BB relationship with Rutgers and Tampa Bay coach

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

BB relationship with Rutgers and Tampa Bay coach

BB's son went to Rutgers and played as a walk-on long snapper for the Scarlet Knights beginning in 2011. During visits to watch his son practice and play BB met and became friends with the team's head coach Greg Schiano, who was hired as the head coach of the Buccaneers on BB's recommendation. Following graduation in 2012 BB's son was then hired as a coaching assistant with the NE Patriots. BB has developed deep ties to Rutgers University football program, visiting the campus, watching games, and giving speeches. He has drafted many Scarlet Knights players into the ranks of the NE Patriots with questionable results and success. His relationship with Rutgers has certainly, in my opinion, clouded his judgment in selecting players in the NFL draft and contributed greatly to the team's defensive continuing decline.

BB has practiced with the Tampa Bay NFL football team in preseason...showing his growing relationship with Schiano. The Buccaneers are 0-2 and Schiano is on the hot seat both because of the team's failure to win and a player revolt in the locker room. If NE loses to Tampa Bay this coming Sunday, will there be doubts in anyone's mind that BB possibly threw the game to help out his friend?

Nepotism hardly ever succeeds in the long run.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: BB relationship with Rutgers and Tampa Bay coach

I also wonder if Schiano is on the hot seat...looks like anoter long year in TB, with money spent on talent, and a QB that is not developing. Also a loss totally on the fact of dumb penalties...

I always thought Schiano was the better college coach as opposed to pro coach....

I have to add, the "will BB throw the game" comment is simply stupidity. Lets discuss the game, the opposition, the coaches etc, but lets not troll into stupidville here 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to OlderbutWiser's comment:

If NE loses to Tampa Bay this coming Sunday, will there be doubts in anyone's mind that BB possibly threw the game to help out his friend?

This isn't serious, right?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I also wonder if Schiano is on the hot seat...looks like anoter long year in TB, with money spent on talent, and a QB that is not developing. Also a loss totally on the fact of dumb penalties...

I always thought Schiano was the better college coach as opposed to pro coach....

I have to add, the "will BB throw the game" comment is simply stupidity. Lets discuss the game, the opposition, the coaches etc, but lets not troll into stupidville here 

"I have to add, the "will BB throw the game" comment is simply stupidity. Lets discuss the game, the opposition, the coaches etc, but lets not troll into stupidville here "

Agreed.  The "will BB throw the game" comment was about as stupid as stupid gets.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

If NE loses to Tampa Bay this coming Sunday, will there be doubts in anyone's mind that BB possibly threw the game to help out his friend?

Is this real life?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

I'll be interested to see whether DMC and the other ex-Rutgers guys seek out Schiano before/after the game.

If Schiano gets fired during/after the season he'd certainly be a consideration as a DC, and I wouldn't mind seeing him on the Pats. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

BB's son went to Rutgers and played as a walk-on long snapper for the Scarlet Knights beginning in 2011. During visits to watch his son practice and play BB met and became friends with the team's head coach Greg Schiano, who was hired as the head coach of the Buccaneers on BB's recommendation. Following graduation in 2012 BB's son was then hired as a coaching assistant with the NE Patriots. BB has developed deep ties to Rutgers University football program, visiting the campus, watching games, and giving speeches. He has drafted many Scarlet Knights players into the ranks of the NE Patriots with questionable results and success. His relationship with Rutgers has certainly, in my opinion, clouded his judgment in selecting players in the NFL draft and contributed greatly to the team's defensive continuing decline.

BB has practiced with the Tampa Bay NFL football team in preseason...showing his growing relationship with Schiano. The Buccaneers are 0-2 and Schiano is on the hot seat both because of the team's failure to win and a player revolt in the locker room. If NE loses to Tampa Bay this coming Sunday, will there be doubts in anyone's mind that BB possibly threw the game to help out his friend?

OlderbutWiser,

You obviously have not watched any Pats games this year. Otherwise you should change your name because you are neither! The defensive decline crresponded with the ascendancy of the offense.  Troll!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:

"I have to add, the "will BB throw the game" comment is simply stupidity. Lets discuss the game, the opposition, the coaches etc, but lets not troll into stupidville here "

Agreed.  The "will BB throw the game" comment was about as stupid as stupid gets.

