BB sends a message........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

BB sends a message........

A.Thomas, RMoss , D Burgess, G Guyton were all sent home from practice today as they were late getting there due to weather.BB always works like this but these guys excluding Moss have not delivered at all this year and need a wake up call. I hope this does it!!!!!!! Thomas has not done a thing as well as Burgess..he is a huge disappointment................

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: BB sends a message........

Let's see how Moss reacts to this! I seem to remember him reacting negatively to discipline in the past this will be a nice test. BTW I'm glad to see it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

In Response to BB sends a message........:
    [QUOTE]A.Thomas, RMoss , D Burgess, G Guyton were all sent home from practice today as they were late getting there due to weather.BB always works like this but these guys excluding Moss have not delivered at all this year and need a wake up call. I hope this does it!!!!!!! Thomas has not done a thing as well as Burgess..he is a huge disappointment................
    Posted by EASON11[/QUOTE]

Guyton hasn't delivered? He held the fort when Mayo was down and has been one of the few sure tacklers on the team. Not spectacular, but very solid.

Burgess and Thomas? Yes, they s*ck.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SouthSt. Show SouthSt's posts

glad to hear it . . . showing up late is ridiculous, barring 'serious' issues, which is not weather . . . plan ahead, leave early and get to work, otherwise it illustrates a lack of respect and commitment

will be interesting in the aftermath . . . if any of them take an attitude, maybe it's time for them to seek employment elsewhere

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Who cares? No offense to your post. I just don't see discipline fixing this team. Will it turn Thomas, Burgess or Moss for that matter into the players they were five years ago?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SouthSt. Show SouthSt's posts

it may not send any message to these guys and it may not matter this year, although I hope it does . . . more importantly, it defines expectations and discpline for others moving forward

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

Guyton hasn't delivered? He held the fort when Mayo was down and has been one of the few sure tacklers on the team. Not spectacular, but very solid.

Burgess and Thomas? Yes, they s*ck.
    Ceasar is spot on. Guyton and Moss have played well this season. With Mayo being out early and Moss getting his numbers and constantly drawing double/triple teams at times. But the problem is the D. There are alot of theories as to why it is playing out the way is. But the thing I see is that people dont respect the defense, any longer. Honestly if you were a fan of another team( And I am not!) who on the D really frightens you, outside of Vince and maybe Ty Warren? Both great players but w/o supporting pieces, what good is that? We knew there would be a step-back losing some of the ol' vets but DAYUM!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

This will be a none issue.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Brady: "At times we (fight) and at other times, I don’t think we fight very hard".

I would say that the "don’t think we fight very hard" applies to Moss and friends today. Moss has had discipline and effort issues in the past, and his lateness could be just the tip of the iceberg here.

Overall, not good news when there's just a game between the Pats and Dolphins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Bottom line this doesn't indicate a receipe for success.  I feel they may be all done.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

People have just been waiting for Moss to do something so they can start in with the whole "Moss has had issues in the past" and its BS. Moss has been nothing but a model player since he has been in NE and has given the Pats fans no reason to ever question his work ethic or drive. He has earned the benefit of the doubt.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Belichick had no choice.. The others players made it under the same weather conditions. Bet Brady made it!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Baron, this has to be done. To say discipline won't fix this team couldn't be more wrong. This is the youngest defense the Patriots have had since Pete Carroll at 26 years and 278 days and they need to be motivated. Since Pees can't do it in practice and Mayo can't do it during the games BB'll do it this way.
    If these guys truly get what it means to be a Patriot this will be a positive thing for them and they'll come out angry and play the game of their lives. If they go negative they won't be here long because BB won't deal with that type of cancer.

How would you feel if one of your co-workers just had a baby and still made it on time and you didn't? 
    It really doesn't matter but I wonder where they were all coming from for TB to beat them?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

sent home due to being late from weather??  Thats stupid... if the roads were wet and there was traffic then ok... not their fault. 

