BB puts his team in great position.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

BB puts his team in great position.

"ProFootballTalk.com and Jason LaCanfora of NFL Network detail the salary cap status of each team, and the Patriots have $9.9 million as of Friday morning.

LaCanfora points out that the Patriots carried over $6.9 million from last season, and are operating with an adjusted cap of $128.9 million.

ProFootballTalk.com notes that the Patriots rank 12th in terms of space.

What does it all mean? Mainly that the Patriots have flexibility to sign their draft picks and make other moves without feeling major restrictions. The team also isn't feeling the crunch from absorbing Wes Welker's $9.5 million franchise tag."

You're telling me a team that reached the superbowl is in the top half of remaining salary cap space?  Wow..... Please get a pass-rusher somehow someway. 

That's all us Pats fans want BB!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Re: BB puts his team in great position.

I still think BB should make a run at J. Allen. He alone would mightily help our pass rush.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I heard he is an "average GM at best". If it wasn't for Brady this guy would be working as a golf caddy in West Texas.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: BB puts his team in great position.:
    [QUOTE]I still think BB should make a run at J. Allen. He alone would mightily help our pass rush.
    Posted by xXR3S1NXx[/QUOTE]

Should have made the move last year... hopefully it's this year.  What do you think would be proper compensation?  Late second round pick?  They'd have to tie him up for a few years on an extension if they get him though. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB puts his team in great position. : Should have made the move last year... hopefully it's this year.  What do you think would be proper compensation?  Late second round pick?  They'd have to tie him up for a few years on an extension if they get him though. 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

I think one of our second's and a fourth would be a good offer. But i was told by another poster(i forget which poster it was) that if J allen was openly made available that some teams would likely offer a first. If thats true and we had to up our offer, considering we have two first round picks i would have no problem if we offered a first for an elite player like allen. Also he has two years left on his contract and an extension probs wouldnt be neccesary, we'd probably have to get him to rework his contract to fit him under the cap though cuz i believe he has a cap number over 10 mil and obviously we cant fit him under our cap only having 9.9 mil left. We'd probably just get him to convert alot of that money into a bonus and lower his cap number to somewhere in the neighborhood of 2-3 mil for this year.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to BB puts his team in great position.:
    [QUOTE]" ProFootballTalk.com and Jason LaCanfora of NFL Network detail the salary cap status of each team, and the Patriots have $9.9 million as of Friday morning. LaCanfora points out that the Patriots carried over $6.9 million from last season, and are operating with an adjusted cap of $128.9 million. ProFootballTalk.com notes that the Patriots rank 12th in terms of space. What does it all mean? Mainly that the Patriots have flexibility to sign their draft picks and make other moves without feeling major restrictions. The team also isn't feeling the crunch from absorbing Wes Welker's $9.5 million franchise tag." You're telling me a team that reached the superbowl is in the top half of remaining salary cap space?  Wow..... Please get a pass-rusher somehow someway.  That's all us Pats fans want BB!
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

This is why the SB "loser" tradition of the loser fading off for years doesn't apply to the Pats. The main reason why the SB "loser" loses and then fades is because they weren't built correctly to begin with, which clearly isn't the case here.

Since the cap started, look at the SB losers and then look at how they were built or the timing of their contracts, age of team and who there players in development were.

2001 - Rams
    2002 - Raiders
    2003 - Panthers
    2004 - Eagles (exception, as I noted a lot with how well the Eagles are run)
    2005 - Seattle
    2006 - Chicago (slight exception, but they've never really ascended either)
    2007 - Pats (exception for obvious reasons)
    2008 - Cardinals
    2009 - Colts
    2010 - Steelers (exception, but teetering now, very similar to 2002 Raiders potential)
    2011 - Pats (exception for obvious reasons)

Barring a wrath of injuries or injuries to key players, NE will win thedivision and make another SB run.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB puts his team in great position. : I think one of our second's and a fourth would be a good offer. But i was told by another poster(i forget which poster it was) that if J allen was openly made available that some teams would likely offer a first. If thats true and we had to up our offer, considering we have two first round picks i would have no problem if we offered a first for an elite player like allen. Also he has two years left on his contract and an extension probs wouldnt be neccesary, we'd probably have to get him to rework his contract to fit him under the cap though cuz i believe he has a cap number over 10 mil and obviously we cant fit him under our cap only having 9.9 mil left. We'd probably just get him to convert alot of that money into a bonus and lower his cap number to somewhere in the neighborhood of 2-3 mil for this year.  
    Posted by xXR3S1NXx[/QUOTE]

No way. 2nd rd at most. 

