BB should hire a defense coordinator

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gwomlo. Show gwomlo's posts

Re: BB should hire a defense coordinator

Something has to be done especially with the pathetis pass defense. It truelly looks like the worst in football. If it were close to average the Pats would be in the superbowl.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

Like 6 years ago....

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: BB should hire a defense coordinator:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB should hire a defense coordinator : which one held the camera?
    Posted by MeanJoe[/QUOTE]

Leon you duchbag I guess you're too stupid do realize that the Steelers winning is bad for your Jets ever hoping for a wild card.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB should hire a defense coordinator : which one held the camera?
    Posted by MeanJoe[/QUOTE]

And your Jets are still 3rd in the division

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEPfan4life. Show NEPfan4life's posts

BB should hire a defense coordinator

We cannot waste TB's years playing for this pathetic defense. It should be a balance for a good offense with this tremendously bad defense. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Forget the coordinator how about some players. They have absolutely no playmakers on def, none.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

first off MeanJoe is a turd.

It ain't a defensive coordinator that the Pats need.  It's talent, personnel.  Pittsburgh exposed the Pats and good for them.  The officiating gave Pitt a lot of breaks as well but that does not excuse the lack of talent on the defensive side of the ball.  Releasing Bodden and placing Ras-I on the IR leaves the fan base with a lot lot of questions.  This defense is not going to get the Pats to the SB for sure.  Pat fans have a reason for concern. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

Bill a defensive genius are you all smoking crack. Fire him and hire some homeless guy who has atleast some knowledge of football and we will pretty much get the same results we get from bill.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

Bill a defensive genius are you all smoking crack. Fire him and hire some homeless guy who has atleast some knowledge of football and we will pretty much get the same results we get from bill.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanJoe. Show MeanJoe's posts

Go ahead and add a special teams coach to that list.  Nice design!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

be a good idea, and a new OC 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

crennel and weiss reunion? i am guessing they all now realize they have not done anything since they separated ways. definitely want weiss back.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Queue the overreactions...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanJoe. Show MeanJoe's posts

[QUOTE]crennel and weiss reunion? i am guessing they all now realize they have not done anything since they separated ways. definitely want weiss back.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

which one held the camera?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

What overreactions? This defense has continually and consistently regressed since we last had a legitimate D coordinator. Is this not a fact. How is this an overreaction?

To me it's more like an extremely frustrating problem this team seems content to ignore.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanJoe. Show MeanJoe's posts

Very poor management, indeed.  Drafting guys that are not very good or are injury prone.  Signing guys off other teams scrap heaps.  You should follow the Steeler way of managing a team.  You won't choke in the big games. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Did anyone notice during the telecast, there was a shot of Brady on the sidelines sitting on the bench and you can clearly see him mouth the words.. " Let's go D."  I am certain he will not say boo to the press, but, I am certain he is totally ticked off at the inability of the D to do anything meaningfull.  There is only so much he can do when the other team's D is playing extremely well. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]What overreactions? This defense has continually and consistently regressed since we last had a legitimate D coordinator. Is this not a fact. How is this an overreaction? To me it's more like an extremely frustrating problem this team seems content to ignore.
    Posted by e4smith[/QUOTE]

I too have an issue with the defense, but those claiming that, "Belichick no longer has it", "we're wasting Brady's years", etc - that's what's called overreacting. 

This team has been the most successful team in the league over past decade, and they're currently 5-2. We knew this game would be tough, and me personally, had a bad feeling about this game. We were playing a tough team who had something to prove. We were completely outplayed, and yet we were still in the game late.

Are there issues with this team - no doubt. But they're still a top-5 team in the league who will be around come playoff time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanJoe. Show MeanJoe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB should hire a defense coordinator : I too have an issue with the defense, but those claiming that, "Belichick no longer has it", "we're wasting Brady's years", etc - that's what's called overreacting.  This team has been the most successful team in the league over past decade, and they're currently 5-2. We knew this game would be tough, and me personally, had a bad feeling about this game. We were playing a tough team who had something to prove. We were completely outplayed, and yet we were still in the game late. Are there issues with this team - no doubt. But they're still a top-5 team in the league who will be around come playoff time.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

Stop it loser.  Steelers are better in the last decade, unless you count one and dones, then you're right.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

I have no problem with a team having a weakness -- all of them do. I have a very big problem when I see a downward trend over a number of years and a team that refuses to change their approach. This is clearly the situation we're faced with. I don't think BB has lost it, but I definitely think he needs to make some changes.

One of those changes is clearly that he needs to hire a D coordinator with some gravitas.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]I have no problem with a team having a weakness -- all of them do. I have a very big problem when I see a downward trend over a number of years and a team that refuses to change their approach. This is clearly the situation we're faced with. I don't think BB has lost it, but I definitely think he needs to make some changes. One of those changes is clearly that he needs to hire a D coordinator with some gravitas.
    Posted by e4smith[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. I think we have a defensive coordinator, that being Matt Patricia, but obviously Belichick is very involved with the defense. I don't necessarily think that'd change if we brought someone else in, nor do I think defensive coordinator is the issue.

Obviously there's some talent issues, but you never see this defense play instinctively or with any kind of swagger. They need fast, instinctive players who make remarkable plays every once in awhile. When Bruschi, Vrabel, McGinist, Harrison, Seymour, and Law walked out the door, so did everything that I just mentioned.