There was talk of him throwing the SB in 07 too....lol. Coughlin old buddy. I would think he would have wanted to win the 2nd time though.

Outside of that, I have always wondered why BB went out his way to make him comfortable in the NFL.; The downfall I believe is Schiano trying to emulate BB's coaching style coming out of college where as BB has had success and been in NFL for 30 years. Big difference. The TB players are already to toss him out. This isnt going to end well at all. They are gonna play their Arsses off tho' just for themselves.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

BB just drafts guys who his buddies coach because he thinks they'll give him a good analysis. It was Myers before Schiano.

Paul Scholes; He scores goals! (clap) X4

Paul Scholes; he scores goals! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

BB just drafts guys who his buddies coach because he thinks they'll give him a good analysis. It was Myers before Schiano.

Paul Scholes; He scores goals! (clap) X4

Paul Scholes; he scores goals! 

Well Meyers was also the one who recomended Chad Jackson and most likely the reason BB ignored his scouts and drafted him anyway. He probably thought it was a steal when he got out the 1st round, but little did he knew was most scouts knew of his laziness and CJ probably would have lasted till the 3rd.

One of the Best players we got was James Sanders off of Pat Hills recomendation and what did BB do?  Cut his *ss right when we needed safety help cuz his salary they paid him the year before became too much.

Before Pat Hill it was Nick Saban in LSU who brought us J.Green who contributed to a SB and was a great role player. Also the late Marquise Hill. Some times it works, sometimes not, but its never a good idea to draft a whole college team cuz you know a guy. The Rutgers thing went too far IMO.

Let me know when a college coach gives a BAD report on one  of his players. Thats my problem. They all want their players to go high and succeed so their recruiting is better and more kids want to go there. Duh!  I cant believe BB would trust those guys. Schiano! I figured they grew up together. You mean to tell me BB just met him 2 years AGO!!!! smh

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

BB picked up three draft choices from Rutgers.  Then he kept all three on the 53 man roster, including the seventh rounder.  Either BB is terminally infatuated with Rutgers players, ignoring all preseason and training camp evidence to the contrary, or else these three all happened to be good football players.  BB being a coach with a 75% winning record over the last 12 seasons, I'd go with the latter.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If Schiano gets the boot I wouldn't be surprised to see him in here as DC. Would make sense since half his team including a good portion of his secondary is already here

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

BB picked up three draft choices from Rutgers.  Then he kept all three on the 53 man roster, including the seventh rounder.  Either BB is terminally infatuated with Rutgers players, ignoring all preseason and training camp evidence to the contrary, or else these three all happened to be good football players.  BB being a coach with a 75% winning record over the last 12 seasons, I'd go with the latter.

Oh you didn't hear? There's at least a dozen posters here that tell us daily how bad BB is at drafting and being a GM. So bad in fact that we've been to 5 superbowls in a dozen years, and make the playoffs and have a shot (almost) every year. Yep...fire BB...guy is such a bum!!  ;-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

[QUOTE]

Oh you didn't hear? There's at least a dozen posters here that tell us daily how bad BB is at drafting and being a GM. So bad in fact that we've been to 5 superbowls in a dozen years, and make the playoffs and have a shot (almost) every year. Yep...fire BB...guy is such a bum!!  ;-)

[/QUOTE]

Yeah - he's awful! We should hire someone like Pete Carroll....oh wait.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

dude, we are all fans. BB is a HOF. no one wants any other person leading this team. 99% of the "Debbie downers" as they are refered to, simply state that this team has repeatedly won a very inferior division, garnering advantageous home field games, yet has not brought home a ring in 10 years. thats all...

everyone is human, everyone makes mistakes, including BB....

its a bottom line business...1 winner and 31 losers. it is an inargueable fact, the Pats have been losers going on 10 years. there is undeniably 1 person in charge here, and that is BB. if there is a finger to point (some say yes, others say no) it has to be pointed at BB

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

LMFAO.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Is this a serious post?  I suspect some chain yanking going on here.  Nepotism?  Right.  BB is gonna throw one to save his friend's job.  Sure.  One of the more ridiculous conspiracy theories I've seen in some time. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

dude, we are all fans. BB is a HOF. no one wants any other person leading this team. 99% of the "Debbie downers" as they are refered to, simply state that this team has repeatedly won a very inferior division, garnering advantageous home field games, yet has not brought home a ring in 10 years. thats all...

everyone is human, everyone makes mistakes, including BB....

its a bottom line business...1 winner and 31 losers. it is an inargueable fact, the Pats have been losers going on 10 years. there is undeniably 1 person in charge here, and that is BB. if there is a finger to point (some say yes, others say no) it has to be pointed at BB

In all the posts I've ever made on this site, I have never once stated that BB doesn't make mistakes. Of course he does....whether it be draft picks, free agents...whatever....ALL coaches and GMs make mistakes.