He's a player that can be leveraged as a potential cut player. Look at Bart Scott for example.  He's been shopped for a while now. Look at Samuel in Philly. Shopped for 2 years.

Teams know if they just wait, it's a camp cut due to salary. Why trade anything that high when you know that player's salary is the reason the player is being shopped in the market?

The Carter/Anderson signings last year were better market value then going after Allen for a 1st rder at his price and age.

Just resign Carter based on his rehab status, take another look at Matt Roth for your 4-3 subrusher and elephant role in a 3-4, and then just draft and wait for camp cuts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB puts his team in great position. : No way. 2nd rd at most.  He's a player that can be leveraged as a potential cut player. Look at Bart Scott for example.  He's been shopped for a while now. Look at Samuel in Philly. Shopped for 2 years. Teams know if they just wait, it's a camp cut due to salary. Why trade anything that high when you know that player's salary is the reason the player is being shopped in the market? The Carter/Anderson signings last year were better market value then going after Allen for a 1st rder at his price and age. Just resign Carter based on his rehab status, take another look at Matt Roth for your 4-3 subrusher and elephant role in a 3-4, and then just draft and wait for camp cuts.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

There is NO way the vikings cut Allen hes there best player.They will def want to get something for him and have his contract taken off there hands ( the vikings arnt cash strapped though so they could keep him if they dont like the offers they get, there just in a rebuilding mode and it would help them if they could get something for him and have his contract gone ).  I feel you on the cost but if you want an elite rusher like allen thats the price you have to pay. I dont get your arguement on his age though the guy isnt even 30 yet. I dont want crappy half azzed players like matt roth.Id love for carter to come back for sure. But think how scared QB's will be if we have a healthy Andre Carter lining up on one side and Allen lining up on the other. QB's are gonna feel the heat to get rid of the ball before they even snap it. Lol 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I don't mean to be nit picking here, but I would of liked to of seen them get Red Bryant rather than lose him to Seattle - that was a guy that looked as if he would of been the young, large, play making defensive lineman we sorely needed for this front seven. Just think though...we have extra money to play with! And the truth is we could of had Llyod last year (we probably could of used his young legs, rather than Branch who had nothing left in the tank), but the best GM of all time knew something we all didn't at the time...what, I'm not sure on that one.  He was probably thinking the draft pick needed to acquire him, would of been better served in getting the corner or safety that will surely end up on IR or the practice squad this coming season:)

^Most of what I said is a joke to irk Rusty and True...Champion!!:)) Number 1 GM all - dah - way!! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]I don't mean to be nit picking here, but I would of liked to of seen them get Red Bryant rather than lose him to Seattle - that was a guy that looked as if he would of been the young, large, play making defensive lineman we sorely needed for this front seven. Just think though...we have extra money to play with! And the truth is we could of had Llyod last year (we probably could of used his young legs, rather than Branch who had nothing left in the tank), but the best GM of all time knew something we all didn't at the time...what, I'm not sure on that one.  He was probably thinking the draft pick needed to acquire him, would of been better served in getting the corner or safety that will surely end up on IR or the practice squad this coming season:) ^Most of what I said is a joke to irk Rusty and True...Champion!!:)) Number 1 GM all - dah - way!! 
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Mission accomplished Yell

Now I will use a common type of retort from your side of the camp....

Well obviously you think you know more then BB so your bashing him! Or....

If only you were the GM of the Pats you would have got Lloyd last year since your hindsight is 20-20. Or...

Ahh never mind I give up. Your right BB is just average and is lucky to have Tom Brady fall into his lap...That is my favorite since BB had the know how to actually draft Tom Brady AND keep him as the starting QB after 100 million dollar Bledsoe got healthy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Having cap space doesn't win any games.

Having a pass rush however will contribute mightily to winning games.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

Hard to see BB trading a high draft pick AND paying a hefty salary for any player.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I like Tom Coughlin but the poor guy is on the hot seat to get fired every other season. I'd call him lucky to keep his job at times. I thought he was done when Mr Mara died in 2005.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB puts his team in great position. : If he's the "Greatest Coach Ever" then what is the coach who beat him in the Super Bowl twice? 
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

BB has brought the PATS to 1/2 of the Superbowls in the last 10. He has a record of 3-wins and 2-losses. BB is 2 of the luckiest plays in NFL play-off history away from being 5 and 0 during that span. Coughlin, as much as I like him, has been on the hot seat to be fired almost every year, including last. It took two of the "GREATEST" plays in play-off history to get them. That makes him the LUCKIEST SOB to ever coach! Argue that! We'll be back in 2012-13, how about big blue? My money says Coughlin is at least rumored to be fired again!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB puts his team in great position. : If he's the "Greatest Coach Ever" then what is the coach who beat him in the Super Bowl twice? 

