BB Slaps Polian and Company in Mouth

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

BB Slaps Polian and Company in Mouth

Are you ever baffled by the recommendations the competition committee makes?

BB: "This one’s…I’m not sure about this one."

Also, I didn't realize they brought in a new LBs coach already.

Belichick not a fan of kickoff rule changes

Posted by Shalise Manza Young, Globe Staff March 21, 2011 02:09 PM

Though he is scheduled to meet with the full media contingent here in New Orleans tomorrow as part of the coaches' breakfast, Bill Belichick spent several minutes with the Patriots beat reporters who have made the trip south.

Here's the full transcript of our conversation with him:

Opening statement
    There's not really a whole lot to update you on, obviously not anything to say on the CBA or anything like that…we're just kind of plugging away on the draft process, you know, still a long way to go on that but we’re making progress and everything else we’ll just take it as it comes. Whatever happens, we’ll just adjust to that as we go along.

How will you vote on kickoff rule change proposal?

Pretty complicated proposal…I don’t like the idea of eliminating the kickoff from the game; I think it’s one of the most exciting plays in football, so it looks like the competition committee is trying to eliminate that play and I don’t know if that’s really good for the game.

Have you talked to Brandon Meriweather?

We’re aware of the situation but I don’t have anything to add on that.

Do you know where players training during the lockout?
    We haven’t talked to them. (Is there a lasting message you left with them before the lockout?) Our last meeting was at the end of the season.

You’ve been through NFL labor issues before, how is this one different?

Well I guess they’re all different – I mean the other two were during the season. Maybe this will be too, I don’t know. They’re all different. But right now there’s not…I don’t really have any control over that; we’re just working on what we can work on, which is our draft right now.

Are you amazed that they can’t figure out how to share so much revenue?
    I’m just trying to do what I do.

Are you more involved in draft process with no OTAs?

In the past we would have an offseason program going on right about now, whatever this week is we’d either start this week or next week; we’d either be preparing for it or in the beginning stages of it, and we’re not.

How would you characterize this draft?

I’ve got a long way to go on that.

How would you characterize the value of draft picks this year?

They’re an important part of your team-building process but they always are. I don’t think it changes. (Is there an increase in value?) I don’t know.

Are you open to trading 28th pick as a report today indicated?

I don’t know; I mean, we’ve traded them before, we haven’t traded them.

Thoughts on trading up/down in draft

My philosophy is to try to do what’s best for the football team. (Are you reluctant to trade up because of the risk of a player not working out?) We’ve traded up before.

Do you think the kickoff changes are due to risk of head injuries?

I mean, the presentation last night...I don’t think it’s because of head injuries. The ones they showed up there weren’t very many of them. I don’t know, I think you should really talk to the competition committee; they’re the ones really that proposed the rule and talk to Rich McKay and whoever else is on the committee and see what they have to say about it. They’re the ones that proposed it. There’s a lot of components, four different elements to it, it’s kind of a complicated rule.

What do you think is the motivation? for changing the rule?

It’s pretty confusing. We’re moving the kickoff up and the touchbacks out…

Are you ever baffled by the recommendations the competition committee makes?

This one’s…I’m not sure about this one.

Why was now the time to promote Bill O’Brien to offensive coordinator?
    Thought it was the right time.

On the Pats' defensive coaching changes

Try to set up things that we feel like are the best way for our staff to operate at this point.

Can you tell us more about Patrick Graham? [promoted to linebackers coach]

Smart guy, Bulldog. Been in a good program, worked at Notre Dame, pretty familiar with our system, has done a great job with us for two years, I think he’s a really good young coach. Glad he’s on our staff and he’s done a terrific job for us. (Did he come with a recommendation from Charlie Weis?) Of course.

On Harold Nash's promotion to head strength and conditioning coach

Harold, same thing, been here six years, done a great job, works hard, think he has the respect of everybody in the organization – coaches, players, he works hard and is good to work with.

