Be ready for an angry Pittsburgh team.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Be ready for an angry Pittsburgh team.

Well, Pitt this year isn't the Pitt that we've come to know, but I expect them to come into next weeks game fired up and ready to give us their best shot.  They have to be mad after the way their season has gone, and after getting beat today in Oakland.  I hope we have a good week of preparation and come out sharp next week.  I don't think it will be an easy game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Be ready for an angry Pittsburgh team.

That'd be a worrisome proposition if they were any good. But they're old and slow on defense and their O-line is in tatters. They're not as talented as Miami.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That'd be a worrisome proposition if they were any good. But they're old and slow on defense and their O-line is in tatters. They're not as talented as Miami.

[/QUOTE]

I know they are an old team, but I feel like they might still be able to rise up and give us a tough game next week.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

The only people I really see as a threat are Sanders, Brown, and their rookie RB Le'Veon Bell. That defense let Terrelle Pryor gash them for a 93 yard touchdown, and the Pats have loads more talent on O than the Raiders. Prepare for a big day through the air from Brady, and punishing runs from Ridley. 7-2 here we come.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

No worries

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Just play with toughness and we win.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I suspect it will be another close one going down to the end. A lot of pride on that Steelers team. Quite a few super bowl rings also. I can't think of his name right now but they have a great fan who occasuionally posts here. I hope he shows up this week. He is definately not a troll.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

The way this year's been up and down, week-to-week, I'm not taking any team lightly.  

Steelers aren't the problem; the Pats' effort and execution is.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

I like the Pats chances especially being at home.  Going into the bye with a 7-2 record would be fine by me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

No worries

[/QUOTE]

hmmm...  Polamalu doesnt worry you...?   You know hes going to be in Bradys face.   Rothleburger doesn't worry you...?  he can dink and dunk to Heath miller all day long like he did the last time teams met. 

Dick Lebeau doesn't worry you...?  This guy is the most creative aggressive DC in the league.  You don't think hes going to go after 36 year old Brady with everything they ve got?

Plenty to worry about IMO.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

The Steelers might be angry but they are old and they suck.  I think they even lost during their bye week. 

Polamalu is slow, he can't run anymore.  Rothlesburger can dink and dunk to miller all he wants, they aren't going to win like that.  Sanders will be watching on the sidelines wishing he was with us.

Lebeau needs players who can carry out his game plans.  He doesn't have those players anymore.

Patriots should not lose this one.  Pats by 10 to 13 is my guess.  If we lose this one then were are in a lot worse shape then we want to admit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Steelers might be angry but they are old and they suck.  I think they even lost during their bye week. 

Polamalu is slow, he can't run anymore.  Rothlesburger can dink and dunk to miller all he wants, they aren't going to win like that.  Sanders will be watching on the sidelines wishing he was with us.

Lebeau needs players who can carry out his game plans.  He doesn't have those players anymore.

Patriots should not lose this one.  Pats by 10 to 13 is my guess.  If we lose this one then were are in a lot worse shape then we want to admit.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry Rico ....  You may be slow if you think Polamalu is slow.   Hes back healthy and flying around dangerous as ever.  Roth can dink and dunk and win.... as in last time they played.....?   True that both teams have evolved since but just like Brady always gives you a chance to win....  the same could be said for Rothelburger since he can stand in there and deliver the ball and also scramble .  Combine that with attacking D and this team is dangerous to the Pats.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

True, but they have a better player at the most important position.  Obviously still expecting a win at home.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

One would think it would have taken less than 8 games for them to get mad.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Getting one of these for Rusty for Christmas: 

Personally I prefer the model of winning championships and then having rough seasons (Pitt, Ravens, Giants) versus being in the hunt every year but having each year end in painful futility in the playoffs (the Pats for hte last decade). 

Pitt should play us tough but that's more to do with our injuries and still trying to gell on offense. We're not there yet, it's that simple. Can we get there? I think so, but injuries are mounting. Talib is the one I am watching.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Well, Pitt this year isn't the Pitt that we've come to know, but I expect them to come into next weeks game fired up and ready to give us their best shot.  They have to be mad after the way their season has gone, and after getting beat today in Oakland.  I hope we have a good week of preparation and come out sharp next week.  I don't think it will be an easy game.

I think theyve been angry all year...who cares?  Big Ben is Done! I saw him running around for his life yesterday. He will be lucky to last the season and his signature, "run around outside the pocket and make plays way of playing" has worn out. The Raiders made em look like Chit. Now the Raiders are playing well with their new QB but cmon man. This is an early bye week. If we come after Ben like we did with Ryan...Its a wrap! Time to rest up

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Personally I prefer the model of winning championships and then having rough seasons (Pitt, Ravens, Giants) versus being in the hunt every year but having each year end in painful futility in the playoffs (the Pats for hte last decade).

[/QUOTE]

The "model" you are describing doesn't exist.  The only model is getting to the postseason relatively healthy, getting hot and having a few lucky bounces.  This idea that these teams that are struggling traded championships for a few rough seasons is nonsense.  The 2007 Patriots were a better team than any team that has won a title since we won our last one.  Did that matter?  No, because the NFL is still an any given Sunday league.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

I see the Steelers trolls are out in force.  They are still sore over 2001.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:

I see the Steelers trolls are out in force.

???

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One would think it would have taken less than 8 games for them to get mad.

[/QUOTE]

hahaha..........

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

No. New England is going to gut this Pittsburgh team like a fish. Mark it down. 

Then a bye. Then a whole new, healthier, more practiced/comfortable team is going to come out to play. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

[QUOTE]

Getting one of these for Rusty for Christmas: 

Pitt should play us tough but that's more to do with our injuries and still trying to gell on offense. We're not there yet, it's that simple. Can we get there? I think so, but injuries are mounting. Talib is the one I am watching.

[/QUOTE]

Good luck explaining that in 20...............

"Was he a King....Shaman...?"  

"No man he was a football coach!!"      

"Oh?!!?"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

This is the long and short of it. Pittsburgh, like all truly great teams (not one-off winners) won with a championship defense. 

LeBeau needs pass rushers to work his zone-blitz defense. At this point they are depleted. NE has already gone through three defenses that are much tougher than what Pittsburgh has going out there. 

Watch this week. 

Brady will have his best game of the season as will the WR corps. The Patriots will roll on the Steelers. 

Pats by 17 points. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

No worries

[/QUOTE]