B.B.D.B. Is Back!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

B.B.D.B. Is Back!!!

Bend But Dont Break for those who dont know.

I could sit here and complain about the yards that were given up, or the early poor tackling by Barrett and Mayo and the continued concern of McCourty getting picked on, but I wont.  Because a lot of what happens betweens the 20 is conceded by Billicheck.  He knows good teams like the Chargers will move the ball, but the idea is to make a play when they get close to stop the drive, most likely in the redzone.  Yesterdays game reminded me of yesteryears and this team atleast has that ability to come up with timely plays to end drives.  Last years team had it a little, and the 09 team had none of it.

So, I will take the Win, and unlike others I realize its early and most offenses are midseason, clicking and moving the ball and No defense is dominating yet,, but if you can get T/T's (timely turnovers) from your defense, then you are doing something right and the redzone scouting is paying off and the execution is showing.  We had a lot of turnovers last year too, just not as timely, and the goal line stance was Great followed by a 99 yard TD drive...Dont get any better than that.

Feel Good about this Pats team, We are way ahead of schedule,. despite what it looks like.  Just have to hope the injuries arent serious. We need Chung and Ras I in that secondary or we are in trouble.  Looks like the poster last week might be on to something about Ras being our best cb.  2 weeks and hardly no balls thrown his way, and since he is a rookie, its surprising. It means he is covering his man, and dont look now Rusty, but I told you to calm down your man love for Bodden and that he wasnt right yet his year and wouldnt be starting...but go ahead and put your spin on it and back him up.

Gonna be a nice Shootout at the ok corral next week ...lets hope our secondary is up to the task.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: B.B.D.B. Is Back!!!

Mayo's tackling was pretty solid when he stopped Tolbert in his tracks on 4th down!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

You do realize McCourty has played against Marshall and Vincent jackson, right? Marshall is 6'4 while Jackson is 6'5 and both guys are dominant WR's. McCourty is sticking with his man, its just that his man is taller and physically more dominant, oh and a spectacular playmaker as well.

To early to say McCourty has regressed.

Now I agree with everything else you have posted. This D is good enough to win games, it hasn't come together yet. Its a work in progress and they are still learning. It has shown flashes of briliant play( Turnovers caused, goaline stands, pressure on the QB etc) but has also given up a ton of yards.

Then again, a ton of yards is different from a ton of points.

Look at Green Bay's defense, they are supposed to be other wordly right? Back to back 400 yard games for opposing QBs against that "elite" defense. Yet, they did enough to win the game, and that is all that matters.

Mark my words, this defense will get better as the season rolls along.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

McCourty has been covering most of the premier backs...give him time

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

BBDB.......

There will never be another "dominating" defense in Goodell's NFL. I do believe the Pats will get a whole lot better in their new defense, in time, but BBDB might always be part of the plan.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

You can say our d made a lot of turnovers yesterday, but mostly they just capitalized on bone headed mistakes by SD.  Not quite the same thing.  Our secondary is really struggling with big receivers.  Our line was having difficulty getting to Rivers.  I know it's going to take some time for this D to gel and get a better feel for the scheme, but it is a bit concerning. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

In Response to Re: B.B.D.B. Is Back!!!:
    [QUOTE]You do realize McCourty has played against Marshall and Vincent jackson, right? Marshall is 6'4 while Jackson is 6'5 and both guys are dominant WR's. McCourty is sticking with his man, its just that his man is taller and physically more dominant, oh and a spectacular playmaker as well. To early to say McCourty has regressed. Now I agree with everything else you have posted. This D is good enough to win games, it hasn't come together yet. Its a work in progress and they are still learning. It has shown flashes of briliant play( Turnovers caused, goaline stands, pressure on the QB etc) but has also given up a ton of yards. Then again, a ton of yards is different from a ton of points. Look at Green Bay's defense, they are supposed to be other wordly right? Back to back 400 yard games for opposing QBs against that "elite" defense. Yet, they did enough to win the game, and that is all that matters. Mark my words, this defense will get better as the season rolls along.
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

This is why I said I wont complain about it. I just adressed is because I know people are talking about it.  I am not as worried, but something on film is causing teams to go at him...as the rook was not getting any balls thrown his way. I am not saying he is regressing, just getting picked on as teams want him to prove he belongs...he will be fine...just knocking off rust. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Also alot of V.J's yardage was on Arrington in the slot too, and thats def. asking a lot to cover a guy while he goes across the field and you are fighting thru traffic. I understand Phillip is the best qb noone talks about and they have an explosive offense, the no catches for Gates tells you someone would be open.

