BB should sign............

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mooney12. Show Mooney12's posts

BB should sign............

what other free agents should the pats sign that could take our defense to another level or make our offense more dynamic.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: BB should sign............

I don't think you will see BB make much of a splash during free agency. He has been burned too many times. He will sign some marginal guys for cheap and hope somebody shines.

If a big name comes along at an irresistible price, he would probably act. But he is more likely to make a trade when the FA dust settles or look for cuts from cap casualties or at training camp time.

I'm afraid he will mostly be counting on the draft and picking up castoff pieces to improve the team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I was hoping for Kevin Boss as a 2nd inline TE or Rashard Marshall as a vet CB but it didn't happen. Both went for very reasonable rates too given the market.

At this point I'd be happy with Lloyd as the only big name they bring in and try to get some impact players in the draft.

Of course I'd never turn down Wimbley (once he gets cut today) and I'd still like to see them go after Webb. I think withe the addition of Webb and Gregory it would be a drastically improved secondary. Then they can target a late 2nd or 3rd round S and it would be a very productive off-season for the secondary

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mooney12. Show Mooney12's posts

who will they trade for and who will they trade from the team

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mooney12. Show Mooney12's posts

Laron Landry will take our D to the next level

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Not an impact move, but Tom Zbikowski (don't believe he's been signed yet) would be a solid depth player at S and is a very good ST player.  He's a rugged, blue collar type that I think would fit in well in their locker room... plus I'm a bit bias towards ND players, ha.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Nooone special, but we dont need that much.

I would say a low tier signing for a guy like Shawntae Spencer who has size and experience but wont break the bank.

I am hoping a guy like Terrence Newman will fall into our laps for cheap because of a lack of offers from other teams.  I really think we only need one solid, veteran DB like this and just hope they arent too washed up. B.B. has always done this and that being said, we may not see that CB signing until after june 1st when he look through the scrap heap.

Other than that, I see the draft as the way we make this defense better. Lots of quality D-Lineman coming out that can help. In Free Agency, maybe another ssafety and def. one or 2 WR,but the defensive help is in the draft.  I would spend just about every pic on defense outside of RB and O-lineman.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mooney12. Show Mooney12's posts

B.B. needs to suprise everyone with a great free agent.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

curtis lofton and mike wallace

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Wimbley when he gets cut would be a nice upgrade, you can add him with Fananni....who am I kidding? They're not going to do this.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

rusty so he can stand there and tell bb how to coach his team

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: BB should sign............:
    [QUOTE]I was hoping for Kevin Boss as a 2nd inline TE or Rashard Marshall as a vet CB but it didn't happen. Both went for very reasonable rates too given the market. At this point I'd be happy with Lloyd as the only big name they bring in and try to get some impact players in the draft. Of course I'd never turn down Wimbley (once he gets cut today) and I'd still like to see them go after Webb. I think withe the addition of Webb and Gregory it would be a drastically improved secondary. Then they can target a late 2nd or 3rd round S and it would be a very productive off-season for the secondary
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

as usual we have some things in common:

i too wanted boss, marshall, wimbley and a good fs. lloyd if cheap enough deal and short term prove it (or perf on more than 1st yr).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Landry, Wimbley and Lloyd and I think this team would be MUCH improved. No realistically, I think one of the three is a possibility.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Just lock up Carter already so we know he's back, then sign one out of Anderson or Wimbley

Lloyd and Michael Bush on offense

Erin Henderson on D

Sounds like Henderson is waiting things out for the more expensive Tulloch and Lofton to sign. In this article he also says he is not asking for huge money and can play 3 positions.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Erin_Henderson_vents_on_contract_Im_not_even_asking_for_big_money031612

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

For a team with a slow 2-down interior LBer for the 3-4 (Spikes) and a lack of personnel at LBer when you go to a 4-3 defense, Henderson would seem a perfect fit if he could be had for the type of contract Mark Anderson got last year.

Mayo - Henderson/Spikes - Nink
    Fanene/Anderson - Wilfork - Love/Brace - Carter/Deaderick

Solid 4-3 front

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

3-4 is a work in progress as we don't really have any standout DE's for that scheme right now...

but adding Henderson to the Spikes/Mayo duo in the middle would greatly improve that group, esp if we keep Anderson and Cunninghan improves a lot and gets in great shape to build on his '10 as a pure 3-4 OLB (get as fast as you can jermaine and never worry about being used as a DE)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I like the idea of bringing in Bush

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I could go for some Zbikowski. I had hoped we took him way back when in the draft. No to Landry. Yes to Bush if he comes reasonable. Lloyd if he's reasonable too. Wimbley got cut for a reason I'd be sceptical.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: BB should sign............:
    [QUOTE]I could go for some Zbikowski. I had hoped we took him way back when in the draft. No to Landry. Yes to Bush if he comes reasonable. Lloyd if he's reasonable too. Wimbley got cut for a reason I'd be sceptical.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

Just read this AM that Zbikowski signed with Indy... damnit.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mooney12. Show Mooney12's posts

Andre carter is overated and he aint better than anderson or wimbley

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Just do NOT sign Lloyd.  That guy is not the answer.

There is a good reason why he has played for 5 teams in 8 years

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Wimbley is now available.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

anderson...

just start with that to establish a foundation on the defense. build on that going forward.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skadude22. Show Skadude22's posts

Luis Castillo