BB should be embarrassed this Sunday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Re: BB should be embarrassed this Sunday

In Response to Re: BB should be embarrassed this Sunday:
    [QUOTE]And at 31-3 they should have been imposing their will on a bad team. Running the ball, using play action. Instead they had Tom out there in the shotgun trying to pad his stats, or so it lookes to me. I'm not looking for big point spreads. i'm looking for a team that looks like it is getting better. Today I saw a soft team that plays well in stretches but rarerly puts together a complete game.
    Posted by RTSully6931[/QUOTE]
    THANK YOU!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB should be embarrassed this Sunday : There is your reason why the game became closer than it should have.. so, if the team DID not go soft, the result should not have been surprising.  Blame the PLAYERS... as I did not see the game, is that your observation?  The players stopped putting out the effort you saw in the first 3 quarters, while the Colts were playing for pride just to close the gap and beat the spread.  Other than that, did you REALLY think the Pats would have lost?
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

I saw the game and that's exactly my assessment. Freediro has a point on being soft and less aggressive but I have to disagree when you point the finger at BB.
    3 running plays with 3mins to go (as he stated) and they barely get 6 yards. 
    Then it bomb after bomb and the d-backs can't make a play and stop , particularly , Garcon. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB should be embarrassed this Sunday : I saw the game and that's exactly my assessment. Freediro has a point on being soft and less aggressive but I have to disagree when you point the finger at BB. 3 running plays with 3mins to go (as he stated) and they barely get 6 yards.  Then it bomb after bomb and the d-backs can't make a play and stop , particularly , Garcon. 
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    and if you ask BB he always talks about how he has final say on all play calling and he himself takes the blame. It's not like he minds, but I find that our problems are more or less 75% play calling and 25% the actually performance of the teams play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB should be embarrassed this Sunday :  .... Then it bomb after bomb and the d-backs can't make a play and stop , particularly , Garcon. 
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    So, this only worked for the Colts in the 4th quarter?  The Pats were defending them quite well until the 4th?  Seems when you chuck it down the field all the time, some catches are bound to be made.  Garbage time stats, we hate them all!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DonHa. Show DonHa's posts

What happened? Did we LOSE again?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]   What happened? Did we LOSE again?
    Posted by DonHa[/QUOTE]
    I am glad your 28th post brought this discussion a new dimension that hasn't been heard before.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

All week long all you hear " we need to identify the areas we need to improve on, and work on them". Well they must have identified the wrong areas because they went backwards after the 3rd period. It's like they all went home, should be ashamed of themselves being manhandled by a 0-11 team

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Terrible, gutless showing by the defense.  I hope people understand why BB is still trying to score points late. Even with a flawless performance by the offense, this "D" can almost lose a game to a WINLESS, last in the NFL OFFENSE like the COLTS!
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Z, a little surpised to hear  this from ya - but I get it.  I actually thought it was more the defensive playcalling starting the 4th quarter. Plus, the Pats went 3-and-out twice (maybe 3 times) in the 4th quarter too. Set the patriots up for a score that really wasn't as close as the final score reflected.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

Folks, you gotta wake up and smell the roses.  Thank god there are not alot of great qbs or they are injured this year.

Green Bay, New Orleans, and Pittsburgh are going to kill this secondary. Even the Giants would beat these guys again.  These are 3rd and 4th string qbs.   Hell Philly should have scored 30 points if Desean Jackson hadn't quit.

WHAT above average team have they beaten this year.  Their best win is against the Jets in NYC.  Then beating Oakland in Oakland.

This secondary will be DESTROYED.  Wake up.  you'd think they could have drafted one decent guy in the past 4 years.  one guy, ok Patrick Chung.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB should be embarrassed this Sunday : Yup.  Watched the game.  And I had a pretty good look at a 17-3 halftime lead.  That is not coming out slow. 
    Posted by nyjoseph[/QUOTE]

The 1st quarter was awful, the 2nd...much better. A slow start for sure, it was 3-3 for a long time. Thankfully it didn't last

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

Me and a freind were booing the defense off the field along with every other fan there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Anyone remember last year? I don't know if there's a huge correlation between performance in garbage time and the playoffs. 