Are you confident your players are self-motivated to keep up with workouts?

All 32 teams are in the same boat, so we’ll see them when we get back.

Does it help to have a lot of returning vets/starters during the lockout?

I don’t really know about the other 31 teams, just trying to coach our team, whatever we can do we’ll do the best we can with.

Do teams that aren’t installing new systems have an advantage?

I don’t know.

What has been your favorite part of your offseason?

Uh, so far I’d say the owners’ meetings here in New Orleans. [smiles]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Re: BB Slaps Polian and Company in Mouth

Thanks for posting. You gotta love Bill and his answers to the media. Mr. Hand from Fast Times at Ridgemont would be flipping out over some of these answers. haha

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbundchen. Show mrbundchen's posts

This is media relations 101 in our players handbook.
    1) you are allowed to state you know the answer to a question only if you refuse to answer it.
    2) you are allow to say you dont know the answer to a question if you dont want to answer a question.
    3) whenever asked a question about another team the correct answer is "I/We are working on what we are doing here. I/We do not know what other teams are or are not doing."

In summary, answers 1 and 2 are perfectly acceptable on any subject while answer 3 is the best possible answer when question by a media member about another team or player.

The only thing harder than playing qb for the pats is being a reporter trying to cover the pats.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Huh - didn't see polian mentioned once in your entire post except for the title. 

Guess that would be like me titling a thread about the circus with Belichick cheats again.  What a joke

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Gotta love it when a coach is referred to as both "smart" and a "bulldog" in the same sentence.

Here's a link to his bio:

http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=coachbio&bio=34204

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: BB Slaps Polian and Company in Mouth:
    [QUOTE]Huh - didn't see polian mentioned once in your entire post except for the title.  Guess that would be like me titling a thread about the circus with Belichick cheats again.  What a joke
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

How long has Polian been on that committee?  15 years now, Undies?

You know what the thread title means.

It means every year a handful of good ole boys get together and try to meddle with the NFL.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommmper. Show Stommmper's posts

[QUOTE]Huh - didn't see polian mentioned once in your entire post except for the title.  Guess that would be like me titling a thread about the circus with Belichick cheats again.  What a joke
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]
    As usual Rusty write 1000 words and has nothing to say, but thinks he does. Talk about a waste of life and a totally useless post. Some people know little about something, Rusty Pink Hat knows everything about nothing and shows here today his skills for it!  Attention please,.................
    Rusty's new Name is,  Scoop! ....
    Kittly Litter Scoup! Because most of what he reports can be found in a cat litter box! Yell

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbundchen. Show mrbundchen's posts

My coach has the most charisma of any coach in the NFL.  Thank you BBReigns for quoting every non descript word out of his mouth in an article that he claims nothing.  The extra mile you went to include the term about him slapping another GM is appreciated as well.  Coach wanted to know if you would be by at 5pm on Tuesday to break down college tapes of potential draft picks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Dear Stompie/Toolish Troll Who Ruins Threads for Pats Fans,

That was an interview with Belichick. I didn't write it, stupid. It's called cut and paste.

You're a 50 year old fat, balding dork who apparently enjoys creating messageboard names and making photoshopped more than contributing to Pats threads. And you like cats, apparently. lol

Do you paint your cats toenails too, Stompie?  Tears!

Speaks volumes about your intellect and bitterness with your life/reality. lol

Let us know when you articulate a worthwhile point regarding the Pats.  We'll all make note and support your goals as a messageboard mediator/analyst. 

Class of '79. lol!

How's old age, tool?

