Bedard Caught

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Re: Bedard Caught

Who cares?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckels' comment:
    [QUOTE]

For the intelligent people, this further proves that the Globe hires people to cover the Pats who will attack BB and the team in general.  They play into what they've created. And it all started post-Spygate, which we know is the platform for this.  If NE had won the SB last year, they'd lose revenue with less hits on these articles that they right here. 98.5 would be in trouble as well.

Duh.

Don't you find it odd that this town's major newspaper doesn't have objective people who know the game they are supposed to cover, but they have the opposite? And they have these obvious agendas?  Hmm.

Chris Gasper, Tony Mazz and this lard somehow know football played it and are objective?

Ummm, no.

Keep in mind, I'm someone who sent an email to the editor of this paper here back in 2008 who caught Borges plagiarizing. 48 hrs later, Borges was fired.

Not saying it was from my email, as I am sure there were others who emailed in with that egregious act, but just saying. Never, ever trash anyone in your profession if you're a professional. And don't lie, cheat, etc, thinking you're above what is you cover.

I knew something wasn't right with Bedard. Breer was shuffled off because it become too obvious, but Bedard's bias is still obvious, in my opinion.

Funny, Chad Finn's stuff is buried here, as is Eric Wilbur's and neither "cover" the PAts, officially. They're the best analysts this paper has with the Pats, but they aren't considered leads in covering the Pats.   The other guy like that is Charles Pierce. All smart people who get it, but they aren't given the lead.

Chris Gasper has never played a sport in his life and certainly isn't qualified to cover the NFL.  Shalise was here as a lead pre-Bedard, too, so that shows you how little they care here.

[/QUOTE]

"Duh" - of course.

Adversarial reporting sells.

On every level , every news org has an agenda... unbiased repoting went out about 15 years ago.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Actually, Shalise Manza-Young is the official Patriots beat writer for the Globe.  Bedard is the NFL writer and Gasper is columnist. Tony Massarotti actually writes for Boston.com...

So what, big yawn, do writers and reporters need to be fans of the teams they cover. Does that help them do a better job? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Rusty, in all seriousness this is the worst thread I've ever read. You went creaping on Beddard and this is what you came up with? Why? Becasue he doesn't agree with your views? This is low and stupid. It's not like the guy is Steve Deosie.

He covers the team, he does decent and who cares really? Why do you even care what these guys write or say....Tony Mazz, Felger, Burgus (don't know or care if I spelled that right).

This infatuation with writers is weird. First off there isn't a writer in this town that has any inside scoop on this team, so for the most part they have become irrelevant. No one really reads their stuff anymore - it's all news flash and internet headlines for information nowadays.

Leave the guy alone, he seems decent enough and has two kids to raise.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rusty, in all seriousness this is the worst thread I've ever read. You went creaping on Beddard and this is what you came up with? Why? Becasue he doesn't agree with your views? This is low and stupid. It's not like the guy is Steve Deosie.

He covers the team, he does decent and who cares really? Why do you even care what these guys write or say....Tony Mazz, Felger, Burgus (don't know or care if I spelled that right).

This infatuation with writers is weird. First off there isn't a writer in this town that has any inside scoop on this team, so for the most part they have become irrelevant. No one really reads their stuff anymore - it's all news flash and internet headlines for information nowadays.

Leave the guy alone, he seems decent enough and has two kids to raise.

[/QUOTE]

creeping?...how...why... would you know how many kids he has?

Just kidding..trying to beat Rusty to it.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

This is the same Bedard who in a Sunday column this month suggested that one could make the case that BB was the greatest coach in NFL history.  Then he went on to say "I'll make that case" (and did).

If you go hunting for a sliver of negativity on a person you are sure to find it.  To say that Bedard has an agenda (against the Pats) is contrary to the evidence.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Replace the word "news" with the word "entertainment" -- which is what this is all about -- and stuff like this won't bother you so much anymore.

In case there is anyone left who hasn't realized it yet -- and particularly during an election season -- objective journalism is long, long gone . . .    has been for years. Once accurate and documented attribution was allowed to be replaced with the miscellaneous sobriques, "sources," the need to tell anything remotely resembling the truth flew right out the window and was last seen headed for parts unknown.

Gone, baby . . .   gone.

So read or watch whatever makes you comfortable. Just know: None of it matters.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

IF someone had only previously informed me sometime in the past that Greg bedard is:           A fatalistically miserable Red Sox Fan, someone whom STILL believed the Pats were cheaters in the 2007 Offseason* based on the fact that they drove a single seat snowplay out onto the field during a blizzard in 1982(!) for 1 brush swoop, And an "Avid Golfer", AND a fan of the cleanest, whitest, most primped, stuck-up, perfectly polished, forever blemish-free, & never-EVER dirtied NFL QB to have ever played the game (Dan Marino) prior to hoppin' on the Brett Favre "I'm an absolute d##cheb#g" bandwagon...I'd Have Said THIS to you:

He writes & reports exactly how I'd have expected him to.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Bedard is a very hard working, fair, intelligent and fact checking journalist. Many are not. To sully Bedards rep is asinine. He is the best NFL writer as far as understanding what the Pats are running on the field in a very long time.

Reiss is a great guy, but Bedard far, far understands football in greater detail than Reiss. 

Rusty brings his agenda of "this writer has an agenda". in he case of Bedrad, he is 1000% wrong as usual....

Bedard is the best in he area at understanding exactly what the Pats are doing on the field.

i wouldn't comment if some one criticized Shalise or Tony Mazz....Bedard is on a different level. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckels' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Disagree. Perillo, Zolak and Tom Curran are far more knowledeable. Heck, Field Yates, the new add they have over there knows more than Bedard. Bedard is fine with the Xo and Os, but his biases show up, as thinly veiled as they are. You just can't see them, RKarp.

Hey, RKarp are you excited to see Sanchez play today since you were so impressed with him last year? lmao

Bedard made plenty of dumb comments last year, his second year here. Didn't take him long to become entitled thinking he should get more access than he does.

[/QUOTE]

Sanchez seems to be carving up the Pats at will.