Bedard Would also let Lloyd walk (i brought this possibility up, reiss recently wrote about it, now bedard)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Re: Bedard Would also let Lloyd walk (i brought this possibility up, reiss recently wrote about it, now bedard)

Harvin would be a great fit in this ofense IMO.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Re: Bedard Would also let Lloyd walk (i brought this possibility up, reiss recently wrote about it, now bedard)

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

No. Blows up at coaches, has migraines and is injury prone. 

this guy being a injury prone is whats concerns me

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If Harvin is willing to come in for half the price Welker is looking at maybe, but are we talking trade or wait for release? If we are talking trade, no way. Harvin might be able to give good numbers to replace Welker if the savings is enough to add players to the D but as Rusty pointed out the injures, migrains, effort on field at times, and attitude at coaches might not be worth it.

Frankly I'd rather move Hern to Welkers old spot and count on Ballard and Gronk as your main 2 TE's. RFA tag Hoom and either keep Fells or find an acceptable replacement for the $1mil you'd save releasing Fells (not an easy task). Then try to add a 3rd starting caliber WR in the mix via draft or if you get Nelson depending on what the Bills tender him at for the RFA.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

If Harvin is willing to come in for half the price Welker is looking at maybe, but are we talking trade or wait for release? If we are talking trade, no way. Harvin might be able to give good numbers to replace Welker if the savings is enough to add players to the D but as Rusty pointed out the injures, migrains, effort on field at times, and attitude at coaches might not be worth it.

Frankly I'd rather move Hern to Welkers old spot and count on Ballard and Gronk as your main 2 TE's. RFA tag Hoom and either keep Fells or find an acceptable replacement for the $1mil you'd save releasing Fells (not an easy task). Then try to add a 3rd starting caliber WR in the mix via draft or if you get Nelson depending on what the Bills tender him at for the RFA.

GOOD POSTS, THOUGHTS ALL AROUND.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

1. Let Welker (And possibly Woodhead) go.  If you can get a legit all purpose FB in FA, trade or the draft, go for it.

2. Sign Hartline to a 4 year deal on average of 3.5 mil.

3. Keep Lloyd.

4. See what Tedd Ginn wants and also solve your kick returner problem simultaneously. He's also your "field stretcher".

That would work imo. Lloyd should stay and will be better after a year in the system. He was decent last year , he made a few early drops but also came up with some great catches along the sidelines. 

Welker can go, he's nearing his mid 30's and will have a big dropoff soon, I like the idea of going with a younger faster guy like hartline who has better hands than welker too. Don't bother with Wallace, he's got to be the most overrated guy in the league. He's a one trick pony, thats it, forget it. I'd like them to keep Edelman. 

I'd hate to see Woodhead go but if Demps is ready they have to let someone back there go and it isn't going to be one of the bigger backs. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

we need to get a athletic receiver group, like Atlanta, we have to find guys that are going to be consistently open...we have enough at short routes runners.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

One FB who could be had who could also help on STs from that position, who is a FA after 2013, is Michael Robinson.

Arguably the next best FB in the NFC behind John Kuhn.

Maybe call up Pete Carroll and see if he wants a 5th rder.

He's due 2.5 mil.

Welker/Woodhead:  Cost will be at least 10 mil combined for 2014 and beyond

Hartline, Lloyd and Michael Robinson (FB) = 10 mil

Which package would you rather have? I know my answer.

Hernandez is the best H-Back in the league, I wouldn't waste too much money in a good FB. You can have a TE come out of the back field or an extra lineman block.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I don't think Wallace is a good fit here but I don't see how being a one-trick pony makes him overrated (let alone the most overrated player in the league). Sure, he's not worth huge money but teams know what he is going to do most of the time and they still struggle to stop him. He had to play a few games with Batch and Leftwich this year too which hurt his numbers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

we need to get a athletic receiver group, like Atlanta, we have to find guys that are going to be consistently open...we have enough at short routes runners.

yup

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

yup

Who?

The guys Atlanta has are absolute monsters. You're not going to pick up guys like that in FA for free.

Baltimore didn't have a number 1 WR. Torrie and Q are number 2 WRs at best. Patriots don't need two beast WRs. Those guys aren't on the market and those guys are super expensive.

I'd be happy with 2 numver 2 WRs or even a 2 and a 3. Pats just need guys that can make teams pay when they put a safety over Hern or Gronk.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

One FB who could be had who could also help on STs from that position, who is a FA after 2013, is Michael Robinson.

Arguably the next best FB in the NFC behind John Kuhn.

Maybe call up Pete Carroll and see if he wants a 5th rder.

He's due 2.5 mil.