Here is Stommpie in all his glory busy on the internets at age 50 on welfare:

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]Dear Stompie/Toolish Troll Who Ruins Threads for Pats Fans, That was an interview with Belichick. I didn't write it, stupid. It's called cut and paste. You're a 50 year old fat, balding dork who apparently enjoys creating messageboard names and making photoshopped more than contributing to Pats threads. And you like cats, apparently. lol Do you paint your cats toenails too, Stompie?  Tears! Speaks volumes about your intellect and bitterness with your life/reality. lol Let us know when you articulate a worthwhile point regarding the Pats.  We'll all make note and support your goals as a messageboard mediator/analyst.  Class of '79. lol! How's old age, tool? Here is Stommpie in all his glory busy on the internets at age 50 on welfare:  
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]
    Did you really need to post that pic?   I was just getting ready to eat dinner too.  Oh, well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommmper. Show Stommmper's posts

[QUOTE]My coach has the most charisma of any coach in the NFL.  Thank you BBReigns for quoting every non descript word out of his mouth in an article that he claims nothing.  The extra mile you went to include the term about him slapping another GM is appreciated as well.  Coach wanted to know if you would be by at 5pm on Tuesday to break down college tapes of potential draft picks.
    Posted by mrbundchen[/QUOTE]

Mrbundchen, we ask that you please forgive Crusty Rusty. You see, Rusty was born into a litter of 3, and he was the one they threw away!
    So you must understand, Rusty Pinko must write, copy, or just plain make up on his own anything to post in a forum for the much needed attention. 
    And yes to yoru question, Rusty will be at the stadium at 5AM sharp. Hopefully this time BB will listen to him Yell

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

stomper youre a fruitcup. ill fight you any day and i know my boy bb reigns got my back. hop off son.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Its pretty simple, Bill Polian is the most recognized member of the Comp. Committee and BB didnt like what that committee was trying to do to the game. So thats what Rusty meant. Not rocket science guys. I think BB does not like rule changes for the sake of rule changes. It seems like a bad trend has started where this committee got it in their heads that rules need to be changed every offseason and that is bogus. When a rule needs to be changed then fine change it but other then that why are they even talking about this stuff. The kickoff is fine and there is no good reason to change it. It all comes back to the "If it is not broke dont fix it" and I like that BB openly said that this was a bad idea.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]
    Tas - it was obvious what Russ meant, but his story didn't even mention Polian.  In fact, it specifically mentioned McKay.  This has nothing at all to do even with the story.  It has everything to do with Russ' tender feelings for Polian. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I hate you all.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Isnt the rules comittee still voting on the tuck rule? Has it ever been changed?  I didnt think so

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Gotta love it when a coach is referred to as both "smart" and a "bulldog" in the same sentence. Here's a link to his bio: http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=coachbio&bio=34204
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]
    Smart like a bulldog with the smug look and low hanging gowls. Nice analogy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB Slaps Polian and Company in Mouth : As usual Rusty write 1000 words and has nothing to say, but thinks he does. Talk about a waste of life and a totally useless post. Some people know little about something, Rusty Pink Hat knows everything about nothing and shows here today his skills for it!  Attention please,................. Rusty's new Name is,  Scoop! .... Kittly Litter Scoup! Because most of what he reports can be found in a cat litter box!
    Posted by Stommmper[/QUOTE]
    He's either unemployed, self-employed or his boss knows not of his time spent on company time with his never protracted diatribes on nothing. 
    Aspiring ESPNer. Though he must be a voracious reader to imbibe all this superfluous BS about BB and the league. He needs to get a life or a new boyfriend. What thinks you infallible one? You BBR.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB Slaps Polian and Company in Mouth : Tas - it was obvious what Russ meant, but his story didn't even mention Polian.  In fact, it specifically mentioned McKay.  This has nothing at all to do even with the story.  It has everything to do with Russ' tender feelings for Polian. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't it appear your are way more sensitive that I posted his name in the thread than your claim of my "tender feelings" toward Polian?

You have your panties in a bunch because Polian's name is forever associated with the Competition Committee just like Shula's was.

It's old news at this point that Polian's longstanding tenure and influence on making the NFL more politically correct is what he's known for.