I'm so mad at the Pats this week... seriously... it keeps getting worse.  I'm not over that loss yet.  Weird, I was over the Colts loss in a couple hours... but now Saints / Miami...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: BB sends a message........:
    [QUOTE]Belichick had no choice.. The others players made it under the same weather conditions. Bet Brady made it!!
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

That's part of the reason why I support Bill's decision. Brady was there for the birth of his child and still showed up, through the same weather conditions, on time. There's no excuse for that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]sent home due to being late from weather??  Thats stupid... if the roads were wet and there was traffic then ok... not their fault.  I'm so mad at the Pats this week... seriously... it keeps getting worse.  I'm not over that loss yet.  Weird, I was over the Colts loss in a couple hours... but now Saints / Miami...
    Posted by IraqSteve[/QUOTE]

There's no excuse. If everyone else can make it so can they. They're all kids and they need to start growing up so hopefully this wakes a few of them up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]Brady: "At times we (fight) and at other times, I don’t think we fight very hard". I would say that the "don’t think we fight very hard" applies to Moss and friends today. Moss has had discipline and effort issues in the past, and his lateness could be just the tip of the iceberg here. Overall, not good news when there's just a game between the Pats and Dolphins.
    Posted by cshashaty[/QUOTE]

No excuses for being late and everyone else made it on time but, There was quite a snow storm this morning and trying to get to Foxboro at that time of day in the traffic of a snow storm is hideous. I have to do it all the time. This wasn't a case of insubordination or a guy that stayed out all night drinking. It would have been easy to be late for practice today if you didn't allow time for the weather. My guess is that he apologizes to his team mates and they move on. BB doesn't make issues like this personal and Hopefully it doesn't become an issue in the media.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

How would you feel if one of your co-workers just had a baby and still made it on time and you didn't? 
    It really doesn't matter but I wonder where they were all coming from for TB to beat them?

~One Question: WAS their practice yesterday, and did Brady Miss out on it?  Because honestly, IF He did...that's just unexcusable.  I mean, I hope he got sent home AND fined if he did.  Lucky, I'm not HC...I probably would have thrown him off the team.  Unless He was just late and/or left early...in which case, I'd bench him, fine him, then just trade him next year, BUT not kick him off the team (that's just way too harsh).  Pssh, Baby and Fatherhood.  Seriously, How many times does that happen in a lifetime...like a million?  He probably DROVE her to the hospital too...  I mean, what IF They got into an accident in the rush, and He sprained a toe?  Yup, No Playoffs...THAT'S where.  Seems to me tha someone cares a tad more about their wife and kids, Than they do for little old Laz here...sickening.  Where the he!! is TB's priorities?   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

[QUOTE]Baron, this has to be done. To say discipline won't fix this team couldn't be more wrong. This is the youngest defense the Patriots have had since Pete Carroll at 26 years and 278 days and they need to be motivated. Since Pees can't do it in practice and Mayo can't do it during the games BB'll do it this way. If these guys truly get what it means to be a Patriot this will be a positive thing for them and they'll come out angry and play the game of their lives. If they go negative they won't be here long because BB won't deal with that type of cancer. How would you feel if one of your co-workers just had a baby and still made it on time and you didn't?  It really doesn't matter but I wonder where they were all coming from for TB to beat them?
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Ditto... perfectly put... When you send two $50 million "stars" home, the rest of the youngsters WILL take note. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Laz, are you OK? 

After the birth of his second child yesterday, Tom Brady arrived -- on time -- today at the Patriots facility intent on making this a normal week.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

In Response to BB sends a message........:
    [QUOTE]A.Thomas, RMoss , D Burgess, G Guyton were all sent home from practice today as they were late getting there due to weather.BB always works like this but these guys excluding Moss have not delivered at all this year and need a wake up call. I hope this does it!!!!!!! Thomas has not done a thing as well as Burgess..he is a huge disappointment................
    Posted by EASON11[/QUOTE]

I was at the game sunday and I got to watch Burgess in Action.  All Burgess could do was run into Verron Carey and lean on him and then when the play was over he would stand there with his hands on his hips sucking air like he actually just did something and I thought Monty Biesl was the worst FA pick up in the history of the franchise but now we have thomas and burgess to put on the mantle, yeah Burgess was a trade I know but he is still vying for worst pick up eveah

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB sends a message........ : Ditto... perfectly put... When you send two $50 million "stars" home, the rest of the youngsters WILL take note. 
    Posted by LifeTimePat[/QUOTE]
    This.  The Pats are a fairly young team, especially on defense, this sends a message that if your not ready to work on time don't expect a free pass from the coaches.  BB needs to re dedicate this football team, and steps like that are in the right direction. Let's just hope the players listen 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB sends a message........ : There's no excuse. If everyone else can make it so can they. They're all kids and they need to start growing up so hopefully this wakes a few of them up.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Not always dude... what if you came from North Haverbrooke, and the roads were moving, but I came in from Ogdonville where they haven't plowed yet???

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

Actually - this is a dumb question but do they lose $$? 

All I know is that if I was late and my boss sent me home paid - I'd be late everyday!!!

I'm down with sendign a message but smoe of these guys NEED the pratice!  This team needs practice - as they are far from good IMO.