Also, do you really believe BB when he says he was playing the best players even though Slater started at safety? This game was to get people reps. Calm down people.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RTSully6931. Show RTSully6931's posts

And maybe BB is telling Tom NOT to score early in the game, so their oponents won't give up on the run (which the Pats defend pretty well) and not just pass on every down right from the start and score on every drive. That way the ofeense can have a quarter or so to figure out what the opponents' defense is doing and score a coouple of times before they can readjust. That's sarcasm folks. Or is it?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Long season-hard to get up for a game like this at all-when they went up 31-3 they brought out the picnic blanket and bottle of chianti. We did win! BB will fix this.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Not a great effort - but let's face it, despite the record this is not a great team.

It may still become great - but right now that defense is wretched.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

[QUOTE]Not a great effort - but let's face it, despite the record this is not a great team. It may still become great - but right now that defense is wretched.

In 2007 we were a great team.Think about that one

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from vpindi. Show vpindi's posts

Guys calm down! 7.5 minutes to go, they were 31-3. You guys don't think they played vanilla defense? BB know what he is doing?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

they have so many injuries on d. if they can avoid more by softening the d, then i am fine with the colts final qtr.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

the defense sucked...but the offense sat on the ball and the colts controlled the TOP in the 4th, so i cant blame the D too much...ridley sucks plain and simple...as much as people hate on Benny, at least he runs forward, not backwards like that dope

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]Guys calm down! 7.5 minutes to go, they were 31-3. You guys don't think they played vanilla defense? BB know what he is doing?
    Posted by vpindi[/QUOTE]
    Interesting, isn't it?  This whole game is being judged by what happened in the last 10 minutes of the 4th quarter after the Pats were up 31 - 3.  It's hard to believe they LOST, or did they?  Hmmm...  couldn't judge by these posts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Unless I miss my guess, that was nearly intentional prevent defense.  The issue was not making plays they needed to, but it was supposed to burn clock and give the other guys the ball in the middle of the field and short yards only.  A few blown coverages, guys getting to the sidelines.  They played this same sort of "smother you with a pillow" defense to ice games a bunch this year, it is NOT pretty but ususally more effective.  I'm really surprised you guys are all freaking out about it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]Guys calm down! 7.5 minutes to go, they were 31-3. You guys don't think they played vanilla defense? BB know what he is doing?
    Posted by vpindi[/QUOTE]

I can't really say that Bill knew what he was doing. He pulled Brady late when the Pats were only up 2 scores and it almost blew up in his face. This team is not the mentally strongest. I can't remember ever seeing a defensive offsides on an onside kick. Welker who is usually pretty smart made a huge dumb play when he did not go to the first down marker on a 3rd down pass play early in the 4th quarter. Brady was very upset with Welker for making such a rookie mistake. They never got a first down again.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]Unless I miss my guess, that was nearly intentional prevent defense.  The issue was not making plays they needed to, but it was supposed to burn clock and give the other guys the ball in the middle of the field and short yards only.  A few blown coverages, guys getting to the sidelines.  They played this same sort of "smother you with a pillow" defense to ice games a bunch this year, it is NOT pretty but ususally more effective.  I'm really surprised you guys are all freaking out about it.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]
    In many respects, these posters have NO FAITH in the fact the D could nail down a game when it matters.  Given all the injuries to date... everyone is shocked by how well it has done.  I've not seen highlights, but, I read Garcon had some amazing catches to keep many Colts drives alive. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB should be embarrassed this Sunday : In many respects, these posters have NO FAITH in the fact the D could nail down a game when it matters.  Given all the injuries to date... everyone is shocked by how well it has done.  I've not seen highlights, but, I read Garcon had some amazing catches to keep many Colts drives alive. 
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

It was a few really good catches, and a few missed tackles, etc.  We had 3rd and long a few times and just blew it.  It was pretty bad, but not horrible.  They scored 21 points because our offense was led by Hoyer and not passing, let the Clots back on the field twice after run run run ... run run run.  So they had some opportunities and Orlovsky was warmed up and had nothing to lose.  That's about it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I do not recall many amazing catches by Garcon. He was wide open on most of them.