Deal with it, Undies.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB Slaps Polian and Company in Mouth : He's either unemployed, self-employed or his boss knows not of his time spent on company time with his never protracted diatribes on nothing.  Aspiring ESPNer. Though he must be a voracious reader to imbibe all this superfluous BS about BB and the league. He needs to get a life or a new boyfriend. What thinks you infallible one? You BBR.
    Posted by Bralon[/QUOTE]

Yes, your well thought out, educated opinions here are well received. lol

Anyone concerned about anyone's personal life on a sports messageboard, where it's all they come here for, is the one who needs a life.

Why bother posting here if you have no opinion other than to monitor others' opinions?

It appears you are the one with the insecurity issue. 

I find it highly laughable some middle aged fat, balding turds think they have it one up on me in life.  lol

Cute name, there, "Bralon".  Tool.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB Slaps Polian and Company in Mouth : Wouldn't it appear your are way more sensitive that I posted his name in the thread than your claim of my "tender feelings" toward Polian? You have your panties in a bunch because Polian's name is forever associated with the Competition Committee just like Shula's was. It's old news at this point that Polian's longstanding tenure and influence on making the NFL more politically correct is what he's known for. Deal with it, Undies.
    Rusty - The purpose of this thread you created was obvious. 

On a more real note, if you don't think the NFL truly wants fewer concussions and is willing to look at nearly anything to avoid them then you are not using the small amount of mental capacity you were given. 

To those of us who love football the way we grew up with it, we'd better be willing to adapt, because I strongly believe that the rules will.  I don't think the NFL is interested in future lawsuits from former players who attempt to say the NFL had an opportunity to protect me and chose not to.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]Gotta love it when a coach is referred to as both "smart" and a "bulldog" in the same sentence. Here's a link to his bio: http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=coachbio&bio=34204
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

Lmao...I know, I caught the nickname myself.  Belichick refers to his new LB as: "Bulldogg" (is) "smart", and man...Idk about the rest'a you, but I like'em already.  Welcome aboard Bulldog!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB Slaps Polian and Company in Mouth : Rusty - The purpose of this thread you created was obvious.  On a more real note, if you don't think the NFL truly wants fewer concussions and is willing to look at nearly anything to avoid them then you are not using the small amount of mental capacity you were given.  To those of us who love football the way we grew up with it, we'd better be willing to adapt, because I strongly believe that the rules will.  I don't think the NFL is interested in future lawsuits from former players who attempt to say the NFL had an opportunity to protect me and chose not to.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

No, the purpose of the thread is to discuss the Comp Committee's PC behavior/proposals and BB's reaction to it.

Personally, it's refreshing to see BB go public with his disdain for something the CC does for once.  Good for him.  Someone needs to speak up.

This is a Pats board and you are an unwelcomed guest here. Keep that in mind.

If you want to troll and try to deflect with your middle aged little buddy group, go do it somewhere else.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

Uhhh..the "Bulldog" reference has to with the fact he played at Yale.
    You think you New Englanders would know that.
    Yale Bulldogs. So BB is saying he's smart because he attended Yale.
    He's not some "bulldog" badass, not talking about his demeaner. Wesleyan grad Bill likes 'em smart.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

For the past 5 years or more, Polian's Colts have been one of the worst kick coverage teams in the league. Hmmmm....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB Slaps Polian and Company in Mouth : No, the purpose of the thread is to discuss the Comp Committee's PC behavior/proposals and BB's reaction to it. Personally, it's refreshing to see BB go public with his disdain for something the CC does for once.  Good for him.  Someone needs to speak up. This is a Pats board and you are an unwelcomed guest here. Keep that in mind. If you want to troll and try to deflect with your middle aged little buddy group, go do it somewhere else.

So BB takes a stand and shows his disdain and then the Pats go ahead and vote for the change of having the kickoff moved up to the 35 (meaning more touchbacks) which is exactly what BB said he is against. Hmmmmm....