They covered Gates with A backer underneath and safety on top and and sometimes with a safety underneath and one on top so there is gonna be holes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]You can say our d made a lot of turnovers yesterday, but mostly they just capitalized on bone headed mistakes by SD.  Not quite the same thing.  Our secondary is really struggling with big receivers.  Our line was having difficulty getting to Rivers.  I know it's going to take some time for this D to gel and get a better feel for the scheme, but it is a bit concerning. 
    Posted by agill1970[/QUOTE]

Def. a bit concerning as I feel the Pats relied too much on Rob Ninkovich to get pressure and he is just ok there.  Carter was a non factor and is showing his age, and Haynesoworth continues to look average and is on the ground too much for my likes,.....but they can only get better I hope. I hope its not a case of these guys being too old to ball out for 60 minutes.  Would Bill shift back to more 3-4 if these guys dont pick it up?  I def. think Anderson will start seeing some of Carters time.  He was unimpressive last night...but long way to go and look what happend to B-more yesterday. Atleast we are consistent in what we do

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Speaking of Carter I'm not sure what happened with him.  In that Tampa Bay game he was buzzing all over the place like an angry hornet.  Yesterday when he chased Rivers out of the pocket and over to the sideline he looked like he was running in molasses. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

[QUOTE]BBDB....... There will never be another "dominating" defense in Goodell's NFL. I do believe the Pats will get a whole lot better in their new defense, in time, but BBDB might always be part of the plan.
    Posted by Hog73[/QUOTE]

Hey Hoggie!

Too many damn flags in the game yesterday. The tackle on Rivers was right in the center of his abdomin....even that clown Nantz thought it was ticky tack!!! Imagine how good Babe & Grogan would have been in today's game????

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to B.B.D.B. Is Back!!!:
    [QUOTE]Gonna be a nice Shootout at the ok corral next week ...lets hope our secondary is up to the task.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Early returns seem to indicate that every game is going to be a shootout.

Now I've got one for you: S.S.D.D.

Wink

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to B.B.D.B. Is Back!!! : Early returns seem to indicate that every game is going to be a shootout. Now I've got one for you: S.S.D.D.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Dang, you gonna make me guess it?  what is s.s.d.d. ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

s.s.d.d....same s#@t different day dude. NFL has changed, look at the passing yards across the league. Shootouts are what the league wants. BB is just manipulating the way the league has trended to his advantage.

Is that where you were going with that P-mike?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B.B.D.B. Is Back!!! : Dang, you gonna make me guess it?  what is s.s.d.d. ?

Same Sh*t, Different Day

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Well we are def. equipped to go into any shootout.  This is what I have been seeing for a while. Its the turnovers that make the difference.  N.O. and Green Bay are both offensive minded teams with defenses that give up yards but have playmakers to get the ball back and its no surprise they were both top 5 in turnovers they years they won it all. In that regard, I dont mind Brady throwing a lot, I just like to see him under center where there is less predictability.

As the year goes on, the defense will gel more as and it will need to be better cuz you cant always rely on turnovers..

The Bills game will be a very entertaining one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]Well we are def. equipped to go into any shootout.  This is what I have been seeing for a while. Its the turnovers that make the difference.  N.O. and Green Bay are both offensive minded teams with defenses that give up yards but have playmakers to get the ball back and its no surprise they were both top 5 in turnovers they years they won it all. In that regard, I dont mind Brady throwing a lot, I just like to see him under center where there is less predictability. As the year goes on, the defense will gel more as and it will need to be better cuz you cant always rely on turnovers.. The Bills game will be a very entertaining one.