It took four miracles in the last drive in the first SB ( plus the refs swallowing their whistles) and two miracles (one side line catch for your team and a miracle drop by Wes) for a very good coach to win the games.  See Jints, you seem to forget that in BOTH seasons your fans and the NY Media wanted to run Coughlin out of town.  Finally, BB probably has more respect for Tom Coughlin than YOU or the Rest of your primped up fans do.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB puts his team in great position. : It took four miracles in the last drive in the first SB ( plus the refs swallowing their whistles) and two miracles (one side line catch for your team and a miracle drop by Wes) for a very good coach to win the games.  See Jints, you seem to forget that in BOTH seasons your fans and the NY Media wanted to run Coughlin out of town.  Finally, BB probably has more respect for Tom Coughlin than YOU or the Rest of your primped up fans do.
    Posted by bradleyBliss[/QUOTE]

Heck, forget the Super Bowl: it took the "Victor Cruz gave himself up before leaving the ball on the ground without being touched" call at Arizona back in October--the most bizarre officiating call during the regular season--to bailout the Giants in that game. If that's ruled a fumble, as it should have been, the Cardinals win, the NYG finish 8-8, and Philly, I believe, wins the NFC East on tiebreakers.

Gotta be lucky in the salary cap era, in addition to being good.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

You all should apply to replace BB... seems the team can do better with your collective thoughts than 5 SB appearances in 11 years, 3 SB titles etc etc etc ..  Such a disappointing team we have to support with BB as the GM.  I think I'll turn my allegiance to the Bills.  Now, there is a team going somewhere!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I think BB keeps the team in a good position most of the time.  It's what he ends up doing with the draft that sometimes drives us all mad!!!  His last two drafts have been pretty darned good.  Hopefully the streak continues.

My thought with how he continues to trade back when we know we have certain holes to be filled is this.  The FA signings were less than helpful, and the draft picks there between 2005-2009 weren't amounting to much either.  So when you pick FAs poorly, then trade back in the draft, taking lesser talent, it's hard to really improve your team.  I really think that's why they fell back towards the pack a bit.  2007 was just a crazy aberation and BB pulled the trigger on some major FA investments.

His 2010 draft and FA pickups were great, and last year's class looks to be contiributing as well.  This is a good thing.  I'm hoping it continues this year too.  I wouldn't be too surprised if he trades at least one pick out of the first round this year but I have to say...there's not many stupid organizations left with picks available next year.  Cincy fleeced the Raiders pretty good. :)  Also...BB had really been waiting for the slotting value of the first round to shake out and I think he'd be more willing to move up if he needed to now that the financial implications aren't so crippling towards the top of the first round.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB puts his team in great position. : It took four miracles in the last drive in the first SB ( plus the refs swallowing their whistles) and two miracles (one side line catch for your team and a miracle drop by Wes) for a very good coach to win the games.  See Jints, you seem to forget that in BOTH seasons your fans and the NY Media wanted to run Coughlin out of town.  Finally, BB probably has more respect for Tom Coughlin than YOU or the Rest of your primped up fans do.

The Gmen were also lucky to win over San Fran. It sometimes takes a combination of luck and good situational football. Both teams have had both in their wins.

...and with all due respect, Tom Coughlin probably has more respect for BB than you and the Giant fans.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB puts his team in great position. : The Gmen were also lucky to win over San Fran. It sometimes takes a combination of luck and good situational football. Both teams have had both in their wins. ...and with all due respect, Tom Coughlin probably has more respect for BB than you and the Giant fans.
    Posted by GO47[/QUOTE]

Hey GO47 !!!

I think you are referring to the troll JINTS. I have always admired Coughlin.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB puts his team in great position. : hahahaha...i love what my original post brings out in you people lucky my left nut...last 3x jints played the pats same result try real hard to have a tiny bit of grace and class-even the smallest amount but i doubt it! btw bb is as close to being 0-5 as he is 5-0 and we all know the ravens really won : )

The Giants were as close as being 0-2  as 2-0 and we all know the 49s gave them the game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB puts his team in great position. : Hey GO47 !!! I think you are referring to the troll JINTS. I have always admired Coughlin.

bradleyBliss, Understood. Like BB Coughlin made mistakes when he was coaching his first team the Jacksonville Jaguars. But like BB he learnt from those mistakes and was able to remake himself which he is now considered a damn good coach.

25. This post has been removed.