Beat Miami

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

Beat Miami

That's all that is necessary right now! The Saints were very good, but I think a great pass rush will beat them and the Vikings have that. So N.O. will likely be an NO for the S.B.
     The Pats on the other hand can be big winners down the stretch and could defeat the Colts.
     But this next game is the big game. With a  Pat's Win, the Dolphins have 7 losses. They will be finished. So enjoy this next one and see what happens.

Although I did not enjoy the results, I have to say that I liked the way the Saints Defense acts at the Line of Scrimmage, lots of threatening movement and the Pat's D looked Quiet by comparison.
     I think this is a reflection of the coach's personality,and there has to be someone more dynamic than D. Pees who can bring this defense alive. Maybe someone form the Bears Organization. they are always tearing the ball away.
     Did the Pat's stay down south for this one and prepare for the Dolphins in La?
      Not a bad Idea even if I did think of it myself.
    Go Pat's

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: Beat Miami

"Although I did not enjoy the results, I have to say that I liked the way the Saints Defense acts at the Line of Scrimmage, lots of movement and the Pat's look Quiet by comparison. I think has to be a reflection of the coaches personality,and there has to be someone more dynamic than D. Pees who can bring this defense alive. Maybe someone form the Bears Organization. they are always tearing the ball away."

I seem to recall the Jets under Mangini did that constantly against Brady. I am no football coach (girls soccer ugghh!) but it seems to me a no huddle offense like the Colts use would force the defenses to play more straight up without the substituting. Plus it seems we have trouble getting the play in fast enough for Brady and the O line to really sort out the defense before the play clock expires.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

I agree that a quick offense is a geat attack. I don't know why BB does not use it more. In this one it seemed that the Pat's lack of Pass rush was a real contributor to defeat. K.Orton threw for 70% and Brees for 78%. so the Pats need quicker bodies up front. Did you see Robert Mathas of the Colts run down K.Faulk from behind a few weeks back. Speed and quickness can defeat size many times in sports. Who was that smaller LB who played years for Miami and got traded to Dallas, he was great. very fast to the hole. He could beat guards or any other blockers with wuickness..
      But I think also that the whole defense is a bit lethargic and some opp. runners show the Pat's none desire to pile on. They go 7 yds when the should be stopped for 4.
     Defense is the key. they have to get to Manning and Rivers and Farve.
     Go Pats .Addai, Sproiles and Peterson will not beat the Patriots

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

"Did you see Robert Mathas of the Colts run down K.Faulk from behind a few weeks back. Speed and quickness can defeat size many times in sports."

I did see that play and I think it brings up an important point about the Patriots. The reason why I think we won't be able to beat the Colts in Indy (if we get that far) is because of Mathis and Freeney. Both teams have great quarterbacks, both teams have average secondaries at best. But the Colts can generate a pass rush without blitzing because of their fast ends. We need to blitz to generate pressure against Manning which can be suicide against him. The Colts can drop back seven and still generate pressure. I like Kaczur but Mathis killed him in that game. If Freeney or Mathis are hurt the game evens out and I like our chances.