I agree with just about all of this, particularly the bolded part. I'd like to see Brady under center more -- and a larger focus on the running game -- eventually, simply because once the Pats have an unpredictable play-action component to this offense, they're going to be beyond unstoppable . . .   in theory.

But, ultimately, it's all dictated by matchups. You're going to take what the defense gives you, more often than not, and while I wasn't comfortable with needing four turnovers to win the game -- and I don't necessarily agree that all those turnovers were "great" defensive plays (as one prominent poster here keeps saying . . .  sometimes teams shoot themselves) -- I'll take 35 points and the win every day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]You can say our d made a lot of turnovers yesterday, but mostly they just capitalized on bone headed mistakes by SD.  Not quite the same thing.  Our secondary is really struggling with big receivers.  Our line was having difficulty getting to Rivers.  I know it's going to take some time for this D to gel and get a better feel for the scheme, but it is a bit concerning. 
    Posted by agill1970[/QUOTE]

Beg to differ; it is exactly the same thing. Turnovers are a result of a defense capitalizing on offensive malfunction; a perfectly functioning offense does not turn the ball over.

A team that consistently wins the turnover battle (as the Pats have since last year) does so because their defense is coached to pounce on offensive miscues, and because their offense is coached to protect the ball.

Pats fans need to stop saying ignorant things like, "If we hadn't lucked out with those turnovers..." when those turnovers are a strategic part of their game plan.

Yesterday, BB decided Antonio Gates was not going to beat the Pats. There was a penalty to be paid for this, as Floyd (before being hurt) and Jackson (a beast) had more room to roam and made great plays. But Gates is Rivers's binky, and when you take away a QB's binky, he will make mistakes during pressure times of the game. The defense has to be patient enough to wait, and to seize the opportunity when it is presented.

That is coached, my friend. And the Pats D executed the plan.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Same "Stuff" Different Day!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

When it's said and done I think McCourtey will be an improved player at the end of year two from where he was at the end of year one, with or without a probowl on the resume.  I think the missed off season time with the team and staff between first and second year is a bigger factor for DB's than say TE's.  And still, i don't see him being out matched at all.  And teams might not be going away from Ras I as much as they are going to their best threats.  So I don't take that as a knock on McCourty.

Also good to see Mayo making the special plays that change a game.  wilfork and mayo both.  if they can get a third player in the backfield to do the same, maybe chung if he can stay healthy, then they will become something by the end of the year.  I think this D will make big strides from beginning to end regardless of injuries which are a given.  if Haynesworth's conditioning improves to what it needs to be then lookout! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from memery26. Show memery26's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B.B.D.B. Is Back!!! : Beg to differ; it is exactly the same thing. Turnovers are a result of a defense capitalizing on offensive malfunction; a perfectly functioning offense does not turn the ball over. A team that consistently wins the turnover battle (as the Pats have since last year) does so because their defense is coached to pounce on offensive miscues, and because their offense is coached to protect the ball. Pats fans need to stop saying ignorant things like, "If we hadn't lucked out with those turnovers..." when those turnovers are a strategic part of their game plan. Yesterday, BB decided Antonio Gates was not going to beat the Pats. There was a penalty to be paid for this, as Floyd (before being hurt) and Jackson (a beast) had more room to roam and made great plays. But Gates is Rivers's binky, and when you take away a QB's binky, he will make mistakes during pressure times of the game. The defense has to be patient enough to wait, and to seize the opportunity when it is presented. That is coached, my friend. And the Pats D executed the plan.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

+1, well said.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Boy, do I feel slow! Anyway Pats D operated to perfection. The book on Rivers and SD is, given enought chances they will make mistakes. Give them fewer plays and they make fewer mistakes. Hence BB giving them the 5 yd dump-off pass all day long but taking away one of SD's big play machines. It stinks to watch it and makes me almost have to call 911 due to chest pains at times, but it was operated to perfection yesterday.