But some of the "BB sucks" routines around here are just f---kin stupid. The doom & gloomers will be the same people crying daily when he is gone someday.

The way I see it, there are two types of fans here. Fans who have (some) patience, and some faith that our HOF coach & GM will continue to field a team with a shot at the big show every season. Seeing more positives, and actually enjoying the team & the game.

Then we have the doom & gloomers. Who claim to be big fans of the team, but all they do is critisize every move they make. Then when people call them out, they cry that they are allowed to ask a few "tough" questions, and act as if they actually deserve answers. They are never ever happy....how they actually enjoy the team & game is beyond my wildest imagination.

It is what it is....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

LOL....McCourty, Ryan, Harmon, Beauharnais, Harrison,..& Francis, Haslam, Jones...

BB's drafting as a GM is lately fixed upon defensive players from Rutgers, or so it seems, and my opinion is the selection of Rutgers players has been detrimental to the team in terms of quality versus other available players. This lack of foresight as a GM, or whatever one chooses to call it, will cost the Pats wins. Thus, my comment about BB throwing the game (through his evaluation and selection of both draft choices and determining the player roster - his role as GM).

BB has drafted multiple players in one draft from one school in the past (i.e. Florida) but there is a huge difference in the level of competition at Rutgers. He places more trust in his college coaching friends than his team advisors and professional scouts. Kraft needs to let BB coach and hire a GM for the team. Being both HC and GM is just too much for BB.

The Pats are now woeful. Some may claim their woes are due to injuries and that may be so, but then on the other hand there is a lack of depth (competitive talent) at key positions. This weakness has been explained in prior years as the result of their "system" philosophy and acquiring "value" players.  Either way it points to a failure in the general management of the team that has eventually caught up to them.

BB's tendency to take players based upon the recommendations of his friends (i.e. Schiano) versus his own scouting reports will cost the team wins. He is his own worst enemy as a GM.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

LOL....McCourty, Ryan, Harmon, Beauharnais, Harrison,..& Francis, Haslam, Jones...

BB's drafting as a GM is lately fixed upon defensive players from Rutgers, or so it seems, and my opinion is the selection of Rutgers players has been detrimental to the team in terms of quality versus other available players. This lack of foresight as a GM, or whatever one chooses to call it, will cost the Pats wins. Thus, my comment about BB throwing the game (through his evaluation and selection of both draft choices and determining the player roster - his role as GM).

BB has drafted multiple players in one draft from one school in the past (i.e. Florida) but there is a huge difference in the level of competition at Rutgers. He places more trust in his college coaching friends than his team advisors and professional scouts. Kraft needs to let BB coach and hire a GM for the team. Being both HC and GM is just too much for BB.

The Pats are now woeful. Some may claim their woes are due to injuries and that may be so, but then on the other hand there is a lack of depth (competitive talent) at key positions. This weakness has been explained in prior years as the result of their "system" philosophy and acquiring "value" players.  Either way it points to a failure in the general management of the team that has eventually caught up to them.

BB's tendency to take players based upon the recommendations of his friends (i.e. Schiano) versus his own scouting reports will cost the team wins. He is his own worst enemy as a GM.   

You may be older but it ends there my friend!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

We shall see who is wiser as the season progresses.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[preamble redacted]

The Pats are now woeful.

[postscript redacted]

Yeah.   They are 2-0.   Nowhere to go but up I guess.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Are you really Borges?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

BB puts FAR too much faith in the recommendations of his coaching buddies.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

[QUOTE]

OlderbutWiser,

You obviously have not watched any Pats games this year. Otherwise you should change your name because you are neither! The defensive decline crresponded with the ascendancy of the offense.  Troll!

[/QUOTE]

C'mon man, he is older