would be the opening day starter. There is so much responsibility and demand placed on that position I don't think a rookie would have be ready that early. Redd got playing time last season because of need and he did benefit from playing a season or two with Al Grohl before transfering to Liberty. So he had some experience with a system similar to BB's. I also found it interesting how BB commented on how most of the DE/OLB prospects this year were not tall enough or fast enough. Crable and Redd are both really tall like Willie and fast. They seem to be a good fit and have a full year of learning the scheme and getting bigger and stronger.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

All 4 of the options they have at the OLB presently are very good football players,Woods will get first crack too take hold of the position then comes Crable with TBC as the ultimate reserve for both outside positions that brings us to the real question mark because he could surpass everyone that being Redd,he's more the physical speciman when comparing to McGinnest,6'6" 270 lbs and he has 4.7 40 speed kind of tough to teach those attributes,I think his area of concern is between the ears,but if he gets it or as everyone likes to say "the lights go on" then he will be a monster just because he has all the tools necessary too dominate.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

To be frank there was a good part of 2006 where TBC was a starter because Vrabel had to move inside.  I think he's going to be the guy there.