Welker/Woodhead:  Cost will be at least 10 mil combined for 2014 and beyond

Hartline, Lloyd and Michael Robinson (FB) = 10 mil

Which package would you rather have? I know my answer.

Hernandez is the best H-Back in the league, I wouldn't waste too much money in a good FB. You can have a TE come out of the back field or an extra lineman block.

Flat out disagree. Hernandez is one of the best slot WRs in the NFL. And H back should be able to block well and not be prone to injury either.  He is not physical and cannot block like a Delaney Walker or a Michael Robinson.

I used to think like you in terms of using a subbed in big man to block, but not when you have a finesse style offense.

Time to change the offense and put the final pieces in place to balance it out.

He is way too big be an effective slot. You have him come out if the back field, have a deep threat, a slot guy, a guy to work the side lines, and a good TE and you have a balanced attack. Two TE and Two WR isn't balance.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

yup

Who?

The guys Atlanta has are absolute monsters. You're not going to pick up guys like that in FA for free.

Baltimore didn't have a number 1 WR. Torrie and Q are number 2 WRs at best. Patriots don't need two beast WRs. Those guys aren't on the market and those guys are super expensive.

I'd be happy with 2 numver 2 WRs or even a 2 and a 3. Pats just need guys that can make teams pay when they put a safety over Hern or Gronk.

We u said everything, we need a big and fast receiver that can make plays... we should find this guy in the draft.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

yup

Who?

We u said everything, we need a big and fast receiver that can make plays... we should find this guy in the draft.

been my chorus for a bit

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Injury Prone? Prior to this past season Harvin only missed 3 games AND still has missed fewer games than Hernandez has while playing 1 more year than Hernandez. Gronk might also be in the same situation were it not for injuring his ankle in the AFCCG and not a few games earlier.

So he's no more injury prone than Hernandez, Gronk, or Edelman.

His migraines have not affected his playing.

He's only 24.

He's got more play making ability than probably any other WR on the team.

He was more productive with bad QB's than Welker was when Welker was playing with bad QB's, prior to coming to NE.

The Patriots traded a 3rd for Randy Moss and a 2nd for Welker. Does anyone not think those trades were worth it?

Let's say Harvin is worth a 2nd but you are able to get him for a 3rd and 7th because the Vikings know the team trading for him will have to work out a contract extension making him less appealing. You don't think that would be worth it? You don't think Harvin is a known commodity and will be hands down light years better than any other WR you could possibly get in the 3rd round in this years draft?

Randy Moss had a reputation before coming here as well. He eventually lived up to that rep much later but it was still a deal worth doing.

If the contract and draft collateral was right I am doing that trade every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

As far as Atlanta - so do you really want to give up the next two draft's capital like they did to assemble the WRs? And there isn't anyone in the draft of that caliber anyway. Yes take a WR in the draft but don't expect a franchise player out of the box.

Of the big guys in FA - I really don't like Bowe or Wallace and their likely prices are probably beyond the Pats anyway. Jennings is probably the most interesting if his health checks out, but he too is probably to expensive. Hartline just strikes me as a different version of Lloyd at a higher price. He put up some good numbers this past year but that was primarily because he was the only viable option on the team so any time he was open he got the ball. And his numbers were pretty comparable to Lloyd's even in that situation.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to gogogopats' comment:

Looks like every reporter is following OPs footsteps. Why can't you write a single thread without saying i brought up earlier in another thread :)

Because he's an attention seeking Millenial tool. That's why.  Easily the most annoying Pats fan here and it ain't close.

He thinks this is a video game.

queenie one day someone is gonna punch you in the mouth - really hard - and i would pay almost anything to be there to see it

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

only he lets welker, vollmer and lloyd walk too.

though he tries to sign talib (i sign or tag)

of all the pieces needed in fa and draft, he and i differ only at one possition, adding a top pass rusher which i put at priority 1. he doesnt address at all.

otherwise he has, wr/cb in rd 1, wr. cb in rd 2 (i have both of these IF WE get a pss rusher in fa, which is my preference [otherwise i go pass rsuher in rd 1 and cb/wr in rd 2 adn 3]), and offensive tackle in rd 3 (since he lets volmer go).

for free agents he has stretch the field x receiver as #1 priorty (i have as tied for #2 priority after pass rusher).he says get the best one on the market (AND draft one in rd 1 or 2).

FA'S followed by rac z receiver, cb, and dl

he starts wilson at strong safety  saying you dont draft a guy at 48 to be a nickel back (to which i reply, it dosnt matter where you draft him , it matters how good he is. if he aint good enough, you need a better safety).

Reiss writing about it is a plus for you Bedard is a minus