Bedard Speculates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Bedard Speculates

(Sorry I can't post the link from today's paper)

He says from what he's hearing the Pats are studying the receivers in the draft very closely.  He goes on to speculate that they could do something like 2010 where they drafted two tight ends, but this time two WRs.

I must say I don't buy it, but BB has been known to pull a draft day surprise or two.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Re: Bedard Speculates

they did this with RB in 2011 too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think it makes sense.  The receiving corp is very thin and if Gronk is now a question mark, it's even thinner than I thought.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

The big surprise would be if he took two WRs in the first three rounds - He may do a double-dip with a WR in the first three rounds another in the 7th round.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

The big surprise would be if he took two WRs in the first three rounds - He may do a double-dip with a WR in the first three rounds another in the 7th round.

This is my belief as well... gonna be tough to double up on Day 1/2 unless they're able to add picks. 

They were able to double up in previous years because they had a lot more picks/flexiblity, etc.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

This wouldn't surprise me one bit.  Josh McD apparently has a lot of influence with what BB does and he could be pushing for good, young receivers from the draft.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

(Sorry I can't post the link from today's paper)

He says from what he's hearing the Pats are studying the receivers in the draft very closely.  He goes on to speculate that they could do something like 2010 where they drafted two tight ends, but this time two WRs.

I must say I don't buy it, but BB has been known to pull a draft day surprise or two.

Two young big fast WRs would be nice

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

This is my belief as well... gonna be tough to double up on Day 1/2 unless they're able to add picks. 

They were able to double up in previous years because they had a lot more picks/flexiblity, etc.

So MB.  Who then?  I think we all like Austin, from WV.   But what about others likeDobson from Marshall?....I like him.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

So MB.  Who then?  I think we all like Austin, from WV.   But what about others likeDobson from Marshall?....I like him.

If it's up to me, I'm looking Hopkins/Allen in Rd 1 OR Bailey/Patton/Wheaton/Rogers in Rd 2, then maybe following up with a TJ More or Mark Harrison (or another upside type kid) in Rd 7.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

Which makes it more likely that if they do get Sanders before the April 19 deadline, they may only go 1 WR (your choice and mine Hopkins) in the draft at that point.

Sanders just turned 26.

It's like using a pick for WR in this draft at that point.

I believe BB used his 2nd and 7th for Welker in 2007 and Welker was 26.

This draft could very well be similar to how he looked at 2007, and used a multitude of picks simply to get what he wants.   As much as it's a need for WR here, I don't think he needs to beholden to the draft to accomplish the goal.

Under this scenario, say Hopkins in Rd 1 and Sanders as your Rd 3, I'd expect to see them target a CB (DJ Hayden, etc.) or maybe a DT like John Jenkins (if he's available) in Rd 2.  Interesting to see if they'd spend (2) Top 100 picks on WR... my instincts say no, but it's certainly conceivable.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Still would prefer another dlineman but i wouldnt complain about a WR

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

With 5 picks, 2 of which are 7th rounders, very doubtful they use 2 on WR. More likely they resign Edelman and pick one or sign Sanders.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

here some possibilities.

Draft a Wr in the first and other in the seventh. Maybe Allen or Hopkins in the first and Mark Harrison or Marquess Wilson in the seventh.

Draft a Wr in the second and third. Rogers, Woods, Wheaton, Dobson, Bailey...

Give a third round pick for Sanders and Draft a WR in the seventh.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

Harrison in rd. 7 sounds like a try...he's huge, fast and can catch...which makes me think he won't be there in rd. 7......anyone know what his team play deficiencies are?...I remember reading something about not really liking football that much...

Inconsistent overall and wasn't that productive (44-583-6 in 2012, 14-274-2 in 2011).  Def a Day 3 kid, with prob Rd 5 upside, IMO.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

the good think is that we have McDaniels he knows how to draft wrs he did a good job in Denver Picking Decker and Thomas

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

the good think is that we have McDaniels he knows how to draft wrs he did a good job in Denver Picking Decker and Thomas

Who did he draft in St Louis?